SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:01 PM
Joined Feb 2006
2,405 Posts
wow its working!!! I would like to thank jzuniga

For his donation into my NEW jet Fiberglass project. He just paypal me some cash . I have two donations now!!!! Wonder if I can get enough to get another jet.
sherlockshah is offline Find More Posts by sherlockshah
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:21 PM
Joined Feb 2006
2,405 Posts
PETE I might be moving, will find out on monday

My wife might have an offer for a manager position at sams club in Memphis TN. ITs about 9 hour drive from chicago. I really do not want to go, but since I do not have a job, and the government along with the county here are going broke, the chance of me getting a job any time soon aint going to happen. SHe will make double her current wage per hour over there. I am hoping that if she gets this job I can land one in the justice field over there. I lived in chicago all my life, it would be a big move to go to a small town over there.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:26 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
Sherlock I didthr opposite, I moved from a small town in Michigan to Chicago for my job. I want to go back to the small town! Memphis isn't a small town by any means, but I would love to be offered a job there.
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:44 PM
Joined Feb 2006
2,405 Posts
well the suburb that the job will be in is about 40min

from memphis. I was talking to robert today and he told me hobby-lobby is based out of there. I am sure there is a field there. If this happens I will post a thread to see if there are people from here that live near that town. I think its called Convington.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:53 PM
"Jesters" KC-135 Demo Team
United States, MI, Ypsilanti
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
For whats its worth, Hobby people has the Phase 3 F-16 for $39 (W/O electronics) and I finally broke down and bought it. I put an old 64mm 5 blade fan, a cheap'o Chinese 3600Kv motor, Turnigy 25A ESC and a 2200 Mah 4S battery. For less than $45 I have a very nice flying F-16 that floats out of my hand, tears up the sky between 70-90 mph and will still fly on 3 cells when I run out of 4's. Maybe you should look into one of them. I am happy and it is so much easier to fly than my bungee launched T-33... Just my .02
kc135boomer is offline Find More Posts by kc135boomer
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:03 PM
United States, WA, Gig Harbor
Joined Oct 2004
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlockshah View Post
My wife might have an offer for a manager position at sams club in Memphis TN. ITs about 9 hour drive from chicago. I really do not want to go, but since I do not have a job, and the government along with the county here are going broke, the chance of me getting a job any time soon aint going to happen. SHe will make double her current wage per hour over there. I am hoping that if she gets this job I can land one in the justice field over there. I lived in chicago all my life, it would be a big move to go to a small town over there.
Sherlock,
First off, your welcome on the donation... good luck with that. Second, Although I've never lived in Memphis, I can tell you it's waaay cheaper than Chicago. That aside, Chicago is a wonderful city and one of my favorites, but here goes. The RC scene in and around Memphis, is great! A few good shops but several great fields! The guys down there fly everything, heli's, EDF's, scale, jets, etc... Also, the food is good too. I know there is a great field that a lot of the FedEx guys fly at out in Bartlett; about a 1/2hr NE of town. I have hung out in Memphis lots... I work for FedEx. If you move down there you can almost fly year round. In your case being from Chicago, you probably would certainly fly yr round... good luck
Z
jzuniga is offline Find More Posts by jzuniga
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:06 PM
Joined Feb 2006
2,405 Posts
You must of not seen that crash of mine here comes more entertainment watch video

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc135boomer View Post
For whats its worth, Hobby people has the Phase 3 F-16 for $39 (W/O electronics) and I finally broke down and bought it. I put an old 64mm 5 blade fan, a cheap'o Chinese 3600Kv motor, Turnigy 25A ESC and a 2200 Mah 4S battery. For less than $45 I have a very nice flying F-16 that floats out of my hand, tears up the sky between 70-90 mph and will still fly on 3 cells when I run out of 4's. Maybe you should look into one of them. I am happy and it is so much easier to fly than my bungee launched T-33... Just my .02
Phase 3 F-16 crash 4s 900watts (0 min 45 sec)
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:15 PM
"Jesters" KC-135 Demo Team
United States, MI, Ypsilanti
Joined Sep 2005
1,656 Posts
Ah, ya got me there. Must have missed that one lol
kc135boomer is offline Find More Posts by kc135boomer
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:17 PM
Team White Llama!
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
I told him to reinforce that tail!
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:24 PM
Joined Feb 2006
2,405 Posts
jzuniga

Would you believe me if I told you I was actually rich at one point. I LOST 3million dollars! Very long story but to put in short, the stock market ruined my life. I am going to upload a picture of my garage with my toys in them. This shot was taken few years back two dodge vipers, Porsche 911 turbo and Toyota supra. I went from a millionare to be in debt. I lost my house, my cars, my assets, everything! Took me 15 years to build and lost it in three years.

I started to fly when I had money, but I just started so at that time I spent so much money and my personality of not giving up and the EGO of wanting to do it myself, made the hobby shops money

But spending 5k at that point was nothing. LIFE has changed big big time. I have a great wife though, I been with her for 9 years, she was there in the good times and now she is here in the worst of times. She is a teacher by profession but is working at sams club in the optical, I have a degree in justice studies and am trying to get a government job, but that is not working out. I use to have a car dealership that dealt with highline cars. When the housing market crashed so did my biz.

Your donation may come back in a bigger way someday, I know I can be a millionare again, and at that time I will not forget the ones that showed interest in me even if they got a laugh out it. I am sharing this to you now because you were the first one to give me something with out wanting nothing in return, but for me to Fly a fiberglass plane
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:28 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,166 Posts
maybe obama will do you a bail out package ...cant hurt to ask ...man that sucks sorry to hear that . tuff time for sure.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:29 PM
Joined Feb 2006
2,405 Posts
okay someone show me the secret how the hell

you guys paint these jets so good?? is there step by step instruction clip made by someone to do these awesome paint jobs/?? Is there some kind of premade decal that you put on than just paint over it? how do you guys do it, those three foam jets look awesome!
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:34 PM
Joined Feb 2006
2,405 Posts
air sally

for real LOL< he is from my state , NO I do not care anymore, I have had so much stress in my life trying to become big time, I do not even care anymore, I just want stability now, I would be happy making 45k 50k a year now, even though I use to make that in a month before. I want life to be simple and if my wife gets this job there in TN, and I get a job in adult or juvenile probation, I WOULD BE HAPPY GUY>. Have some kids with the wife, play my music, build and fly planes. OH yea and dont forget to shoot POOL! I am a pro billiard player just wanted to share that .

Have life on cruise control and call it a day. No more chasing big dreams. IT is the worst to have it all then have it gone.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 11:44 PM
United States, WA, Gig Harbor
Joined Oct 2004
189 Posts
Great story Sherlock... you outta write a book!;-)
I try to live life very simply... all I need is my RC's, My Harley, and my wife... not always in that order...hehe;-)... I've been blessed though, I live my dream everyday... enjoy yours
Z
jzuniga is offline Find More Posts by jzuniga
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:01 AM
hotrod builder
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Jun 2007
1,156 Posts
Sherlockshah
Why don't you try a jet with retracts?
if you insist on foam the flyfly jets are great and are a nice change being large size.....they can also be handlaunched if kept light
crap if I had paypal I would send ya 20 bucks just to get ya flyin again
usmc_VTOL_mech is offline Find More Posts by usmc_VTOL_mech