HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:42 PM
Joined Feb 2010
9 Posts
Discussion
where to find lowest priced foam warbird planes

I am looking particularly for the plane only, without any electrical components.

Id love to find a corsair twf4u really. Anyone know where I can get one for a good price?

THANKS
rick oshay is offline Find More Posts by rick oshay
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:23 AM
It's Too Windy
Tennessee
Joined Nov 2009
662 Posts
GWS may have a cheap Corsair.

Cheers,
Henry
DoubleH is offline Find More Posts by DoubleH
Last edited by DoubleH; Mar 19, 2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 04:06 PM
Prop Buster Extraordinaire
Seattle
Joined Aug 2009
1,201 Posts
MyAtomic has the GWS F4U - no power system for a good price - http://myatomic.com/catalog/viewsku?...4u_corsair_nps

I really like MyAtomic - good prices, great service, free shipping. They seem to really want your business. No affiliation other than happy customer.

A while ago, I bought the TW-748 F4U from Nitroplanes but they don't seem to have it anymore.
philba is offline Find More Posts by philba
Old Mar 17, 2010, 04:25 PM
Joined Aug 2007
709 Posts
NitroPlanes still lists several verisions of the TW-748 Corsair. However, they are currently out of stock on these models.

Here's a link:

http://www.nitroplanes.com/4chwaf4ucore.html
FMB42 is offline Find More Posts by FMB42
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:55 PM
Joined Feb 2010
9 Posts
nitro is like outta stock on everything except for 1 plane..... I dont know, it looks bad. If they do restock though that would be awesome..

JDS

THANKS DUUUUDES
Old Mar 19, 2010, 07:13 AM
San Antonio, TX.
Joined Feb 2009
643 Posts
I've been waiting for them to restock for about two months now, I keep checking this link daily. http://www.nitroplanes.com/warbirds3.html
malden86 is offline Find More Posts by malden86
Old Mar 19, 2010, 07:08 PM
United States, OH
Joined Dec 2006
207 Posts
Thunder Tiger has a foam corsair on sale for $50. I purchased the P-40, Didn't look too bad, but all I did was look at it in the box
Blue Jacket is offline Find More Posts by Blue Jacket
Old Mar 21, 2010, 07:22 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,249 Posts
Home Depo , go to the blue foam section , you will only be limited by your imagination and it will be build better then anything you can buy
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Mar 22, 2010, 06:03 AM
Joined Feb 2010
9 Posts
wait ldm can this blue foam work well for repairs of my corsair? I tried using what I thought was hard enough foam, but it seems too soft- not rigid enough.

Besides, how would I copy and trace the exact shapes of the corsair parts, it seems like too much trub.

Thanks anyways.
'
Old Mar 22, 2010, 06:05 AM
Joined Feb 2010
9 Posts
what are the main differences between gws and lanyu tw-748 corsairs, please?
Old Mar 22, 2010, 07:16 AM
Joined Aug 2007
709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick oshay View Post
what are the main differences between gws and lanyu tw-748 corsairs, please?

The GWS and Tw-748 Corsairs are pretty close in size. However, I'm not sure if control surfaces are similar in size.

IIRC, most of the GWS warbirds (including the Corsair) are made of EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) foam. However, some GWS models are available in EPP (Expanded Polypropylene).

The tw-748 Corsair is made of EPO (Expanded PolyOlefin) foam.

EPS foam is more or less the standard in the industry. Some of the advantages of EPS are low cost, lightweight, stiffness, and (in most cases) a superior (smooth) surface. The main disadvantage with EPS is that it is brittle (easy to break).

EPO is more resilient than EPS yet, weighs more. Another disadvantage is that surface quality, in many cases, is not as good as EPS.

EPP is tougher than EPO yet, it weighs even more (than EPO). Surface quality is about the same as EPO.

All three foam types require different gluing and painting techniques (glue and paint types, procedures, etc).
FMB42 is offline Find More Posts by FMB42
Old Mar 28, 2010, 05:59 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,249 Posts
you can look for the blue foam and pink, it works great with a good dremil tool
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm