SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:03 AM
Joined May 2008
657 Posts
Help
So I'm tiring to get my Cruise speed and altitude set. It shows in meters (m) I think. I have the parameter metric set to no.
Does the Cruise speed and altitude only show in meters? If so that means I will need to convert it to feet.
Thanks for the help
markeydoo is offline Find More Posts by markeydoo
Last edited by markeydoo; Jan 15, 2012 at 09:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2012, 07:52 AM
Mr. Breeze
United States, GA, Winder
Joined Nov 2009
2,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertcnc View Post
Check how the channels are assigned in the DOSD setup menu.
All the channels are set up correctly, and there are no mixes in radio. Is the gps light supposed to be solid red? I recall the light blinking before.
Ho-Jazz is online now Find More Posts by Ho-Jazz
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:35 AM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho-Jazz View Post
All the channels are set up correctly, and there are no mixes in radio. Is the gps light supposed to be solid red? I recall the light blinking before.
It blinks. It doesn't stay on solid. Can you send the XML output for your osd config? We can look through and see if anything is mixed up.
Tracks is offline Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:55 AM
Mr. Breeze
Joined Nov 2009
2,777 Posts
Tracks...I will try, but now the pc commander wont even connect to osd. It did last night. Also I tested again this morning to get in menu with TX. The setting are control 1-ele1, control 2- ele2, control 3- throttle. Now when I go into flight mode everything looks fine at neutral sticks...when I move the alie/ele stick on TX, I get a failsafe and ap disabled flash on screen. If I let sticks go back to neutral, screen is fine. Also GPS is solid red and not even trying to lock on screen. Have used all this stuff for many flights before, has never had any issue like this.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 09:11 AM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,985 Posts
Quote:
Tracks...I will try, but now the pc commander wont even connect to osd. It did last night. Also I tested again this morning to get in menu with TX. The setting are control 1-ele1, control 2- ele2, control 3- throttle. Now when I go into flight mode everything looks fine at neutral sticks...when I move the alie/ele stick on TX, I get a failsafe and ap disabled flash on screen. If I let sticks go back to neutral, screen is fine. Also GPS is solid red and not even trying to lock on screen. Have used all this stuff for many flights before, has never had any issue like this.
Which receiver/transmitter are you using for control, and how is it attaching to the OSD? My GPS units blink, but that might just be the brand. It shouldn't get any sats while inside and without sat lock, AP will be disabled. I'm assuming you have the failsafe set to turn on RTH on the receiver. Is it an actual failsafe? Does your RSSI go low and do you get a flashing WARNING on the screen? Or is it possible that the channel you use for the OSD menu is now also mixed, like the throttle was?
Tracks is offline Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Jan 15, 2012, 09:59 AM
Mr. Breeze
Joined Nov 2009
2,777 Posts
Using dragon link rx/tx. The osd gets ppm from ch9 on 12ch rx. Ppm into first pin before ch 1-4 on osd. Rssi shows 100% on screen, then glitches when servo input is given. Have not set fail safe yet as I can get it to respond correctly. I did rebind the rx and that had no affect. Hmmm...may try to post short vid of issue.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:09 AM
Mr. Breeze
Joined Nov 2009
2,777 Posts
Osd control is channel 5 in osd and mixed to vrc3 on futaba 9cap. That is the only mix in radio.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:27 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markeydoo View Post
Help
So I'm tiring to get my Cruise speed and altitude set. It shows in meters (m) I think. I have the parameter metric set to no.
Does the Cruise speed and altitude only show in meters? If so that means I will need to convert it to feet.
Thanks for the help
The metric on/off only applies to the actual display readings. All other settings, warning, etc, are always in metric. I wish they'd convert to either metric or feet, but that's the way it is.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:32 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,114 Posts
Quote:
This only started when you swapped from regular wing to a flying wing? It sure sounds like a setting issue somewhere. A couple of things to try:
1. Make sure you Tx is set for normal Ail and Ele output...DON'T do a elevon mix at the Tx.
2. Make sure the DOSD is set to Elevon1 and 2 (as you described)...it'll do the aileron/elevator mixing for you.
3. Try reducing the Aileron and Elevator end points on your Tx. The signal might be swamping the adjoining channels causing some 'bleed over' onto the throttle channel.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:34 AM
Mr. Breeze
Joined Nov 2009
2,777 Posts
Ok might have found issue. Looks like I have fed power to the board in two places. Forgot to remove red wire from new esc. Is it possible to fry the board like this? Would board just become a brick, or halfway kinda work?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:06 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,114 Posts
Quote:
Ok might have found issue. Looks like I have fed power to the board in two places. Forgot to remove red wire from new esc. Is it possible to fry the board like this? Would board just become a brick, or halfway kinda work?
No, probably not. The one place that might get damaged is a small ground trace on the current sensor. If you're using a current sensor then I'd disconnect both the Red and Black leads from the ESC servo wire.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:30 AM
Mr. Breeze
Joined Nov 2009
2,777 Posts
Hmm have tried 1,2, and 3 on your list. Gonna try to run servos and esc through the rx and see if that works. If that does, it has to be the settings in osd...right?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:50 PM
Mr. Breeze
Joined Nov 2009
2,777 Posts
Ok more tests. I took everything off osd but ppm in. It works just fine, no glitches. One by one I hooked up the osd again...powering Dow. And back up for each wire. The problem comes when rssi is connected to osd. If no rssi is connected, which I can live with, the only issue that remains is gps is solid red...and will not lock. It's out in my driveway where this gps has worked many times before. Gawd I love wires.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 03:17 PM
Mr. Breeze
Joined Nov 2009
2,777 Posts
Gps is back up and going. Had the connector on board backwards...DOH!(slap forehead)...Thank you guys for quick answers, a tons of stuff was resolved in one day here. You guys kick butt! Now I'm off to fly!
Old Jan 15, 2012, 03:42 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,114 Posts
Good to hear you've got it sorted out. Now...are you sure you had the RSSI wire on the right pins?
RCG Plus Member