SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:12 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navihawk View Post
Does 900mhz video system affect the DOSD a lot?the gps signal? anyone flying with 900 with some info?
The biggest thing I've seen 900MHz bother is the el-cheapo HXT-900 servos...makes them jitter like 'ell. Other than that you should have no issues. I did a 5+ mile outbound flight on 900MHz, 500mW, with home made Inverted Vee VTx antenna and an 8dBi patch for the VRx. No issues with GPS, video system, etc.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:17 PM
Joined Apr 2011
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Sounds a little like the ROCStep gain may be to high.
My Rocstepgain is set at 2 and approcgain is at default. So do I decrease approcgain?

Quote:
Set the logging period to anything other than 0. Each number is logging period in seconds. I use 5 seconds for mine.
I see, so once I turned on the OSD, set the value to any value above 0 and speed of above 0.5km/h, the GPS log will automatically start?
pyrojets is online now Find More Posts by pyrojets
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:26 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrojets View Post
My Rocstepgain is set at 2 and approcgain is at default. So do I decrease approcgain?
Every plane is different. Try different settings to see what happens. My porpoises sometimes too and then sometimes flies perfectly straight.

Quote:
I see, so once I turned on the OSD, set the value to any value above 0 and speed of above 0.5km/h, the GPS log will automatically start?
Correct. You don't have to do anything else to start GPS logging. Word of warning though. Once your memory fills up the recording stops...it doesn't over-right old data. You can clear the RAM anytime via the menu and can download/delete data via PC Commander.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:00 AM
Joined Apr 2011
261 Posts
Quote:
Correct. You don't have to do anything else to start GPS logging. Word of warning though. Once your memory fills up the recording stops...it doesn't over-right old data. You can clear the RAM anytime via the menu and can download/delete data via PC Commander.
Thank you van, managed to get the log for today's flight. Flew 3km far and tested autopilot. Rocked at one point due to low speed. But all is well. Will tweak with the settings when I am more experienced. Next up, waypoint flying!
pyrojets is online now Find More Posts by pyrojets
Last edited by pyrojets; Jan 10, 2012 at 04:59 AM.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:56 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
flipy,

Talk to John (JMSTECH) about your predicament and see if he can do something special for you. We have helped out many guys like you in the past.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:35 PM
Joined Aug 2010
913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgpilot View Post
It actually launched without menu. Accidentally hit the switch as I grabbed the Tx to get ready for the goggles, conveniently placing the dosd switch into menu mode. A mistake that cost $250

I think I just became ReadyMadeRC's best customer.
Sorry, to hear that. I bumped the RTH switch while grabbing for the goggles and didn't realize it. The plane started flying crazy because I was fighting it with control inputs which temporarily overrides RTH. As soon as I let go, it goes back to the RTH mode and resumes trying to come home. I didn't get the goggles on but I would have seen the "Autopilot RTH" if I did. It took me a couple of minutes to figure out why the plane is flying with a mind of its own...

This stuff is fun though!
thekubiaks is offline Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:03 PM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2010
1,777 Posts
Is there a period of no power to the DOSD after which settings can be lost - IE volatile memory? Reason I ask is because my OSD settings all appear to have gone back to defaults. It's possible that I did something to cause that, but I sure don't remember it. Anyway, I had everything backed up, thank God, so all is right in the OSD world again. Just wish I'd known about it BEFORE I flew, so that I could put everything back right and actually have a flight log when I came home... :-/

Rick NR417
NightRunner417 is offline Find More Posts by NightRunner417
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:39 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRunner417 View Post
Is there a period of no power to the DOSD after which settings can be lost - IE volatile memory? Reason I ask is because my OSD settings all appear to have gone back to defaults. It's possible that I did something to cause that, but I sure don't remember it. Anyway, I had everything backed up, thank God, so all is right in the OSD world again. Just wish I'd known about it BEFORE I flew, so that I could put everything back right and actually have a flight log when I came home... :-/

Rick NR417
There's no backup battery on the DOSD so...the saved memory should not just disappear over time.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:51 PM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2010
1,777 Posts
Right, that's what I thought... Maybe I accidentally reset to defaults somehow, heck if I know but definitely all my settings went back to factory somehow. Weird...

Rick NR417
NightRunner417 is offline Find More Posts by NightRunner417
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:06 PM
Gnd/Heli Interface Tester
Essex UK
Joined Jul 2005
360 Posts
I am loving my DOSD and would like to add an IMU to it. I am however a little confused with which / what IMUs I can use.

Will this one work?

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...mall-imu-10dof

Alternatively, what is available?
jiberjaber is offline Find More Posts by jiberjaber
Old Jan 10, 2012, 06:07 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,351 Posts
Currently the only IMU is the ArduIMU V2...which is no longer produced. That said, Dragon Labs is working an adapter board that will allow more IMUs to connect to and interact with the DOSD. I don't know when those will be available though.

On a similar/side note...Virgis21 and Webe have a FY-30 working with the DOSD via an Arduino Pro Mini board and some custom firmware. Take a look here for more info: http://www.forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic...238a73cf7ba2aa

Another option is find someone who's got an ArduImu V2 who doesn't really need it...like me....~$90 shipped to the UK.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:17 AM
NSW Australia
Joined Mar 2010
245 Posts
no pwm4 (throttle for me)

Just installed my DOSD+2 but I cannot get pwm4 to work. I have not done any menu changes, using a Futaba 7C. All other Tx inputs work. I have a FY30A...if I did get it to work would you plug it into it or straight off the Osd??
(side note: I did have the ppm plug back the front initially...opps)
Imagecatcher is offline Find More Posts by Imagecatcher
Old Jan 11, 2012, 04:22 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
413 Posts
Hey Vantastic
I thing that ROT and ROC limits are useless if you don't have IMU.

Am I right?

Thanks
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:32 AM
Joined Jul 2011
53 Posts
I heard a rumor that the DOSD+v2 can generate a AHI using only a 3D magnetometer (attitude compensating compass). No IMU. Is this correct?
a_marmot is offline Find More Posts by a_marmot
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:28 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp View Post
Hey Vantastic
I thing that ROT and ROC limits are useless if you don't have IMU.

Am I right?

Thanks
No, you are not right (nice way of saying WRONG). The step gains determine how aggressive these changes are...low gain and the response is mild, high gain and it'll be aggressive.

Where the IMU comes into play in maximum attitude changes. If limit the roll attitude to, say 30, and have an IMU, and the DOSD tries to roll to, say 45 degrees in an AP turn, the 30 degree limit comes into play and will limit the angle to 30.
RCG Plus Member