HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:07 AM
Effumall
Joined Nov 2005
3,619 Posts
[QUOTE=sherlockshah;14642178]Would you believe me if I told you I was actually rich at one point. I LOST 3million dollars! Very long story but to put in short, the stock market ruined my life. I am going to upload a picture of my garage with my toys in them. This shot was taken few years back two dodge vipers, Porsche 911 turbo and Toyota supra. I went from a millionare to be in debt. I lost my house, my cars, my assets, everything! Took me 15 years to build and lost it in three years.

Why am I not surprised?
kelberts is offline Find More Posts by kelberts
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2010, 05:14 AM
Joined Feb 2006
2,405 Posts
I bought dsr 46 retracts

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_VTOL_mech View Post
Sherlockshah
Why don't you try a jet with retracts?
if you insist on foam the flyfly jets are great and are a nice change being large size.....they can also be handlaunched if kept light
crap if I had paypal I would send ya 20 bucks just to get ya flyin again
It will be my first set, I like those big foamies, but all my power system are 70mm, I would have to buy new motor and fan, thats going to be easy $150 right off the bat, unless I can trade my power systems for 90mm, which I doubt anyone is going to do.
sherlockshah is offline Find More Posts by sherlockshah
Old Mar 20, 2010, 06:32 AM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,933 Posts
Tennessee is known for it's hills
Boogie_ is online now Find More Posts by Boogie_
Old Mar 20, 2010, 06:39 AM
My project: FAIREY DELTA 1
Uden Volkel, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
4,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlockshah View Post
It will be my first set, I like those big foamies, but all my power system are 70mm, I would have to buy new motor and fan, thats going to be easy $150 right off the bat, unless I can trade my power systems for 90mm, which I doubt anyone is going to do.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=48
I told you so... now it is too late.
Erik v. Schaik is offline Find More Posts by Erik v. Schaik
Old Mar 20, 2010, 06:54 AM
United Kingdom, England, Cobham
Joined Oct 2007
556 Posts
Let me guess - you used one of these?

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s..._(DE_Warehouse)

Not a good idea for a JS1400. If you look in the battery/charger forum you will see much disappointment with these packs. You cannot trust the "40C" rating. It will not hold up volts and even if it did it would give you less than 2 mins at WOT. Do you have a wattmeter? A good 4S pack will deliver around 1200W, which could help get you out of a stall/bad launch scenario, unless you have a real porker, of course.

But I agree with all the other contributors - use a bungee or get someone else to launch for you. Otherwise it's more of this >
Jacques.Eloff is offline Find More Posts by Jacques.Eloff
Old Mar 20, 2010, 09:34 AM
Joined Feb 2006
2,405 Posts
No the pack has some power its the blue one from

Hobbypartz.com , I just think the high wing loading, the weight and all and the way I tossed it at a bad angle caused it. IT was very very heavy. I have not had a response from jack yet, he told me he would send me a used fuse, all the other parts I have are good, just the fuse is messed up. Another Idea I had was I can use the elevons the wings and the fiberglass tail and put it into the Phase 3 F-16, they seem to be the same specs, the wings the elevons and the tail. What do you guys think about that?? Foam fuse with balsa wings and balsa elevons and fiberglass tail
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:50 AM
Uden Volkel, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
4,976 Posts
Sell it.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:03 AM
Joined Feb 2006
2,405 Posts
who is going to buy a broken fuse on this jet now?

I like my idea if you guys think it will work. Keep the wings, the tail, and the elevons and transfer to the foam Phase 3 f-16 body
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:04 AM
Uden Volkel, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
4,976 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=97
Old Mar 20, 2010, 02:45 PM
Joined Feb 2006
2,405 Posts
Erick

want to donate?? YOur currency is worth more than ours
Old Mar 20, 2010, 04:39 PM
Uden Volkel, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2003
4,976 Posts
I'm sorry, I don't deal with blacklisted parts.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 05:12 PM
Carbon fiber is our friend
United States, CA, Lodi
Joined Feb 2001
4,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlockshah View Post
you guys paint these jets so good??
There's no subsitute for time when it comes to good paint jobs. It's all in the prep and that's where most of the time is spent. Every time I've ever rushed any part, I've regretted it. There's a good F-100 thread where you can see much of the process to a great finish. BTW, you can tell it's awesome and it's not even done yet!

You said you wanted a 100" foam airplane. Seriously, I'd get a Multiplex Cularis (or check Graupner for something) if I was you. I know you want a jet, but don't think for a second that there isn't much to be learned from flying sailplanes. I learned most of what I know from sailplane building/flying and I think I was extremely lucky to have some great people point me in the right direction along the way. It's not the only way to learn, but it's a great one!

I think you'll find that the foamie sailplanes are built really well and look like they go together fast. They have thin trailing edges and carbon reinforcements that make them perform well.

Steve C
Steve C is offline Find More Posts by Steve C
Old Mar 20, 2010, 07:53 PM
Joined Feb 2006
2,405 Posts
thanks for the advice. As of now really do not have

any money , Going to have to wait until I get a job, or win a huge lottery If I win the lottery I promise to buy everyone I talk to here something nice
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:55 AM
hotrod builder
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2007
1,156 Posts
sherlock
I have a plane I could send you...
it's not a jet but it is foam and it's a pylon racer
it's a Graupner 450 MM wingspan nemisis...New in Box
the power systems and lipos are cheap for these little planes and I was actually amazed at how fast they can fly
let me know
usmc_VTOL_mech is offline Find More Posts by usmc_VTOL_mech
Old Mar 21, 2010, 01:14 AM
Suspended Account
Mokena,Illinois -United States
Joined Oct 2006
5,826 Posts
Now that is a deal!!! Nice plane and quick. I'd take him up on it for sure!!! Everyone here has given you the tools nescessary to be successful. Its up to you to do the right thing. Id get a really good flight sim while your at it. It helps tune your abilities greatly.
lavochkin is offline Find More Posts by lavochkin