SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 05, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Dec 2011
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Ah, this is the GPS you said got the wires ripped out of it...correct? If so, you could have other issues. The flash of the LED tells me its getting power. The lack of DOSD recognizing it tells me its not communicating.
Yes the wires got ripped off, I'm updating the dosd atm hoping the gps will work after that...
(btw they got ripped of when not under power...)

EDIT:
Well now pcc gives me this info:
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2178/60855111.png

I didn't change anything, just powered it up again and reconnected pcc...
Weird

EDIT2:
Gps also found with the latest version.
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8868/71914874.png

I used a 12v battery directly on the osd power pins instead of using the 12v of my psu. I unplugged the battery and used the psu again and everything still works...

Any idea how i can resolve this problem for the future?
dr_serious is offline Find More Posts by dr_serious
Last edited by dr_serious; Feb 05, 2012 at 03:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2012, 03:22 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2011
371 Posts
Quote:
I just added some smaller gauge wire and wrapped them through a torroid as many times as possible (6-8 times possible...it's been a while). The torroid is close to the GPS antenna. Never had a problem getting satellite lock.
Just want to make sure I understand this correctly. You cut the wires from the GPS system and added the wire extension in the middle right? You cut the wire from the middle and not at the ends right?
THOMASJONES is offline Find More Posts by THOMASJONES
Old Feb 05, 2012, 04:25 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THOMASJONES View Post
Just want to make sure I understand this correctly. You cut the wires from the GPS system and added the wire extension in the middle right? You cut the wire from the middle and not at the ends right?
Actually I made note of the wire colors and what pads they were attached to on the GPS. I then desoldered the leads, solder on new extension wires, the spliced the new wires to the original wires. That made for a cleaner extension with only one splice to worry about.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2012, 10:00 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2011
371 Posts
Quote:
Actually I made note of the wire colors and what pads they were attached to on the GPS. I then desoldered the leads, solder on new extension wires, the spliced the new wires to the original wires. That made for a cleaner extension with only one splice to worry about.
That sounds like a nice clean setup. Thank you so much
THOMASJONES is offline Find More Posts by THOMASJONES
Old Feb 06, 2012, 01:15 AM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
Quote:
Hey Van, Can I trouble you to share a picture of what you just described? I'm a noob and would love to take a look-see if you don't mind
Thanks.
williamjames is offline Find More Posts by williamjames
Old Feb 06, 2012, 01:28 AM
What goes up, must come down
United States, MI, Midland
Joined Sep 2009
704 Posts
This is a very busy thread and I can not tell you guys who contribute Thank You enough!

I was waiting till the thread calmed down a little bit to ask my question. I was wondering if anyone knew if you need the DragonLink to make the DragonTracks work? As I plan on getting it as soon as its available. Or can pretty much any UHF system work with it?

Crazy1
crazy1pilot is offline Find More Posts by crazy1pilot
Old Feb 06, 2012, 01:31 AM
gytiswb
Lithuania, Kaunas
Joined May 2011
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy1pilot View Post
This is a very busy thread and I can not tell you guys who contribute Thank You enough!

I was waiting till the thread calmed down a little bit to ask my question. I was wondering if anyone knew if you need the DragonLink to make the DragonTracks work? or can pretty much any UHF system work with it?

Crazy1
Hi CrazyOne,

You'll only need DragonOSD to get DragonTracks work that because all the info needed for tracker is sent using video channel.
webe is offline Find More Posts by webe
Old Feb 06, 2012, 01:44 AM
What goes up, must come down
United States, MI, Midland
Joined Sep 2009
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webe View Post
Hi CrazyOne,

You'll only need DragonOSD to get DragonTracks work that because all the info needed for tracker is sent using video channel.
Thank You.
for some reason i thought it might involve the UHF system.. I'm assuming it sends the information through the audio channel?

Crazy1
crazy1pilot is offline Find More Posts by crazy1pilot
Old Feb 06, 2012, 01:45 AM
gytiswb
Lithuania, Kaunas
Joined May 2011
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy1pilot View Post
Thank You.
for some reason i thought it might involve the UHF system.. I'm assuming it sends the information through the audio channel?

Crazy1
No, not in audio. Telemetry data is sent through video channel.
Old Feb 06, 2012, 02:36 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by webe View Post
Hi CrazyOne,

Is there any news from DragonTracks? And also reg new firmware of DOSD?
Cheers
Firatp is online now Find More Posts by Firatp
Old Feb 06, 2012, 02:46 AM
gytiswb
Lithuania, Kaunas
Joined May 2011
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp View Post
Is there any news from DragonTracks? And also reg new firmware of DOSD?
Cheers
Well, I hope Virgis won't kick my ass for that
As far as I know at the moment there is a small test batch of DragonTracks made for testers.
Old Feb 06, 2012, 03:21 AM
Bazinga!
South Africa, KZN, Durban
Joined Feb 2007
618 Posts
Hi guys
I flew with my new DragonOSD for the first time this weekend and it went very well, there's just two

Problem 1:
I'm struggling with the AP setup, but will go through the thread again and search for setup tips. The problem with forum searches is that there's a little bit of info here and there, spread over many pages!
At this stage all the AP settings are at default, and when I activate AP the wing dives down and to the right. When I do a servo direction test, My pan servo (on rudder channel) goes nuts (jitters) and the one elevon seems to move, but nothing else.

Problem 2:
My other problem is I'm experiencing a buzzing noise on my audio channel. I'm not sure if it's related to my OSD wiring, or something else. I have it wired as follows:

Onboard microphone's signal wire goes to my Vtx, together with the audio out pin from the OSD. Is that correct?

When the onboard mic is connected, I can hear the motor running fine, but the buzzing noise is also there. With the audio variometer activated, I can hear it very faintly in the background if I turn the volume up, but the buzzing noise is also very loud then.

Another sound I can hear sometimes, is a different buzzing noise every 5 seconds. You can hear it towards the end of the video clip below.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

http://vimeo.com/36269100
Moelich73 is offline Find More Posts by Moelich73
Old Feb 06, 2012, 03:29 AM
Bazinga!
Joined Feb 2007
618 Posts
I just thought of something about the AP.
If the wing needed a lot of left trim to fly straight, do I need to set the trimmed state as the neutrals in the menu before the OSD will see that as neutral in AP?
In other words, when I enable AP, does it still use the neutral settings which were there before the maiden flight and trimming?
That might cause the dive to the right in AP mode, as that was what the wing did before I trimmed it out.
Old Feb 06, 2012, 04:01 AM
Russian Federation, Moscow
Joined Apr 2011
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH View Post
Just adding more to the UART to IC2 translator board info. Still waiting for Chinese New Year thing to be over in Asia before my batch gets shipped out.

http://vimeo.com/35678431

John
John,

Where can I buy translator? Is it already available?

Thanks,
Sergey
Zont is offline Find More Posts by Zont
Old Feb 06, 2012, 04:33 AM
Bazinga!
Joined Feb 2007
618 Posts
Quote:
Last thing...before doing RTH stuff, make sure you trim your plane for straight and level then SAVE the trim settings from the DOSD main menu. If you don't save the trim setting the DOSD will go to what it considers normal 'center' of the servos which could cause climbing, diving, rolling, etc. Again, this is covered in the manual...read it many times, understand it, print out the pages with the AP trim steps and go fly some setup flights.
Ah, looks like my suspicion was right about the neutrals needing to be set in DOSD. That's probably why the wing dives to the right in AP mode.
I did read the AP section of the manual, but clearly not well enough!