HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2012, 05:32 PM
Australia, WA, Carlisle North
Joined Jul 2008
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy1pilot View Post
when i plug everything in to the computer it recognizes it as com 5 and i click connect and it attempts to connect but then says connection failed. what am i doing wrong? i am powering it with a 3s in the power plug on the DOSD (not the CS).
Try reversing your TX and RX wires.

Regards

Doug
spitfire_Doug is offline Find More Posts by spitfire_Doug
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2012, 05:41 PM
What goes up, must come down
United States, MI, Midland
Joined Sep 2009
704 Posts
spitfire_Doug

IT WORKED guzzes thank you guys!! i love RCG <3
crazy1pilot is offline Find More Posts by crazy1pilot
Old Jan 11, 2012, 05:41 PM
Joined Sep 2011
256 Posts
If i have the DL uhf rx and rssi hooked up. Will ap rth engage if the signal is 0%?
zkilzz is offline Find More Posts by zkilzz
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:58 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkilzz View Post
If i have the DL uhf rx and rssi hooked up. Will ap rth engage if the signal is 0%?
Yes IF you have the DL failsafe set right. You want to make sure you set the failsafe with the AP/RTH set and some throttle if you want to 'motor' back home vs trying to glide back home.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:50 PM
KC9TPL- Get Legit
USA, IN, Bloomington
Joined Aug 2007
829 Posts
Info on failsafe:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=14964
BloomingtonFPV is offline Find More Posts by BloomingtonFPV
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:50 AM
Portugal, Lisbon, Sintra
Joined Jul 2011
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSTECH View Post
also like to add that these IMUs will soon be supported!

* CHR-UM6
* Sparkfun Razor 9DoF AHRS
* Mongoose IMU

John
Hi

I think you should include the CRIUS board in the support list because it has 10DOF, arduino, it has the same sensors has the others (and even more) and it's the cheapest.
In the code you just need to adapt the orientation of sensor and it's addresses. (and also I already have it form my MultiWii project )

It will also be nice if we could mix Multiwii code and DOSD code so that one only IMU could be used to control a leveled Quadcopter, heli plane or flying wing and also provide information for DOSD.

IF DOSD board could support all the processing we could just couple it with FreeIMU 0.4.1
http://www.varesano.net/topic/freeimu
flyboygaac is offline Find More Posts by flyboygaac
Last edited by flyboygaac; Jan 12, 2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:30 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboygaac View Post
Hi

I think you should include the CRIUS board in the support list because it has 10DOF, arduino, it has the same sensors has the others (and even more) and it's the cheapest.
In the code you just need to adapt the orientation of sensor and it's addresses. (and also I already have it form my MultiWii project )

It will also be nice if we could mix Multiwii code and DOSD code so that one only IMU could be used to control a leveled Quadcopter, heli plane or flying wing and also provide information for DOSD.

IF DOSD board could support all the processing we could just couple it with FreeIMU 0.4.1
http://www.varesano.net/topic/freeimu
I'm certainly not a programmer or an electronics design engineer. I would think, though, that making it so just about anything out there would be plug 'n play with the DOSD would consume huge amounts of (limited) memory. I'm not aware of other OSD systems that use a variety of sensors for the user to pick from. I'm willing to bet most are 'use just our sensors or use nothing'. Daniel keeps saying the DOSD was design just as an OSD system that has turned into a lot more. Perhpas a DOSD V3, 4, 5, etc will provide more and better options as things continue to develop.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2012, 05:27 PM
Joined Sep 2009
704 Posts
I am trying to update my DOSD using the DragonOSD+ PC Commander version 2.11 but every time i click check for latest version it just says an error has occurred while performing a firmware check. please try again later.. i have tried over several days and it just keeps saying that. is there another way of updating the firmware? my dragon has firmware 11.2 and i would like to put the newest one on 17.2..

Crazy1
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:17 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,956 Posts
Just go to the DragonLabs.net web site. You can find the lings to the firmware there.
http://www.dragonlabs.net/site/DragonOSDplus/downloads
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:38 PM
NSW Australia
Joined Mar 2010
245 Posts
Quote:
spitfire_Doug

IT WORKED guzzes thank you guys!! i love RCG <3
Hey Im trying to do the same thing but about 2 steps behind you I think.
I have been looking at pages 76-81.
Tell me, that black FTDI cable on page 76 , is it just a USB cable or does it have a chip moulded into it?
I fly Mk multi's and have a MKUSB adaptor (serial adaptor and have tried that but connection fails).
weather is fining up so wanna get in the air for its maiden.
Thanks
Troy
Imagecatcher is offline Find More Posts by Imagecatcher
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:48 PM
Joined Sep 2009
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Just go to the DragonLabs.net web site. You can find the lings to the firmware there.
http://www.dragonlabs.net/site/DragonOSDplus/downloads
Ive been there and downloaded the new Firmware but how to i go from "my computer" to the "DOSD"? like how to i get it to load onto the Dragon? thanks

EDIT:

I believe i figured it out. didn't realize there was a "Flash Device" instead of "Check for latest version"

Crazy1
Last edited by crazy1pilot; Jan 12, 2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Sep 2009
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagecatcher View Post
Hey Im trying to do the same thing but about 2 steps behind you I think.
I have been looking at pages 76-81.
Tell me, that black FTDI cable on page 76 , is it just a USB cable or does it have a chip moulded into it?
I fly Mk multi's and have a MKUSB adaptor (serial adaptor and have tried that but connection fails).
weather is fining up so wanna get in the air for its maiden.
Thanks
Troy
this is the programmer i bought, it was only $3!! took a little while to arrive but cant complain to much. works perfect after i reversed the RX & TX wires.
also you wont need to modify anything with this USB connector, because it already comes with the individual wires to connect.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...E:L:OU:US:1123

Crazy1
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:14 PM
NSW Australia
Joined Mar 2010
245 Posts
Quote:
this is the programmer i bought, it was only $3!! took a little while to arrive but cant complain to much. works perfect after i reversed the RX & TX wires.
also you wont need to modify anything with this USB connector, because it already comes with the individual wires to connect.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...E:L:OU:US:1123

Crazy1
DONE I have ordered one ...CHEAP!
BUT
Will my Mikrokopter USB serial adaptor do for now??? Any MK multirotor guys out there??
Thanks Crazy1
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:27 PM
Joined Sep 2009
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagecatcher View Post
DONE I have ordered one ...CHEAP!
BUT
Will my Mikrokopter USB serial adaptor do for now??? Any MK multirotor guys out there??
Thanks Crazy1
I do not think so but i am not 100% sure.. i just ordered a KK Board programmer because i am going to use a CHEAP HK KK board as a gyro stabilizer for my plane and try it out....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1554249

maybe Vantasstic will know better as he seams to be the Customer Support for Dragon OSD
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:34 PM
NSW Australia
Joined Mar 2010
245 Posts
Quote:
I do not think so but i am not 100% sure.. i just ordered a KK Board programmer because i am going to use a CHEAP HK KK board as a gyro stabilizer for my plane and try it out....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1554249

maybe Vantasstic will know better as he seams to be the Customer Support for Dragon OSD
I have the FY30A to stabilise...pretty good.