HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:55 AM
VAPORIZED
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2010
1,266 Posts
Well if you saw the so called brushes in these motors,it was a miricale it worked for a few times,and my battery is perfect never ran for more than five mins,and always recharged after use,after waiting twenty mins.And my battery works in my friends s032 no problems.
pappy1 is offline Find More Posts by pappy1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2010, 02:23 PM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
So32 battery "problem":
I submit that the S032 weighs too much to run it at all in low power: if it's run until it won't lift, even once, that battery is kaput.

I really think these are being killed by users.
Well I replaced the suspect stock battery using one which I know was perfect.. and I still had the same 'barely able to lift off' problem, so I can definitely rule out the battery.

Both motors ran at the same speed - low power - so either both were failing equally at the same time (is that likely?) OR it wasn't a motor fault at all.

What's left? Communication problem between the Tx and the heli, not giving it full throttle range. I still suspect this.
Redbaron25 is offline Find More Posts by Redbaron25
Old Jul 14, 2010, 02:30 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,473 Posts
Quote:
Well I replaced the suspect stock battery using one which I know was perfect.. and I still had the same 'barely able to lift off' problem, so I can definitely rule out the battery.

Both motors ran at the same speed - low power - so either both were failing equally at the same time (is that likely?) OR it wasn't a motor fault at all.

What's left? Communication problem between the Tx and the heli, not giving it full throttle range. I still suspect this.
when i purchased my heli yesterday i used rechargeable batteries they were energizers i called the shop asking why the helicopter would only lift 6 inches off the ground with a full charged battery the sales person told me rechargeable batteries are only 1.2v per battery where as standard non rechargeable batteries are 1.5v i replaced the batteries with non rechargeable than recharged the helicopter and it flew wonderful maybe this is the problem your having?
gazza2003au is offline Find More Posts by gazza2003au
Old Jul 14, 2010, 03:01 PM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
I see your point and I know about the lower voltage of rechargeables but I was using non-rechargeables, so I was getting the full voltage. It flew great on the same batteries then next flight...no power. Most strange!!
Redbaron25 is offline Find More Posts by Redbaron25
Old Jul 14, 2010, 04:00 PM
UK
Joined Jun 2010
51 Posts
Thats a strange thing about the rechargable batteries...unless the tx is using alot of power on ur first flight and when u tried flying the 2nd time, there batteries have little power left?..have u tried a fresh new set of battieries in urs redbaron?
Potnoodleman is offline Find More Posts by Potnoodleman
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:03 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
The S032's onboard cell is too much for Tx batteries to HOPE to charge 3 times, period.
The S032 comes with a fairly good sized battery, approximately three S107 cells in mass.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:09 PM
Australia, NSW, Wetherill Park
Joined Jun 2010
133 Posts
Folks,
By now we can say that the S032 is a lemon (expensive lemon mind you!) as we all know from the many instances of chopper not lifting more than a few cm from the ground in this RC group, also how many more people that bought it in e-bay or a china site and could not do anything but just bin it!!
I just like to summarise what I have done on mine so the replament items can be discarded as faulty:
1 Chopper never has a crash - chopper work for a full day with no problem.
2 Chopper stop working due to a burn out motor (this was diagnostic by changing the motor connectors on the PCB). User created? YES maybe too long flyes)
3 Two new A and B motors replaced but no good.
4 One new battery replaced -still not good ( BTW the batteries has now been checked with another S032 and they work perfect on this one, so not a battery problem).
Items that could be causing the problems:
1 PCB (Difficult to buy as they are different frecuency (My faulty one use 40 MHZ. my good one use 27MHZ).
2 Radio Transmiter (Maybe the throtle does not work propertly (I will disasemble mine today and see if I can found something and let you all know).
Finally, I have to say that to repair my faulty one is a matter of pride, every remote control afficionado probably think the same as me so lets all work together to find a solution to the problem and then share it and we may even let syma know so they can do something about.
Regards,
Aysen1 is offline Find More Posts by Aysen1
Old Jul 14, 2010, 09:36 PM
VAPORIZED
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2010
1,266 Posts
Ok my motors have arrived,will update once i could be bothered installing them,my faulty motor had s009 stamped on them with the date of 10-02 other number was covered with solder,the motors i have recieved have s009 aswell but a different date one of them, has 10-4 other has 9-10.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:22 PM
Joined Jun 2010
133 Posts
Me again,
I open the trasnmitter and it has 3 round potentiomers (similar to the one used on the old analoge radios.
One of this potentiometer is used for the throtle.
I didn't want to open it as I have to asume that its OK. (By holding the chopper in my hand I can throtle up an I can see the speed of the propellers increasing so I asume the transmiter throtle its doing it job!
Back to square one now!!
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:39 PM
UK
Joined Jun 2010
51 Posts
have any of u used fresh new batteries in the Tx? preferably non recharge ones? ..cus the point 'gazza2003au' made is a bit odd that it worked for him..maybe the Tx is picky and needs alot of power
Potnoodleman is offline Find More Posts by Potnoodleman
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:22 PM
VAPORIZED
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2010
1,266 Posts
What's that in the sky?it;s a bird it's a plane?

No it's my s032 flying again,it was just a bad motor
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:35 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,473 Posts
the batteries im using in my transmitter are just a cheap australian supermarket brand i got around 4 recharges before the helicopter wouldnt go above 6 inches from the ground again all 4 flights it flew wonderful enough power to rise to the roof so i will need to change batteries again as my model didnt come with a USB charger
i reckon go out and buy top of the range non rechargeable batteries before u guys toss the model your talking about in the bin its worth a shot!

EDIT: if you have a S032 and a smaller helicopter see if the smaller helicopters charger fits the S032 u may need a 2 packs of healthy batteries to charge the 450mah battery in the S032
Last edited by gazza2003au; Jul 15, 2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:41 AM
VAPORIZED
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2010
1,266 Posts
I charge my heli up with the wall plug charger that was supplied with it.cant charge through the transmitter,can you?charge time is 32mins. I use rechargables eneloops, no problems.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 01:05 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,473 Posts
with the smaller helicopter i have the shark model if im using average batteries or my rechargeable energizer batteries and charging from the transmitter the transmitter charging light will go out meaning a full charged helicopter battery but when i go to fly it the battery is flat meaning the charger in my case the transmitter doesnt pick up voltage from the helicopter battery i think the larger model S032 could be having the same issue
Old Jul 15, 2010, 02:19 AM
Joined Jun 2010
133 Posts
Well, I just come back from Big W with a pack of Gold Duracell and installed 4 in my tx. Try again but still the same lift 3 to 4 inch of the ground!!