HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:57 PM
I'd FPV it.
United States, GA, Winder
Joined Nov 2009
2,862 Posts
Still not sure on rssi pins. I was using the older 9 ch rx with my last plane. And a new 12ch on new wing. 9ch has 2 pins, 12ch has 3. I was using the connector from old set up on new rx. Can you elaborate what pins on new rx needs to run to osd? I have no center pin on board side of lead, but all 3 on rx side.
Ho-Jazz is online now Find More Posts by Ho-Jazz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:23 PM
Joined Sep 2011
256 Posts
I accidently suppllied the GPS unit with 3S voltage. Now it wont even light up with the 3.3v supply. But it still lights up if i input the 3S voltage. Do i need to order another gps now? f so? Were do i buy GPS only that fits the DOSD
zkilzz is offline Find More Posts by zkilzz
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:27 PM
Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2009
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkilzz View Post
I accidently suppllied the GPS unit with 3S voltage. Now it wont even light up with the 3.3v supply. But it still lights up if i input the 3S voltage. Do i need to order another gps now? f so? Were do i buy GPS only that fits the DOSD
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=315
vertcnc is offline Find More Posts by vertcnc
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:29 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,421 Posts
Vendors should sell the GPS on its own if you want one. Dragonlabs.eu can if the others won't
other GPS units also work, the DOSD is versatile and automatically recognises GPS data types!
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:29 PM
Gravity - It's the law
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
AP Settings

Hello all.

I've been here and trying to absorb some of the knowledge and experience of this group for several weeks.

I just got back from trying my DOSD for the first time and I'm lovin' it!

But I have come up with 2 questions that I need some help on (I'm sure there will be more but these are what have me stumped right now.

I wanted to test the RTH feature and it turns well.

But the elevator and throttle I'm not sure about.

Right now all my settings are default in the AP settings menu and my Aileron (rudder), elevator and throttle all run thru the OSD PWM putputs.

I have Throttle mode set to 1.

The problem is, the EZ* will turn to home but the throttle setting seems to remain the same wheter I need to lose altitude or gain altitude.

I have to adjust the throttle manually (which I may not be able to do if I've lost video and the AC is beyond visual range and I am in a panic mode to return to home).

Also if I readjust the throttle the AC will sometimes porpoise while heading back.

Once at home the AC will circle but it is at whatever altitude I have the throttle setting at.

What am I doing wrong or missing here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Yabba
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:47 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabba View Post
Hello all.

I've been here and trying to absorb some of the knowledge and experience of this group for several weeks.

I just got back from trying my DOSD for the first time and I'm lovin' it!

But I have come up with 2 questions that I need some help on (I'm sure there will be more but these are what have me stumped right now.

I wanted to test the RTH feature and it turns well.

But the elevator and throttle I'm not sure about.

Right now all my settings are default in the AP settings menu and my Aileron (rudder), elevator and throttle all run thru the OSD PWM putputs.

I have Throttle mode set to 1.

The problem is, the EZ* will turn to home but the throttle setting seems to remain the same wheter I need to lose altitude or gain altitude.
I have to adjust the throttle manually (which I may not be able to do if I've lost video and the AC is beyond visual range and I am in a panic mode to return to home).
Throttle Mode 1 is just your actual stick position. You need Throttle Mode 2 for AP control, plus set your cruise speed, plus set your throttle step gain.

Quote:
Also if I readjust the throttle the AC will sometimes porpoise while heading back.

Once at home the AC will circle but it is at whatever altitude I have the throttle setting at.

What am I doing wrong or missing here?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Yabba
Sometimes mine porposes too. You can lower your ROCSTEPGAIN to try and smooth it out.

There are also several different Decend Modes. Some keep the same altitude its flying at. Some slowly decend to target altitude, some stay the same altitude until you are in the 'hit distance' then actively decend. Some will try to maintain airspeed, some won't. Take a look at the manual...most seem to use Decend Mode 3.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:27 PM
Joined Jul 2011
53 Posts
tslrs RSSI buffer/amp?

Hey all, I'm setting up a DOSD+V2 with a TSLRS receiver for the first time - hoping to get advice from anyone who has done this before.

In particular the voltage amplitude of the RSSI signal buffer from the TSLRS receiver is quite low (requiring amplification to use with IRC gear). Is such amplification necessary for Dragon?

Thanks in advance.
a_marmot is offline Find More Posts by a_marmot
Old Jan 16, 2012, 07:08 PM
Gnd/Heli Interface Tester
Essex UK
Joined Jul 2005
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Throttle Mode 1 is just your actual stick position. You need Throttle Mode 2 for AP control, plus set your cruise speed, plus set your throttle step gain.

Sometimes mine porposes too. You can lower your ROCSTEPGAIN to try and smooth it out.

There are also several different Decend Modes. Some keep the same altitude its flying at. Some slowly decend to target altitude, some stay the same altitude until you are in the 'hit distance' then actively decend. Some will try to maintain airspeed, some won't. Take a look at the manual...most seem to use Decend Mode 3.
Thanks for that, I spent all afternoon Sunday setting up my RTH on my DragonOSD, I eventually got all of it working (RTH with throttle as well) but it seems to be a bit hit and miss, sometimes I engage RTH and it just keeps flying and doesnt turn, sometimes it does and works perfectly... so not sure whats going on there, I did think maybe it might be the GPS losing lock ?

Additionally... is the OSD in this video a DragonOSD? If so, how do you get the stats in the bottom left corner(wh and mAh/km), I did think turning on the logging might add them but it didnt... any ideas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pJXaHKZ50g
jiberjaber is offline Find More Posts by jiberjaber
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:32 PM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2006
433 Posts
So i started wiring the OSD, i am using the DIY ppm board,and a hitech rcd3500 receiver. I know the manual says to connect rudder and elevator to pins on the dosd, but i am using an EZ** with ailerons. Do i connect ail and elev instead of the rudd and elev?
navihawk is online now Find More Posts by navihawk
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:36 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiberjaber View Post
Thanks for that, I spent all afternoon Sunday setting up my RTH on my DragonOSD, I eventually got all of it working (RTH with throttle as well) but it seems to be a bit hit and miss, sometimes I engage RTH and it just keeps flying and doesnt turn, sometimes it does and works perfectly... so not sure whats going on there, I did think maybe it might be the GPS losing lock ?

Additionally... is the OSD in this video a DragonOSD? If so, how do you get the stats in the bottom left corner(wh and mAh/km), I did think turning on the logging might add them but it didnt... any ideas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pJXaHKZ50g
Yes, that's a DOSD display. The stats you referred to is called the 'Assist Menu'...or something like that. It's enabled/disabled by the SW switch. So if you haven't done it yet, you'll need to assign a 2-way or momentary switch for the SW function.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:38 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navihawk View Post
So i started wiring the OSD, i am using the DIY ppm board,and a hitech rcd3500 receiver. I know the manual says to connect rudder and elevator to pins on the dosd, but i am using an EZ** with ailerons. Do i connect ail and elev instead of the rudd and elev?
The AP functions of the DOSD are Ailerons and Elevator. Rudder can be 'mixed' in by the DOSD via the Rudder mode if you wish. There's three Rudder modes...0=no rudder mix with AP ailerons, 1=rudder mix with AP ailerons, 2=rudder mix with AP ailerons in opposite direction of mode 1.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:48 PM
Joined Nov 2006
433 Posts
is there a place that has wiring diagram? i cant seem to get the throttle channel to work, all others are working good
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:59 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navihawk View Post
is there a place that has wiring diagram? i cant seem to get the throttle channel to work, all others are working good
How is your wiring done? I have my throttle input assigned to the appropriate PPM channel. My throttle/ESC is connected and assigned to one of the DOSD PWM output ports. I have assigned my throttle mode to 1 which is basically just a throttle signal throughput, ie no AP throttle control. Make sure you have the input, output and throttle modes assigned properly.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:01 PM
Joined Nov 2006
433 Posts
i havent asigned anything on the dosd, i just connected per the manual, except i switched the ail for rudd on the dods board, goes PPM,ELEV,AIL,THRO,RUDD on dods, then goes to the ppm board,then the 3 wire lead to channel 1,and then the others in order
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:01 PM
Joined Nov 2006
433 Posts
all i did was connect dosd to pc and switch radio to futaba,since i am using a futaba 7uap super