HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:18 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Is it just me or are those damned aluminium motor mount screws tighter than a .....well....tight?
I'm gonna use socket head screws unless someone can give me a reason why i shouldnt.
Maccanaut is offline Find More Posts by Maccanaut
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:23 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Im not much of a drinker.....but on a warm day this week i had 3 stubbies. I then decided I'd attach my horizontal stabs to the funjet. I'd put the stickers on the funjet and the stabs the previous day. So I CA'd the first one in. Used activator. Added more CA (I'm about anal about not having enough glue on planes).
Beautiful job!
Hang on......i thought. The stickers are on the INNER SIDE of the stab!
Glued the wrong one on.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:49 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
lol I find the same thing - a couple of beers and plane building don't mix.
War Machine is offline Find More Posts by War Machine
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:03 AM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
lol I find the same thing - a couple of beers and plane building don't mix.
How about a couple before flying?
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:08 AM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Multiplex Funjet Ultra at Keilor Park (3 min 28 sec)

Ok...so theres a bit of debate about launch methods in my group of pilots. Apart from the ramp method, what is the easiest and most successful launch method? I'm worried about throwing it forward; worried the prop might clip my hand. The vid above is Frank launching his way, which aside from a few failed attempts in the beginning has since mastered this technique.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:19 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
I battle a bit with my launch and Ive had a few bad ones. Maybe Ive just got a girlie throwing arm. Don't worry about the prop clipping your hand. I was using a 7.4" prop and didn't have a problem.
Speaking of ramps - has anyone got a design to share ? A build thread would be great. The release part Im not clear on.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:12 AM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,656 Posts
i throw mine at about a 75% angle upwards. thr funjet has PLENTY of power to pull almost straight up. ive never had any problem with the prop hitting my hand. i like to throw mine almost straight up, to stay away from the ground.
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:14 AM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,656 Posts
i saw a video of a guy hold the funjet by the wing, throttle up, and just let the funjet pull out of his hand.
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:31 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
Does anyone know how Mopar is getting on after the damage to his house from the storm ?
Old Nov 09, 2012, 04:37 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,680 Posts
i cant speak for him ,but i was without cable ,internet ,phone for a week and im about 6 miles from him , so if he can get it on it would be by smart phone as i did
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:16 AM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
893 Posts
I've heard mention of metal motor mount for the FJU, which I would imagine helps absorbing some of the motor heat. What other benefits are there? Where would you find this mount and is it necessary? I plan on using 4s on a BL15 heatsinked motor. tyia
WhalleyB0Y is offline Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:28 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalleyB0Y View Post
I've heard mention of metal motor mount for the FJU, which I would imagine helps absorbing some of the motor heat. What other benefits are there? Where would you find this mount and is it necessary? I plan on using 4s on a BL15 heatsinked motor. tyia
http://www.smallpartscnc.com/

advantage, well like you said, looks cooler, and can take much more heat, but for 4s, well, you dont really need it
sebbe is online now Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:35 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccanaut View Post

Ok...so theres a bit of debate about launch methods in my group of pilots. Apart from the ramp method, what is the easiest and most successful launch method? I'm worried about throwing it forward; worried the prop might clip my hand. The vid above is Frank launching his way, which aside from a few failed attempts in the beginning has since mastered this technique.
I've adopted the method seen in this video. However, instead of countering the torque roll like he does, I roll with it and complete a full roll. I throw it nearly straight up, so it can spin all it wants as it is doing so going up, giving you plenty of time to recover or get your fingers on the sticks.

I've been bit by my Stryker throwing overhand, so this method is the only way I feel safe using. Works great and have yet to have an issue with it.

How to Hand Launch FunJet Vertically (1 min 22 sec)
nofreee is offline Find More Posts by nofreee
Old Nov 09, 2012, 04:53 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofreee View Post
I've adopted the method seen in this video. However, instead of countering the torque roll like he does, I roll with it and complete a full roll. I throw it nearly straight up, so it can spin all it wants as it is doing so going up, giving you plenty of time to recover or get your fingers on the sticks.

I've been bit by my Stryker throwing overhand, so this method is the only way I feel safe using. Works great and have yet to have an issue with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvyhQJPLwAg
you make it look easy , i always get my a friend at the field to throw my pusher planes .i need to start practicing this looks like it wil work for me since throwing?tossing it never works for me .
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Nov 10, 2012, 03:46 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
Does anyone know how Mopar is getting on after the damage to his house from the storm ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
i cant speak for him ,but i was without cable ,internet ,phone for a week and im about 6 miles from him , so if he can get it on it would be by smart phone as i did
Still alive !!
Taking extremely long to clean up my area, lots of big trees came down, one that hit the house is on the ground and all cut up. Got power just as the Nor-easter hit, crews with Dudes from Oregon went house to house attaching power wires, didnt leave a house untill they were re-attached to the grid, still no phones or cable. House all plastic wrapped where needed before the 4-6" of snow came

Sandman, I dont live in NYC, I just work there ............ live along North Shore, Suffolk County ........................ Large tree territory. The houses on the road parallel to me wont have any power for 3-5 more weeks, everything came down with the trees and LIPA has run out of replacement telephone poles, so there aint no new poles going in the ground any time soon............................

RC on hold for a little while, working on a few neighbors chainsaws and have a few more chains to sharpen, then I can give my saws some needed attention, then I have to start splitting wood for the fireplace
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway