Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 15, 2010, 09:38 PM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2010
19 Posts
Discussion
slash vs e-revo vs e-maxx

someone help me? i'm very very stuck here. I like the benefits of all.

quick question is.. is there a difference between the brushless monsters and their equivalents besides the motor? if so is it worth the huge price difference?

what are the perks of each of the above trucks, and their downfalls? opinions are totally welcome!

I like all 3, wish i could get them all. I currently have 2 nitro t-maxx' i am getting rid of. I got a rustler vxl (3s setup) and will not be going back to nitro, my vxl is sick, easy and tons of fun!

Thanks in advance!
carrmann is offline Find More Posts by carrmann
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2010, 09:06 AM
Happiness is a belt fed weapon
Ventura, CA
Joined Oct 2009
1,279 Posts
Just depends on what you plan to do with it. If you're going to ba at the track most of the time, the Slash is your best bet. If you want to beat the living hell out of it, then the T-maxx. If you want to go even faster and beat the living hell out of it, go for the Revo.
Cleared2Engage is offline Find More Posts by Cleared2Engage
Old Mar 16, 2010, 05:45 PM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2010
19 Posts
revo it is then i guess. im pretty abusive lol
Old Mar 16, 2010, 06:45 PM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2010
19 Posts
whats the diff between the e-revo and the brushless e-revo? other than the motor of course. are they worth the $$$ diff, or should i just get a e-revo and upgrade to brushless later?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:32 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
depends. do you want to go fast now or later.
jettrooper02 is offline Find More Posts by jettrooper02
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:44 PM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2010
19 Posts
i'd rather go fast now... but 700 vs 400 is a big difference lol.

other than the brushless setup, is there a difference, and is it worth 300 bucks?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 09:01 PM
I feel the need for speed!
Southern U.S.
Joined Jun 2008
7,086 Posts
Look em up online for the specs and components.........i'm gonna guess that the ERBE has a stronger driveline............and BTW its WAAAAAY faster.
scorpion1 is offline Find More Posts by scorpion1
Old Mar 18, 2010, 05:18 PM
Wanna be rc technician
burnsville, mn
Joined Aug 2009
108 Posts
The standard erevo is water proof, the brushless edition is not. A water proof true k would have been nice to have on more than one occasion but the ERBE is even better. I'm getting a summit for the waterproof factor.
ERBE-ast is offline Find More Posts by ERBE-ast
Old Mar 19, 2010, 05:30 AM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2010
19 Posts
bah... i want all of em. quite the decision lol. lookin at the mini erevo vxl as well.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 02:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2010
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrmann View Post
i'd rather go fast now... but 700 vs 400 is a big difference lol.

other than the brushless setup, is there a difference, and is it worth 300 bucks?

1) brushless set-ups ain't cheap, you should know that already

2) reminds me of the old racing expression, "speed is all relative to how many cubic-dollars you're willing to spend."

3) ultimately it comes down to you and you alone. every time I see someone getting advice from people online, people that they don't know personally, people that have no stake in what they're doing or interested in, aren't in this hobby very long. go with your own gut feeling, it's the only thing that counts.
mini-Rob is offline Find More Posts by mini-Rob
Old Mar 19, 2010, 08:45 PM
Navarre, FL
Joined Mar 2010
19 Posts
dangit. why u gotta use common sense with me!!! haha.

i was a hardcore racer until i got married. now this is all i got, had to fight with her for this... told her it was way cheaper than me building up another Mopar lmfao. she decided to allow me to play though finally! lmao
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2010
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrmann View Post
dangit. why u gotta use common sense with me!!! haha.

i was a hardcore racer until i got married. now this is all i got, had to fight with her for this... told her it was way cheaper than me building up another Mopar lmfao. she decided to allow me to play though finally! lmao

LOL - my wifey, gotta luv her, oftentimes reminds me to go racing and asking if I need anything from the hobbyshop. her rationale is that my getting out racing keeps me sane, and it's a lot better than some hobbies her ex- had (like drinking and going to nudie bars).
mini-Rob is offline Find More Posts by mini-Rob
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:03 PM
Spoooooon!
San Fernando Valley, California, United States
Joined May 2003
3,786 Posts
I used to race as well. It was the most fun I ever had in any hobby. I found that even the coolest bashing cars get really boring just running around the yard by yourself. Going from racing to bashing just didn't work. Thats just me though. I hope same doesn't happen to you after spending all this money.

I fly planes now. Not as fun as racing rc cars, but much more fun than running a fast revo up and down the street.
TheTick is offline Find More Posts by TheTick
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Energic
Old Mar 24, 2010, 03:56 PM
Greece
Joined Nov 2009
443 Posts
e-revo
AL3xGR is offline Find More Posts by AL3xGR
Old Mar 24, 2010, 06:51 PM
God Is Good!
Enumclaw, WA
Joined Oct 2007
532 Posts
The Slash 4x4 is waterproof, brushless, 2.4ghz & comes with a battery. And it's $364 from Tower Hobbies (+ 8.00 shipping if your not a club member)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...EeTn97Fa57slrQ
DX6channel is offline Find More Posts by DX6channel