HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2011, 09:46 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar22 View Post
Where do you find an APC-E 7x10 electric prop, I can only find the Sport APC 7X10 which is a nitro prop.
You'll find it in his "all knowing never wrong" mind.

In reality it doesnt exist as an "E" prop.
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2011, 12:25 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar22 View Post
Where do you find an APC-E 7x10 electric prop, I can only find the Sport APC 7X10 which is a nitro prop.
I wrote "supposedly", as I have only quoted this data from here:

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...=1#post1795487

This is obviously a "typo" as the APC 7x10" is only available as Sport prop.

I had already posted about this here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=13739

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Last edited by Jurgen Heilig; Jan 04, 2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 03:24 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
#2. It was without any batteries
#3. You forgot to add hot glue, CF, capacitor, mechanical hardware, hinges, gorilla glue, servos, magnets, extensions, receiver, heatsink, 5mm prop adapter, BIG ESC, 6.5mm bullets, etc .....
#4. The batteries were 45/90 ......... NOT 30/60
34.9 oz without battery? It would take an awful lot of hot glue, CF, capacitor, etc. to make up for the massive difference in weight - see chart below (all weights in g).

I wrote that I could use a heavier motor, heavier ESC and a 4s 5000mAh 30C battery in my FunJet and still stay well below 34.9oz RTF (with battery!).

Jürgen
Old Jan 04, 2011, 05:01 AM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,999 Posts
Again ........................
Why do you feel that you must carry on like you do ??

Pie charts ??? You could have flown several batteries instead of making pretty pie charts

Your weights on your pretty little pie chart are without wires, heat shrink, and solder/connectors on the ESC, you need to add glue to hold down my ESC, each of my 4 magnets weigh in at just about 15g + the hot glue to keep them in place, my 4s5000(45/90) batts are actually (2)2s5000 together (each one weighing in @ 320g), battery hold downs and glue added another 60g, hardware for attaching motor and thrust angle plate added more weight, I could go on ..................... I thought you said that you had been flying since Cave Men invented fire, you would think that you learned it all adds up by now.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 05:06 AM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
This is obviously a "typo" as the APC 7x10" is only available as Sport prop.

I had already posted about this here:

Jürgen
It obviousely wasnt correct info coming from you, and if it was a typo, you could have edited it
Thats why you can "EDIT" a post .................

(you can correct incorrect information with the "edit" feature, just in case you didnt know)
Old Jan 04, 2011, 06:07 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Your weights on your pretty little pie chart are without wires, heat shrink, and solder/connectors on the ESC, you need to add glue to hold down my ESC, each of my 4 magnets weigh in at just about 15g + the hot glue to keep them in place, my 4s5000(45/90) batts are actually (2)2s5000 together (each one weighing in @ 320g), battery hold downs and glue added another 60g, hardware for attaching motor and thrust angle plate added more weight, I could go on ...
All those items are included in the "RC + Rest" pie. If your FJ really weighs 39.4 oz without battery, you are carrying an awful lot of extra weight arround.

Wether you use two 2s/5000mAh packs weighing 640g or a single 4s/5000mAh weighing 549g has no influence on the "RC + Rest" pie. It just adds yet another unnecessary 91g to your flying weight.

Jürgen
Old Jan 04, 2011, 06:11 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
It obviousely wasnt correct info coming from you, and if it was a typo, you could have edited it
Thats why you can "EDIT" a post .................

(you can correct incorrect information with the "edit" feature, just in case you didnt know)
As this info was quoted from someone else, I decided not to edit it, but comment on it:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=13739

Jürgen
Old Jan 04, 2011, 09:42 AM
Beaconsfield. West Australia
Joined Jul 2009
137 Posts
Just a message to gryphon and mopar, why dont you take it some other place,i was enjoying this thread just as i was enjoying the other F J thread before you helped close it down.We dont need the crap you go on about all the bloody time GO AWAY.
todemax is offline Find More Posts by todemax
Old Jan 04, 2011, 01:31 PM
Bipe addict.
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Joined May 2007
51 Posts
Hi,

I just checked my motor mount because of the torque roll issues my FJU has. I found the thrust line to be angled to the left. As far as I know it should be to the right, if at all. Correct? (first photo)

I have no idea how can it be angled left, since the motor mount plate is straight and bolts tighented evenly.

