I just showed that to my wife and she laughed
lol
flylite is offline Find More Posts by flylite
Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:38 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,252 Posts
well I would love to test dragon tracks on 5.8ghz.

i love to build antenna and go far So far I have build cloverleaf, spw, helicals 4, 6, 8 turn. Gone out 8.1km on 5.8ghz 200mw. I even have a swr dyi meter to tune antennas.

I have two 5.8ghz receivers too ... well three

I've just built a new plane too. It has dragon OSD in it. And since my hd keychain broke I only record the sd version.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old Feb 10, 2012, 07:29 PM
Norway, Oslo
Joined Feb 2012
65 Posts
mike thecrash I'm glad you answer when I ask you something. you are a big help, so for me you are the man
gazzzz is offline Find More Posts by gazzzz
Old Feb 10, 2012, 08:16 PM
Joined Dec 2007
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzzz View Post
mike thecrash I'm glad you answer when I ask you something. you are a big help, so for me you are the man
second, service is something else when dealing with Mike(theCrash)
rsands2801 is offline Find More Posts by rsands2801
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:47 PM
Bazinga!
South Africa, KZN, Durban
Joined Feb 2007
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moelich73 View Post
Hi guys
I flew with my new DragonOSD for the first time this weekend and it went very well, there's just two

Problem 1:
I'm struggling with the AP setup, but will go through the thread again and search for setup tips. The problem with forum searches is that there's a little bit of info here and there, spread over many pages!
At this stage all the AP settings are at default, and when I activate AP the wing dives down and to the right. When I do a servo direction test, My pan servo (on rudder channel) goes nuts (jitters) and the one elevon seems to move, but nothing else.

Problem 2:
My other problem is I'm experiencing a buzzing noise on my audio channel. I'm not sure if it's related to my OSD wiring, or something else. I have it wired as follows:

Onboard microphone's signal wire goes to my Vtx, together with the audio out pin from the OSD. Is that correct?

When the onboard mic is connected, I can hear the motor running fine, but the buzzing noise is also there. With the audio variometer activated, I can hear it very faintly in the background if I turn the volume up, but the buzzing noise is also very loud then.

Another sound I can hear sometimes, is a different buzzing noise every 5 seconds. You can hear it towards the end of the video clip below.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

http://vimeo.com/36269100
Can someone perhaps help me with problem 2? Problem 1 is sorted now. Thanks!
Moelich73 is online now Find More Posts by Moelich73
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:52 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moelich73 View Post
Can someone perhaps help me with problem 2? Problem 1 is sorted now. Thanks!
Is the buzz there with no DOSD audio connected? That would at least point to a DOSD or non-DOSD issue. You can try putting a series resistor (~4.7k ohm) in the audio line to attenuate it. I had an issue with my GoPro where the audio line was really affecting the video signal....and the audio wasn't attached to the DOSD. After adding a resistor in the audio line my video problem was fixed...weird...I know, I was surprised too.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2012, 01:08 PM
Bazinga!
South Africa, KZN, Durban
Joined Feb 2007
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Is the buzz there with no DOSD audio connected? That would at least point to a DOSD or non-DOSD issue. You can try putting a series resistor (~4.7k ohm) in the audio line to attenuate it. I had an issue with my GoPro where the audio line was really affecting the video signal....and the audio wasn't attached to the DOSD. After adding a resistor in the audio line my video problem was fixed...weird...I know, I was surprised too.
Thanks for the advice. I unplugged the DOSD audio and the buzz is still there, so it seems to be something else than the OSD. Unfortunately the 4k7 resistor didn't make a difference. Seems like I'll have to dig deeper to find the problem.

Edit, 30 minutes later:
I made some progress! I replaced the video Tx with another (identical) one, and the buzzing is now only half as much. So it seems like the Vtx is a bit crappy on audio. I suspect the noise problem will be gone if I buy a better quality Vtx (these are both the 1.2GHz 800/500mW Vtx from RangeVideo).

Sorry, this is now off topic from the DragonOSD.
Moelich73 is online now Find More Posts by Moelich73
Last edited by Moelich73; Feb 11, 2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 04:33 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,814 Posts
AussieHoppy is offline Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by AussieHoppy; Jun 10, 2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:22 PM
Joined Aug 2008
120 Posts
I have searched for a while but can't find an answer to this one.

Anyone know if the GPS Logger from SM-Modellbau can be used as the GPS sensor with DOSD?

Specs are as follows:

GPS logger:

10Hz GPS, or 10 readings per second

Micro SD memory card

Data are stored in plain text on the card

Altimeter barometric sensor supported by additional

Full telemetry support for Jeti Duplex, Multiplex M-Link and Graupner HoTT, including barometric Vario

Direct connection of UniLog half possible for data recording and telemetry support

Recording of all data on the sensor bus multiplex in operation with M-Link

Recording of the receiver battery voltage