SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:13 AM
It wasn't me...
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Joined Nov 2000
4,570 Posts
If you're going to continue to ignore the good advice you're being given, the least you could do is to continue to videotape your attempts so we can all be entertained a la America's Funniest Home Videos.
DanSavage is offline Find More Posts by DanSavage
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2010, 12:44 PM
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,281 Posts
Man we have had this conversation sooooo many times, if you want to hand launch go foam! Yes you can hand launch composite jets but its got to be just the right set up.
bri6672 is offline Find More Posts by bri6672
Old Mar 17, 2010, 01:46 PM
Carbon fiber is our friend
United States, CA, Lodi
Joined Feb 2001
4,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelberts View Post
remember, 100 MPH in a 1:16 model is the equivalent of 1600 MPH full size.
Not really. Air and gravity haven't changed, so the model has to fly faster to act scale.

Imagine the F-18 I saw go around the pylons at Reno. It was going something like 675 mph and had to maintain about 80 degrees of bank angle in order to stay on course. Fly your 1/16 model at 42 mph and see how long it stays in the air at an 80 degree bank angle. Speeds don't scale like that.

Steve C
Steve C is online now Find More Posts by Steve C
Old Mar 17, 2010, 02:38 PM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie_ View Post
Hey!!
That's my line.

Yes, I shamelessly stole it. Also laughing hysterically to myself as I wrote it. I kinda feel guilty ragging on Mr. sherlockshah all the time. Say what you will, I admire the guys persistance
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Mar 17, 2010, 02:46 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
5,728 Posts
Persistence??? ...it's insanity!!!!!!!!!!!
shhhhh! is offline Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Old Mar 17, 2010, 05:47 PM
Joined Feb 2006
2,405 Posts
NO More for me guys. I did however order an F-35 today :)

SOrry no more crashes hopefully to share. THe last f-35 went up in flames if guys remember. I think IM sticking to foam, You guys have to understand there are no runways at the field and if I put a landing gear on it to run in that grass it would have to be huge which will slow me down. The planes have to be either bungee or hand launch and you guys know how I do not like the bungee gig. I will post the video of that crash with the F-16, and I tried from a hill an hour ago that did not work either , so no more heavy planes for me.

Also, have a question. IF I run the JS1400 on 4s but two packs together to get 5300mah 40c is that too much weight for the plane? I know one pack will only run minute and half.
sherlockshah is online now Find More Posts by sherlockshah
Old Mar 17, 2010, 05:52 PM
Joined Feb 2006
2,405 Posts
check out the second page of this thread FIRE :(

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...der+f35&page=2
Old Mar 17, 2010, 07:26 PM
Effumall
Joined Nov 2005
3,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
Not really. Air and gravity haven't changed, so the model has to fly faster to act scale.

Imagine the F-18 I saw go around the pylons at Reno. It was going something like 675 mph and had to maintain about 80 degrees of bank angle in order to stay on course. Fly your 1/16 model at 42 mph and see how long it stays in the air at an 80 degree bank angle. Speeds don't scale like that.

Steve C
Yeah, but I'm strictly talking about "number of fuselage lengths per unit time, straight and level", as in a high speed pass - And hey, I'm trying to give him a reason to slow down an enjoy the ride.
kelberts is offline Find More Posts by kelberts
Old Mar 17, 2010, 07:28 PM
Effumall
Joined Nov 2005
3,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlockshah View Post
SOrry no more crashes hopefully to share. THe last f-35 went up in flames if guys remember. I think IM sticking to foam, You guys have to understand there are no runways at the field and if I put a landing gear on it to run in that grass it would have to be huge which will slow me down. The planes have to be either bungee or hand launch and you guys know how I do not like the bungee gig. I will post the video of that crash with the F-16, and I tried from a hill an hour ago that did not work either , so no more heavy planes for me.

Also, have a question. IF I run the JS1400 on 4s but two packs together to get 5300mah 40c is that too much weight for the plane? I know one pack will only run minute and half.
The JS1400 is a powerhouse, but an amp-hog. I'd sell it, as it does not fit your requirements.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 07:29 PM
Effumall
Joined Nov 2005
3,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhhhh! View Post
Persistence??? ...it's insanity!!!!!!!!!!!
One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 07:32 PM
Joined Feb 2006
2,405 Posts
Yea I figured Gundamnit pete was right he told me to go

with the ARC motor instead, but I spent so much time with Robert I did not want to cancel the deal for $60bucks.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 07:33 PM
Joined Feb 2006
2,405 Posts
True but thats only two planes that went down :)

THe hET 104 and this one, I am hoping Jack will send me just the fuse and I will make some kind of dolly for it.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 08:49 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,141 Posts
you lost those planes because you threw them ....every one of those should have been bungee launched...you ask for help but were told by many what to do ...and you did'nt listen ...a JS 1400 on a 2650 is not good to start with ,i told you you need a 5000 batt to feed that motor to get good power
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Mar 17, 2010, 08:59 PM
Watt me worry?
Florida
Joined Mar 2006
4,079 Posts
sherlockshah must not read or understand english......

sherlockshah why don't you find a build thread concerning a plane you would like to fly..........(beginner type) then do what the fliers are doing to get it in the air......otherwise you are wearing out your welcome here. I would be the first to point you in the right direction and this is what the guys are doing on this thread(unlike some other type of flying)....but there is a point when they will ignor you.
Madmax1965 is online now Find More Posts by Madmax1965
Old Mar 17, 2010, 09:01 PM
Joined Feb 2006
2,405 Posts
hey, if i put the two batts together I wll get 5300mah 40c

you think that is too much weight for the F-35 windrider to handle? So system would be js1400 on 4s 5300mah 40c?