SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by ender707, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 02:30 AM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Mopars on board!

I like your style, Bullseye and Sky Blue sounds like winner.
ender707 is offline Find More Posts by ender707
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:30 AM
geek.
Joined Jul 2006
152 Posts
ender-

You've got a box of goodies heading your way today. 3 servos, a bottle of spare parts including a couple servo gear sets, a stock motor with a bent shaft (don't mind the screeching noise, that's just the worn-out bearings), ESC, a nose cone, new motor mount, and most importantly, a couple of customrcparts.com stickers to help the Stryker go faster.

Oh, and an APC 6x4 prop, just in case. It would suck if you ran out of props before the shotguns came out.

Enjoy!
kittman is offline Find More Posts by kittman
Old Mar 19, 2010, 01:45 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittman View Post
ender-

You've got a box of goodies heading your way today. 3 servos, a bottle of spare parts including a couple servo gear sets, a stock motor with a bent shaft (don't mind the screeching noise, that's just the worn-out bearings), ESC, a nose cone, new motor mount, and most importantly, a couple of customrcparts.com stickers to help the Stryker go faster.

Oh, and an APC 6x4 prop, just in case. It would suck if you ran out of props before the shotguns came out.

Enjoy!
What's in the pill bottle? Is that to numb yourself before the flight?
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Mar 19, 2010, 02:03 AM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Kittman,

Your support for my shenanigans is unprecedented!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittman View Post
ender-

Enjoy!
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:06 PM
Renton, WA
Joined May 2009
98 Posts
Awesome!!! I can't wait to see the video!
customrcparts is offline Find More Posts by customrcparts
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:34 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Kittman,

I got the box today!

I am confident that with these spares I can get AT LEAST 2 Shootdowns, Maybe more!

Thanks
Old Mar 21, 2010, 04:31 PM
geek.
Joined Jul 2006
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender707 View Post
Kittman,

I got the box today!

I am confident that with these spares I can get AT LEAST 2 Shootdowns, Maybe more!

Thanks
Awesome! Glad it got there intact. Lots of spares for sure. FYI, the one servo with "stripped" written on it is questionable. Hook it up and I think you'll see what I mean. It's usable; I flew with it about 6 times before replacing it. It may be perfect for your needs without using one of those extra gear sets.

Enjoy!

kittman is offline Find More Posts by kittman
Old Apr 02, 2010, 09:11 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
The final piece

Well, I got the final pieces for the doomed Stryker in the mail today; A pair of Blue-Arrow V-tail mixers for 8 bucks a pop from BPHobbies.com

I have never used these before, but they were half the price of the GWS V-Tail that I used on a Stryker "B" version years ago.

Now I have 2 of every piece of gear that the bird will need, which should make for goooood times.

Once California gets its weather situation together I am going to get some videos of the test flights!
Old Apr 02, 2010, 11:33 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Ok Update:

These V-Tail mixers may be defective, or are meant for much smaller servos. They do "Mix" the aileron and elevator correctly, but the servos "Fall" slowly back to center on their own after the initial stick input, and the servos do not hold their position against the slightest pressure. May have to get the GWS units after all.

I wish I could find the one I used to use, but I have a feeling i tossed it joyfully in to the trash right before I installed my Spektrum system in to my Stryker...
Old Apr 04, 2010, 08:39 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,777 Posts
Quote:
Ok Update:

These V-Tail mixers may be defective, or are meant for much smaller servos. They do "Mix" the aileron and elevator correctly, but the servos "Fall" slowly back to center on their own after the initial stick input, and the servos do not hold their position against the slightest pressure. May have to get the GWS units after all.

I wish I could find the one I used to use, but I have a feeling i tossed it joyfully in to the trash right before I installed my Spektrum system in to my Stryker...
I'm confused, if you are using spektrum gear why do you need a tail mix?
Old Apr 04, 2010, 11:50 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
I'm confused, if you are using spektrum gear why do you need a tail mix?
I used to use a 4 Channel Tower Hobbies radio and Futaba RX that came with a trainer I got years and years ago. This required a v-tail mixer. I have since gotten a Spektrum Dx6i and a few Spektrum RXs, but will not be shooting those out of the sky. I am using my old gear for this bird, not a $50 Spektrum RX!!!
Old Apr 05, 2010, 11:00 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,777 Posts
Quote:
I used to use a 4 Channel Tower Hobbies radio and Futaba RX that came with a trainer I got years and years ago. This required a v-tail mixer. I have since gotten a Spektrum Dx6i and a few Spektrum RXs, but will not be shooting those out of the sky. I am using my old gear for this bird, not a $50 Spektrum RX!!!
Gotcha, justified.
Old Apr 06, 2010, 04:56 PM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Picked up GWS V-Tail unit from LHS for $15, fuctions flawlessly. Shame about the "Blue Arrow" units being junk, I will be sending them back after I make a short video of their Bad Behavior.

Test flights next week! Its wierd looking at the setup and realizing that this used to be my "Good" setup a few years back. Oh well, cant wait to see it go down in flames...
Old Apr 18, 2010, 01:23 AM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Well, I picked up the new Sony "Bloggie" Flip-cam because of its unique Rotating Lens feature. I have a nice Sony CX-100 HD Camcorder, but usually dont have anyone to film me flying, so the "Bloggie" was perfect for strapping to a hat and filming myself, in HD! The unit costs a pricey $169.99, but it only weights 4.5 ounces, and I can use it on a hat and am going to try strapping it to the 450 and Stryker in the future for some on-board HD video.

Here are test flights 1 and 2!

Stryker Hunt Test Flight 1 (4 min 19 sec)

Stryker Hunt Test Flight 2 (4 min 49 sec)
Old Jun 01, 2010, 02:30 AM
Sacramento, CA
Joined May 2009
718 Posts
Sorry to report that there is going to be a delay in killing this Stryker.

Something has happened on my Wife's side of the family, I dont know the relative, but the trip is being postponed.

This bird will get shot out of the sky soon though, and the video is still forthcoming.