to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:20 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
It was from a dive, so not as crazy as you might think
yea i read that part,but the way i see it ,i assume its around 160 level flight , which to me is crazy fast . u forget im still flying a lil under 130mph ,lol so 160mph is crazy fast . the funnie thing is i used to ride a suzuki hayabusa , top speed 215pmh the fastest i took it was 186mph and not on a track the expressway in NYC the hutchinson to be exact, i now ride an yamaha R1 which isnt as fast top speed maybe 180 i push it at a regular to speeds of 160mph too some that is crazy fast to me not fast enough ,but it will do, so i guess my point is it depends on what fast means to some .to me the ships you fly at 160 are crazy fast ,
but to you, those 160mph strykers and funjets are "aahhh they wil do"
by the way we do have something in common aside from these fast planes
mopars. ive owned a 1999 Dodge Charger R/T and now own a Ram1500 R/T both run on r/t 5.7 hemi ive always loved fast things been riding for 28years and driving for the same amount of time .
anyway those are propably not the mopars your into but stil considered a Mopar

the Ram
[IMG][/IMG]

the R1

[IMG][/IMG]
cheers
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:16 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
I don't have a tach so I can't tell what the RPM are.
My telemetry isn't recording Watts for some reason but I assume its around 1400W.
The spar is a 10mm hollow tube that is glued to the stock spar. It spans the centre section upto the join where the wing tips get get glued on (+-8" long).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAME747 View Post
Watts?

Rpm?

Placement of extra spar?

FCA
War Machine is offline Find More Posts by War Machine
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:45 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
1. yea i read that part,but the way i see it ,i assume its around 160 level flight , which to me is crazy fast . u forget im still flying a lil under 130mph ,lol so 160mph is crazy fast . but to you, those 160mph strykers and funjets are "aahhh they wil do"

2. by the way we do have something in common aside from these fast planes
mopars. ive owned a 1999 Dodge Charger R/T and now own a Ram1500 R/T both run on r/t 5.7 hemi ive always loved fast things been riding for 28years and driving for the same amount of time .
anyway those are propably not the mopars your into but stil considered a Mopar
cheers
1. I agree !!! This is why Crayola still makes the 64 color option ..................

2. A MOPAR is a MOPAR !!!! I even had an Omni GLHS, and it too was a MOPAR !!

3. I think I have seen your bike and helmet before .....................
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:36 AM
Aalesund, Norway
Joined Jun 2012
457 Posts
I am flying my stock FJ FPV with a 180deg servo on the camera. This is by far the funniest FPV plane I have flown !
I also have a HET 2w20 that I am planning to put into it and of course upgrade the ESC. I have plenty of 4S 2200 mah batteries laying around.
In stock setup the FJ is clearly slower as FPV with the increased weight and drag from the FPV equipment.
Some pics:
daggad is offline Find More Posts by daggad
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:39 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,766 Posts
Got my 2nd Ultra done yesterday..too windy to fish...anyways..it static readings with a 6.5 x 6.5 APC and 5 cell TP 2250 65c/130c on the 16/35/2CE was 66 amps..don't remember the watts.. on 6 cell Gens ace 2700 35c was 96 amps...and just over 2000 watts...still haven't maidened the 16/40..

Into Fishing my fall tactics...

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:23 AM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,999 Posts
Billy,
While the 16-35-2e is a GREAT motor ................ 6 cells and 6.5x6.5 might be too much for it in a FJU .................. if it was a Stryker with a heatsink, I would say "Go for it !!"

Be carefull with your throttle, make 1 or 2 passes then land and get the motor temp to be sure it isnt getting too hot .................... heatsink is a MUST and Terrys motor mount will help dissipate more heat
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:04 AM
Static Model Collector LOL
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
War machine - good call on extending the spar to the wing tips.

Daggerd - nice looking bird, where did you get the servo? Need to get one so I can mount a key chain cam on it.

Billy - Hope you get her in the air soon

Mopar - I am curious to know how far I can push my 22/35

As for me, installed the servos in the new FJ I'm building, lets see how long it's gonna take to finish lol

Have FUN,

FCA
FLAME747 is offline Find More Posts by FLAME747
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:58 PM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,659 Posts
hey sandman! still enjoying that motor from toysonics? heres one of my other toys. i just put some monster decals on it. if you look close, you can see i cut a decal up, and made two snake eyes out of the lights on my atv. i think it looks pretty wicked.
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:28 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
hey sandman! still enjoying that motor from toysonics? heres one of my other toys. i just put some monster decals on it. if you look close, you can see i cut a decal up, and made two snake eyes out of the lights on my atv. i think it looks pretty wicked.
still enjoying it . in my flyjet . although i not going to lie . i got used to the speed , and now it seems slow,lol
sweet quad you got there. the graphics in the headlights does make it look wicked , more like a dragon or a wryn(wingless dragon)
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:33 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
still enjoying it . in my flyjet . although i not going to lie . im got used to the speed , and now it seems slow,lol
sweet quad you got there. the graphics in the headlights does make it look wicked , more like a dragon or a wyvern(wingless dragon)
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:05 AM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAME747 View Post
1. War machine - good call on extending the spar to the wing tips.

2. Mopar - I am curious to know how far I can push my 22/35
1. I think he only went past the glued joint

2. Me too .............. Gryphon will have some numbers heading his way as soon as possible
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:05 AM
Aalesund, Norway
Joined Jun 2012
457 Posts
Quote:
Daggerd - nice looking bird, where did you get the servo? Need to get one so I can mount a key chain cam on it.
I used this one on the free rudder channel:http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._12g_0_10.html
daggad is offline Find More Posts by daggad
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:52 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
I had another three successful flights today. The fourth flight was a disaster - I was using a bigger battery (4s3850) for the first time and I launched badly. Plane more or less OK but I broke my APC composite 7.4X8 I loved that prop man. At least that was the only damage.
Fastest (GPS) was 194mph with a dive and a tail wind (I know, I know it doesn't count lol).
Next up is 7X10 and then 7X13 folding.
Ive been enjoying this motor (SK3 1900kv). Stays cool at 100A continuous (peak temp has been 131F).
War Machine is offline Find More Posts by War Machine
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:49 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
nofreee,

If it was mine, I would just start with APC E 5.5X4.5 and a good size heat sink and some throttle control.

Check temps, Measure the speed and take it from there.

Hopefully others who know that specific motor will chime in.

Note: the motor is not maxed out yet......everything should run real nice.
***Don't count out 5.5X5.5 yet.

APC 5.5X4.5 will be more fun than 5.2X5.2 Graupner but consider picking that up sometime and see how you like the speed etc.

Per cell Voltage under load: (Watts / AMPs) / 4

Gryphon
The 5.5x4.5 runs are coming down in the low 90's on the can. Batteries and ESC are well within acceptable temps. I will be stepping up to the 5.5x5.5 this weekend, but like you stated I think this motor can take it.
nofreee is offline Find More Posts by nofreee