HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2010, 08:30 PM
Physics hate's my ideas
USA, NY, Dunkirk
Joined May 2007
3,913 Posts
Discussion
An idea for a traveling 3D foamie and a general concept

So I was thinking, I do appreciate profiles for their ease in construction and versatility as well as performance but I'm still often a full fuse guy as well as the airfoil. So what if you built a full fuse (hollow inside) with foam, and then cut cores for the wing and the tail feather (yes a fully symmetrical stab).... Maybe this idea is already out there but it's sounding great to me.

The idea with the traveling part would be that the wings are in 2 halves, each has a built in servo and wires extending outside... then you could use two spars/tubes inside the wings which will slide into each other and a hole drilled through the middle (once the wings are joined) then you put a nylon screw there... well maybe that's too complex but yeah...

Any thoughts?
GreenAce92 is offline Find More Posts by GreenAce92
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2010, 07:39 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAce92 View Post
So I was thinking, I do appreciate profiles for their ease in construction and versatility as well as performance but I'm still often a full fuse guy as well as the airfoil. So what if you built a full fuse (hollow inside) with foam, and then cut cores for the wing and the tail feather (yes a fully symmetrical stab).... Maybe this idea is already out there but it's sounding great to me.

The idea with the traveling part would be that the wings are in 2 halves, each has a built in servo and wires extending outside... then you could use two spars/tubes inside the wings which will slide into each other and a hole drilled through the middle (once the wings are joined) then you put a nylon screw there... well maybe that's too complex but yeah...

Any thoughts?
Check out the Carbon Traveler at, www.acesim.com/rc/ctc/#Kit. It is pretty cool and might be what would work for you. Read the thread linked at the web sight. It is worth reading.Watch the vids. You can also download this for your real flight 3.5 sim if you have it, you can find it at Knife Edge forums.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy