HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:22 AM
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,179 Posts
It can be set-up for short burst WOT speed runs, or all day WOT runs, depending on what you want. Big difference in speed though. No one claimed 200+ all day running with the HK motor, if so, I never saw it.
markusvt is offline Find More Posts by markusvt
Last edited by markusvt; Aug 13, 2012 at 08:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:30 AM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusvt View Post
It can be set-up for short burst WOT speed runs, or all day WOT runs, depending on what you want. Big difference in speed though. (You may have to go back and slowing read and see if anyone claimed 200+ all day running with the HK motor), if so, I never saw it. Thanks for the luck wishes, don't need them though.
Is this your 2 step back step??you lost me with you back peddling....so your admitting it doesn't run 200 level finially.
Good for you!!!!
Glad your seeing the light,and letting others see through you.

You are a true gentleman
rimripper is offline Find More Posts by rimripper
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:30 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,982 Posts
Markus,
Please set it up for 3 or 4 passes, no more than 5-6 seconds each pass.
I dont care what the actual numbers say, I just care what they are.

Please no holding back, 6.5x6.5 on the same 6 cell battery you used to get 215 in your dive with that wind
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:52 AM
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,179 Posts
No problem, totally agreed, it is what it is.

I broke my 1 APC 6.5x6.5 drilling it out this week, got 3 more yesterday, drilled 2 out and ready now. My CAM 6.5x6.5 has been back-ordered forever, not sure I will get them.

Waiting on weather, work and coordinating with helpers for video, safety and radar.

Will try to capture best for Doppler, knowing it is still very subjective, but will go for steady, level, solid camera and such.

The draw is very high, not sure how much it will drop each pass without recharging, but we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Markus,
Please set it up for 3 or 4 passes, no more than 5-6 seconds each pass.
I dont care what the actual numbers say, I just care what they are.

Please no holding back, 6.5x6.5 on the same 6 cell battery you used to get 215 in your dive with that wind
markusvt is offline Find More Posts by markusvt
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:57 AM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotnx211 View Post
If this is the from the video that G-forse posted.

Thiers one person who, I am very sure, is a Professor of Physics, at a major University that your fighting with. Thats simply not smart!
Its from the video ......BUT.......
1. Temp was a guess
2. He came out of a dive, the preceeding curve is reversed, so he lost speed just before he straightened out
3. I know one person on here that is a certified and licensed rocket scientist, teaches rockets and propulsion systems in his spare time. He wants to know straight and level opposite direction passes as well, and he is SUPER smart !
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:09 AM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusvt View Post
No problem, totally agreed, it is what it is.

I broke my 1 APC 6.5x6.5 drilling it out this week, got 3 more yesterday, drilled 2 out and ready now. My CAM 6.5x6.5 has been back-ordered forever, not sure I will get them.

Waiting on weather, work and coordinating with helpers for video, safety and radar.

Will try to capture best for Doppler, knowing it is still very subjective, but will go for steady, level, solid camera and such.

The draw is very high, not sure how much it will drop each pass without recharging, but we will see.
That CAM 6.5x6.5 will pull less than the APC counterpart, and will go slower.
Even a video following a close pass will get us within about 5 mph. Stationary is best though, and we all know too well, at these speeds, safety is NEVER to be compromised.

Worse comes to worse, drop down to 6.5x6 if you have to .......................
I am rooting for the 6.5x6.5 though.
And by the way, I do have a FJ that already went past 200.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=409
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:14 AM
Joined Jan 2006
2,375 Posts
"how about this......you try to break your 200 mark with level passes....I'll let you have the glory for a few posts....days....then I'll launch up my weapon"

A challenge!

I think I'll take you up on it!

I just ran through most of you posts. While I found most were telling what you are going to do, and telling others what to do, I only found one post where you actually say you did something. A post about going 147 (yawn) on 4s. And no video, doppler, witnesses etc to suipport it. Was it out of a dive?

Could you give us one of your posts where you actually show you doing something?
stanordave is offline Find More Posts by stanordave
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:45 AM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,444 Posts
Sure....can you,I have many videos
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:46 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,767 Posts
This is getting funny, but at the same time totally meningless.... Maybee we should start a new thread, just discussing how fast funjets can go ?

I will start it, so we can procede there, its shame to ruin the funjet ultra thread any more..
sebbe is online now Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Aug 11, 2012, 11:49 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,767 Posts
here it is:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post22418731

lest continue from there.....
sebbe is online now Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:04 PM
Account closed
Joined Jan 2011
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Its from the video ......BUT.......
1. Temp was a guess
2. He came out of a dive, the preceeding curve is reversed, so he lost speed just before he straightened out
3. I know one person on here that is a certified and licensed rocket scientist, teaches rockets and propulsion systems in his spare time. He wants to know straight and level opposite direction passes as well, and he is SUPER smart !
Since you ALREADY have a FJ going past 200 mph, why not give him your videos. Wouldn't that be the SUPER smart thing to do!! Oh, we have a missle launch pad right by our RC field. They have launchs and meets all the time. He's always invited.
Heck, we get PM's on many from others keeping us up to date about all this internet garbage!!
Better yet, spend 300 bucks and build a FJ with a SK3 and show us how good you really are!! Your not concerned about Mega are you......naw...........!!!
Best,
regards, Tom.
Pilotnx211 is offline Find More Posts by Pilotnx211
Last edited by Pilotnx211; Aug 13, 2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:14 PM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,444 Posts
Oh,Tom...
I got your silly pm,talking trash about the members who actually contribute....show us what you've got or show us your fast ultra.
Last edited by rimripper; Aug 15, 2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:22 PM View Post
Pilotnx211
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while Pilotnx211 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:23 PM
Account closed
Joined Jan 2011
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
here it is:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post22418731

lest continue from there.....

Is this "invite only" ??

LMAO.
Pilotnx211 is offline Find More Posts by Pilotnx211
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:34 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Nov 2007
1,261 Posts
--Where can you buy clamshell style motor mounts for 28mm, 36, 39mm motors?

http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-29b.html

found it
G-Forse is offline Find More Posts by G-Forse
Last edited by G-Forse; Aug 11, 2012 at 06:42 PM.