HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:21 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
420 Posts
I thing you need to be flying to see them. I can only see them in the air.
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:21 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
I set channels for pan and tilt, but Im not seeing the bars on screen. I think I missed something. Anyone have this set up?
What compass mode are you using. The Pan/Tilt bars aren't available in every compass mode style.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:36 AM
hollywoodjoe67
United States, NH, Wakefield
Joined Mar 2011
35 Posts
dosd v2

ok, bench tested sytem, and all is well, configured osd via radio and also pc commander, no complaints here. Just a question, i have a 3 posiition switch on fut t9cap all set up as ch 5 which works well...after reading through the book and noticing i also should have a switch to cancel out warnings and also a gain knob to adjust the autopilot gains.. was wondering how to set the values on the osd menu to assign those switches to the futaba radio and how to set them up on the radio, are the any endpoints that need to be set for those on the radio itself and what values on the osd side do i set them..for example the switch position on the osd menu says default 15, so what do i change that to? thank you guys , much appreciated...joe
hollywoodjoe67 is offline Find More Posts by hollywoodjoe67
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:54 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodjoe67 View Post
ok, bench tested sytem, and all is well, configured osd via radio and also pc commander, no complaints here. Just a question, i have a 3 posiition switch on fut t9cap all set up as ch 5 which works well...after reading through the book and noticing i also should have a switch to cancel out warnings and also a gain knob to adjust the autopilot gains.. was wondering how to set the values on the osd menu to assign those switches to the futaba radio and how to set them up on the radio, are the any endpoints that need to be set for those on the radio itself and what values on the osd side do i set them..for example the switch position on the osd menu says default 15, so what do i change that to? thank you guys , much appreciated...joe
The only switch you really have to worry about end-point adjustments are is the display mode (3-position) switch. The other switches are simple on/off type setups. For the SW switch (turns off warnings....which can also be done by entering then exiting the Menu display). The gain slider/turn knob only adjust gain up to what you have set in the DOSD menu...so you can reduce the gain in flight, but you can't increase it beyond what you set. The default 15 is what channel the individual command is. The 15 is pretty much just a 'holder' to assign inactive functions to. If you SW switch is on Ch7 of your Rx then you want to set SW input as 7...same for the rest of the channels you want to use.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2012, 04:20 PM
United States, CA, El Dorado Hills
Joined Jan 2011
130 Posts
I have my osd setup in the mode where it shows the H <home> in relation to where I am. If I upload another waypoint will it show that on the screen as well?

What I'm trying to do is setup something like ILS approach markers so when flying in the dark I have a better idea where I'm at when trying to land in a dark field. There are a couple of hills on approach that I can't see in the dark.
peatmoss is offline Find More Posts by peatmoss
Old Feb 17, 2012, 04:37 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peatmoss View Post
I have my osd setup in the mode where it shows the H <home> in relation to where I am. If I upload another waypoint will it show that on the screen as well?

What I'm trying to do is setup something like ILS approach markers so when flying in the dark I have a better idea where I'm at when trying to land in a dark field. There are a couple of hills on approach that I can't see in the dark.
I'm not sure which compass mode that is. Some show the pan/tilt indicators, others don't. You'll have to experiment with the different ones to see which ones have the indicators.

Waypoints will not show up on screen...only the distance to the next waypoint.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:02 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
It should only take a couple of seconds at most. Power it down and try it again. Make sure you don't have Tx andRx reversed.
well, I've restarted my PC a number of times, as with the osd... PCC hand shakes, recognizes the osd, but then stalls on downloading parameters.
Tried all ports
My pc runs on Vista... pulled out the laptop which also has vista, exact same issue.
Swapped the Tx/Rx wires, device not recognized, so I do have it the correct way.
Reloaded the USB/TTL drivers, no change.
Dosd is in the plane completely wired up, powered by vid lipo, vTx is the only thing disconnected (avoid overheating on the bench)

I cant think of anything else to try.
I'll take the plane to Chance's next week, I know he has his dosd talking to PCC, I'll try my osd on his computer...
No doubt I'm doing something dumb... or overlooked something...
AussieHoppy is offline Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:00 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy View Post
well, I've restarted my PC a number of times, as with the osd... PCC hand shakes, recognizes the osd, but then stalls on downloading parameters.
Tried all ports
My pc runs on Vista... pulled out the laptop which also has vista, exact same issue.
Swapped the Tx/Rx wires, device not recognized, so I do have it the correct way.
Reloaded the USB/TTL drivers, no change.
Dosd is in the plane completely wired up, powered by vid lipo, vTx is the only thing disconnected (avoid overheating on the bench)

I cant think of anything else to try.
I'll take the plane to Chance's next week, I know he has his dosd talking to PCC, I'll try my osd on his computer...
No doubt I'm doing something dumb... or overlooked something...
Do you have .netframework 3.5 installed? Having 4 and above won't help. You have to have 3.5 installed.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2012, 11:49 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Do you have .netframework 3.5 installed? Having 4 and above won't help. You have to have 3.5 installed.
pm sent
AussieHoppy is offline Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:09 AM
United States, TX, Mansfield
Joined Jan 2012
529 Posts
FYI - .net 3.5 download for Windows:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=21

Cheers!
CTvxl is offline Find More Posts by CTvxl
Old Feb 18, 2012, 02:15 AM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,860 Posts
So I have been using DOSD v2 for a while on my Bixler. Recently put EagleTree on my Mini Skywalker and it hits me .. the ET is nice, bright and clear text, while the DOSD on my other plane is very difficult to read while wearing Fatsharks. Looking at some DOSD videos, folks have much better defined, bright clear text on their DOSD. Further, when I turn on the 'outline' the text is obscured as the white and black bleed into each other.

Any clue what is going on with my very faint DOSD text? Any other adjustment parameter I am missing? I have plenty of filters/chokes already installed for helping the video system. It's enough for me to consider selling my DOSD.
BCSaltchucker is offline Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Feb 18, 2012, 06:09 AM
France
Joined Mar 2008
332 Posts
Hello ,

Do you know if an antenna tracker will be available soon for the dosd ?

Regards
totonor is offline Find More Posts by totonor
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:43 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
So I have been using DOSD v2 for a while on my Bixler. Recently put EagleTree on my Mini Skywalker and it hits me .. the ET is nice, bright and clear text, while the DOSD on my other plane is very difficult to read while wearing Fatsharks. Looking at some DOSD videos, folks have much better defined, bright clear text on their DOSD. Further, when I turn on the 'outline' the text is obscured as the white and black bleed into each other.

Any clue what is going on with my very faint DOSD text? Any other adjustment parameter I am missing? I have plenty of filters/chokes already installed for helping the video system. It's enough for me to consider selling my DOSD.
I did a mod on my DOSD board that helped improve the text with borders on. In short, it produces a thinner black border. If you're not soldering profecient you could end up damaging your board so consider before doing. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=14534
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:45 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by totonor View Post
Hello ,

Do you know if an antenna tracker will be available soon for the dosd ?

Regards
Development in in process. John posted a little bit back they've upgraded the prototype for additional functions so it's going through some redesign work. Virgis is the head on the Dragon Tracks, but he's on vacation right now so no word on a release. Actually, he'd just picked some beta testers recently...so things are on the move, but no exact release date yet.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2012, 02:39 PM
France
Joined Mar 2008
332 Posts
Thanks van , you're not a beta tester ?
totonor is offline Find More Posts by totonor