SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 03, 2012, 05:28 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBillyFly View Post

feefo...my Velocity exploded in the air...had a Arc 28/47/1 on mine...I like my Projetti better...its beefed up with Tape...I run 124 with it with a Het 2W 25 and 4 cell 1300mah..

Didn't tape the Velocity..

Ouch

Mine was taped, 2 carbon spars, 1 wing tip to tip, carbon spar on belly.

New Velocity is a different foam from the 1st. Not sure which is which without checking (not going to, too lazy... )
feefo is online now Find More Posts by feefo
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 05:43 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Sep 2004
2,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feefo View Post
Ouch

Mine was taped, 2 carbon spars, 1 wing tip to tip, carbon spar on belly.

New Velocity is a different foam from the 1st. Not sure which is which without checking (not going to, too lazy... )
The Velocity II has the same foam as the original Funjet (which is also what's in the Stryker)
cjbucher is online now Find More Posts by cjbucher
Old Sep 03, 2012, 05:49 PM
Ham Lake, MN
Joined Jun 2003
198 Posts
I also blew up my Projetti. One of the wings blew off. Parts were scattered from one end of the field to the other. The guys there that day got a cool show though!
PJRono is offline Find More Posts by PJRono
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:10 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,647 Posts
Guess they both need spars then. Putting the spar through the fuse wasn't the easiest to do but never had a prob with mine. It was all the bodged launches and failed landings that killed mine slowly.
Old Sep 03, 2012, 07:47 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,999 Posts
Quote:
It was all the bodged launches and failed landings that killed mine slowly.
They get us all !!!!
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:01 PM
Static Model Collector LOL
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
I know the feeling feefo

Flew my fj this weekend, for the life of me I can't understand why I am having such a hard time with this plane

Flew my Dogfighter no problem, did manage to break a prop
But I was comfortable flying it, the FJ is just problematic, but I'll keep trying

The quest for 200 is still on

Have Fun

FCA
FLAME747 is offline Find More Posts by FLAME747
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:01 PM
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
Outrunner setup?

Evening. Can anyone recommend a good setup for outrunners. I've got an OS power 10, OS power 15, and an E-flite power 25 1250. I don't really want to order any more motors at this time. Got a slew of 3s TP 65c 2250s, a few Hyperion 4s 45c 2600s, an ice 100A esc, and a wide variety of APC sport props. I'm interested in as much speed as possible with around a 4 minute flight time... Any thoughts? Thanks!

Rich
nitroburnt is offline Find More Posts by nitroburnt
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:13 PM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,478 Posts
Yea should have been more clear
16/25/2ef5d

Thanks dudes!!!
rimripper is offline Find More Posts by rimripper
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:54 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Nov 2007
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroburnt View Post
Evening. Can anyone recommend a good setup for outrunners. I've got an OS power 10, OS power 15, and an E-flite power 25 1250. I don't really want to order any more motors at this time. Got a slew of 3s TP 65c 2250s, a few Hyperion 4s 45c 2600s, an ice 100A esc, and a wide variety of APC sport props. I'm interested in as much speed as possible with around a 4 minute flight time... Any thoughts? Thanks!

Rich
--I run the Eflight Power 25 1250kv in my Pogo. 2600 4s -- 75amp ESC -- 8x8 prop. Pogo goes close to 100mph. FJ should run 120'smph. 8x6 prop would work also to get started.
G-Forse is offline Find More Posts by G-Forse
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:17 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAME747 View Post
I know the feeling feefo

Flew my fj this weekend, for the life of me I can't understand why I am having such a hard time with this plane

Flew my Dogfighter no problem, did manage to break a prop
But I was comfortable flying it, the FJ is just problematic, but I'll keep trying

The quest for 200 is still on

Have Fun

FCA

200! My 'new' setup won't match that...lol

I was bored so I decided to stick an old Turnigy 2836 2350kv in my FJU while I decide what I'm doing about the Ice 100a that needs servicing. Used a Plush 40a and a Graupner 6.5 x 5 with a 3s 2200 25c. I didn't check amp draw, should be less than the APC 6x 5.5E I used on the old FJ which was low 40's.

'Maiden' went ok, thrust line was waaaay out tho, motor sounded like it was about to fall apart, I think the bearings are shot, it was like this when I got it so it didn't get sold when I sold all my un-wanted kit early this year.

For some reason my elevons were out, as if I hadn't centred them when I built it (I had) and it needed nearly all the trim to level them out. Other than that it was ok. Maybe the crash/bump,/heavy landing is to blame? Seemed ok on the CC controller and that's all that's changed.....wierd.

I'd forgot how well a light FJ floats, motor off at height and I was able to glide around real easy, absolute pleasure TBH.

Still can't wait to stick my Mega and 466g lipo back in tho
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:02 AM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,999 Posts
Quote:
1. My 16/25/2CE F5D pushes my FJU around at about 135mph, maybe a bit more in a dive or 'on a good day'. Might make it go faster over winter with a bigger prop but it's about right for where I fly. I'm using a 6.5 x 5.5 APC, if I had better throttle management I might try the 6.5 x 6 or 6.5 x 6.5 in the summer months for more speed.

2. HS85's are said to be much better than the HS82's. I've used the old HS81's and never had a prob, and had the HS82's in a FVK Bandit without issues. Both planes would have been slower than my FJU though, so I went with HS85's.
1. Nice video Feefo !!!
That looks like an awesome daily setup !!
Any way for you to e-mail me the .csv file from this flight, or another one with more WOT ?

2. The 85's main advantage is the bearing on the output shaft. The old 81's and newer 82's just have a bushing supporting their output shaft, while the bearing offered in the 85's eliminate all wobble on the arms, helping to keep flutter and "mushy" controlls away !!!
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:14 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,777 Posts
Just bought a Mega 16/35/2 over on Ebay..fella had a post here on the Power Systems..so I picked it up...CE version..

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:00 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
1. Nice video Feefo !!!
That looks like an awesome daily setup !!
Any way for you to e-mail me the .csv file from this flight, or another one with more WOT ?

2. The 85's main advantage is the bearing on the output shaft. The old 81's and newer 82's just have a bushing supporting their output shaft, while the bearing offered in the 85's eliminate all wobble on the arms, helping to keep flutter and "mushy" controlls away !!!

1. Thanks.....A few files sent your way.

2. I know, but it seemed as if zeus was set on '82's, just wanted to point out as a general point that '85's are 'better'.

You can still get movement on the 85's (nearly all servo's TBH), this cool little accessory http://www.sloperacer.co.uk/_content...earingkits.asp is available to limit it even more, but no use in a foam wing as they're designed more for composite gliders and hotliners. As you can see in the link, additional bracing across the servo bay is another little thing to do to reduce movement.

Quote:
Just bought a Mega 16/35/2 over on Ebay..fella had a post here on the Power Systems..so I picked it up...CE version..

Billy

Nice find Billy, ebay UK is limited, ebay Germany has a few nice bits on a regular basis, although not many offer postage to the UK as a rule.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:22 PM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,999 Posts
Quote:

Billy
I would set that up with 6 cells and a 6.5x6.5 prop !!
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:26 PM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,999 Posts
Quote:
1. Thanks.....A few files sent your way.

2. I know, but it seemed as if zeus was set on '82's, just wanted to point out as a general point that '85's are 'better'.

You can still get movement on the 85's (nearly all servo's TBH), this cool little accessory http://www.sloperacer.co.uk/_content...earingkits.asp is available to limit it even more, but no use in a foam wing as they're designed more for composite gliders and hotliners. As you can see in the link, additional bracing across the servo bay is another little thing to do to reduce movement.

Nice find Billy, ebay UK is limited, ebay Germany has a few nice bits on a regular basis, although not many offer postage to the UK as a rule.
Got the files ! Thanks !!
That little powerhouse is doing fine at 85-90 amps straight and level !!

Nice supports for the servo axles !!