Second thing I am a bit confused about is up/down thrust line. In the last two photos you can see I fitted perfectly flat metal plate onto the shaft, set the motor to be straight(i.e. plate perpendicular to that black round thing) and looking at the scale at the bottom it is not at 0 degrees.

Can someone please explain, how should I set the thrust line? Should I just set it straight or a bit to the right? Is the black round thing(I don't know how to else to call it lol)even a good reference for measuring?
rapz0r is offline Find More Posts by rapz0r
Last edited by rapz0r; Jan 04, 2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: typo
Old Jan 04, 2011, 02:47 PM
Joined Dec 2006
290 Posts
I guess that sidethrust explains the roll then

The metal plate is a good idea

Mine is set up with zero sidethrust and I think a 1/2 division upthrust on the little scale. Zero and zero should be good, then if you get diving or climbing under power, you adjust for upthrust/downthrust accordingly. I only moved it slightly to get what I wanted.

The black 'jet nozzle' should be a reasonable reference.

If you want to be sure, put a longer straight edge up agaist your plate and measure to the wing.

As to why you have sidethrust - something isn't sitting flush. Either the motor in the mount or the little pips from the mount to the nozzle. Hope that helps!
dogshome is offline Find More Posts by dogshome
Last edited by dogshome; Jan 04, 2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2011, 03:22 PM
Bipe addict.
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Joined May 2007
51 Posts
Thanks for the advice, I'll measure the "jet nozzle"(lol) position to the wing, and recheck the mount. I am pretty sure that motor sits perfect, since I payed attention to that aluminum plate being straight and I loctited the bolts.

However I am not so sure about how plate sits on the black thingy.

I'll try to get it straight, however I'm affraid it is going to take a while to test fly it, since the grass runway where I fly is in bad condition, frozen, and last time I landed my FJ it got some nasty scars on the belly.

And broke one servo arm off. (My fault, I didn't put servo covers on - I have now.)
rapz0r is offline Find More Posts by rapz0r
Old Jan 04, 2011, 03:22 PM
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogshome View Post
Zero and zero should be good, then if you get diving or climbing under power, you adjust for upthrust/downthrust accordingly.
The black 'jet nozzle' should be a reasonable reference.
As to why you have sidethrust - something isn't sitting flush. Either the motor in the mount or the little pips from the mount to the nozzle. Hope that helps!
Could not have said it better.

Jürgen
Old Jan 04, 2011, 03:53 PM
Joined Dec 2006
290 Posts
Quote:
Could not have said it better.

Jürgen

I'm scared now!

dogshome is offline Find More Posts by dogshome
Old Jan 04, 2011, 05:58 PM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,999 Posts
Quote:
All those items are included in the "RC + Rest" pie. If your FJ really weighs 39.4 oz without battery, you are carrying an awful lot of extra weight arround.

Wether you use two 2s/5000mAh packs weighing 640g or a single 4s/5000mAh weighing 549g has no influence on the "RC + Rest" pie. It just adds yet another unnecessary 91g to your flying weight.

Jürgen
Unnecessary to you, but ABSOLUTELY - POSITIVELY necessary to me.
You dont get it, and probably never will

And its 34.9 oz without batts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=423
(so much for the "allways right" attitude)
Good luck in 2011
Fly safe
Old Jan 05, 2011, 05:28 PM
Surrey, UK/Punta Gorda Florida
Joined Nov 2003
45 Posts
I have just got a Funjet Ultra from the UK and have a problem.
Even with a Rhino 40C 2250 3 cell as far forward as it will go (way forward of where the instructions show) its still very tail heavy. I did not see this mentioned in any of the UK reviews, has anyone else had this problem? Surely it doesn't need a 4 cell?
grahamfoster is offline Find More Posts by grahamfoster