HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:51 PM
Paul Z
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Jul 2006
1 Posts
Gallery
Dumas 1938 Triple Cockpit Chris-Craft Barrel Back Runabout.

In addition to the (49.5" long) Dumas Dauntless and their (31" long) 41' US Coast Guard Utility Boat, I have completed SIX of Dumas' Barrel Back models, including THREE of the subject matter; 40.5" long 1938 triple-cockpit. I usually run two boats at the same time off of one transmitter, but don't let that lead you to believe that they don't run much faster than scale speed!

My latest project includes
A) fully planked deck & sideboards
B) zero (0) stealers
B) lighted dashboard gauges, front cockpit gear lever on/off switch, dashboard switches for lights and horn with pushbutton on the helm.
C) all three cockpit floors, the engine compartment and transom's trap door are ALL REMOVABLE.
D) hand made navigation/bow light, pivoting search light and flagstaff globe that not only light up, but are operated from dashboard switches
E) hand made voltage regulator - boat operates off of ONE 14.4V NIMH waterproofed hand made battery pack
F) custom hand formed cutwater 8 times thicker than "kit supplied" paper
G) REAL glass windshields
H) MACK Marine Marauder Motor with reversable AstroFlight speed control gives the speed controlled cooling fan with custom designed air-duct system and motor/speed control mounted heat sinks.
pfezj is offline Find More Posts by pfezj
Last edited by pfezj; Oct 16, 2010 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Add Video
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2010, 11:27 PM
United States, CA, Milpitas
Joined Jul 2008
884 Posts
Wow great info there. That cockpit lighting is really cool- you give me something to aspire too.
Habanero is offline Find More Posts by Habanero
Old Mar 16, 2010, 12:07 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,601 Posts
Paul,

I took a look at your videos. Your 38' Triple Cockpit build is mind boggling. The engineering you did for all the electrical and lighting, floors, seats with spring loaded mechanisms, horn button, gear shift on/off switch etc......... well it is just magnificent! And the fit and finish of the boat itself is top class. What an awesome boat!

Thanks for posting and showing us your stuff.
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot