HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:25 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
i hope you say this as a joke ,, of course i dont believe it, was meant as way to show there ae many speed claims out there that are totally wrong
:d
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:26 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Nov 2007
1,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
What EDF are you running ?
--HET 6904 -- JS1400 on 3200 5s

--Next build will probably use a Eflight 80mm fan and motor from Habu32 using 7s
G-Forse is offline Find More Posts by G-Forse
Last edited by G-Forse; Aug 07, 2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:42 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,463 Posts
Welp...We had a glitch day at the field..two of my planes were actin up...one before I flew..and the second was my Beloved Funjet..Had for a couple years...and she lost signal and I'll call a hard landing...hehe...anyways...gonna just not try this anymore at the hockey field....we have a Downtown airport bout a mile away...too many Commercial Business all around us...got the scoop on the N. Flying ..the membership year is almost over...so I'm gonna hang it up till the next year starts..Not goin to fly anything Fast anymore in town.....just not worth it..Besides my fishing season is comin up...Just to show ya what Packing tape and Carbon straps can prevent...this funjet had the Hobbyking 3648 1450KV..7x8 sport Prop...was a respectable 140+ jet...after I launched it tipped right...then left...went into a turn to head downfield...goin at least 80mph as I opened it up..then she did the wingtip pitches again..and headed down...I tried to pull up as I was giving more throttle...but nuthin...it disappeared on a lower field...when i got there it took 45 mins. to locate my 6 cell Voltz Battery...which was bout 75 yards ahead of the jet....untaped this plane would have been toast..but it can be rebuilt...much easier with the tape reinforcement...I'm bowing out for a while ....until I can be a guest at the N. Field...You guys take care...and thanks for all the help Fellas...Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:07 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Sep 2004
2,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBillyFly View Post
Welp...We had a glitch day at the field..two of my planes were actin up...one before I flew..and the second was my Beloved Funjet..Had for a couple years...and she lost signal and I'll call a hard landing...hehe...anyways...gonna just not try this anymore at the hockey field....we have a Downtown airport bout a mile away...too many Commercial Business all around us...got the scoop on the N. Flying ..the membership year is almost over...so I'm gonna hang it up till the next year starts..Not goin to fly anything Fast anymore in town.....just not worth it..Besides my fishing season is comin up...Just to show ya what Packing tape and Carbon straps can prevent...this funjet had the Hobbyking 3648 1450KV..7x8 sport Prop...was a respectable 140+ jet...after I launched it tipped right...then left...went into a turn to head downfield...goin at least 80mph as I opened it up..then she did the wingtip pitches again..and headed down...I tried to pull up as I was giving more throttle...but nuthin...it disappeared on a lower field...when i got there it took 45 mins. to locate my 6 cell Voltz Battery...which was bout 75 yards ahead of the jet....untaped this plane would have been toast..but it can be rebuilt...much easier with the tape reinforcement...I'm bowing out for a while ....until I can be a guest at the N. Field...You guys take care...and thanks for all the help Fellas...Billy
I don't know if this would affect your signal or not but I see you are using a foil tape on the bottom and leading edges of the wing. Wouldn't that have the potential to shadow or weaken a 2.4 ghz signal? (unless you have the kind that has long whiskers that stick out of the plane?). It may have worked fine for a while but maybe on a noisier day (signal noise that is), it was just enough to cause signal loss? Not sure but might be possible...
cjbucher is online now Find More Posts by cjbucher
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:14 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,500 Posts
Bummer on the 'heavy landing' Billy.

Aw, sorry to hear you're hangin' your tx up for a bit, have fun fishing and report back when you're a fully fledged club member.
feefo is online now Find More Posts by feefo
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:46 PM
Account closed
Joined Jan 2011
61 Posts
Ultra FunJet, with 1 1/2 oz. cloth covering. Wing is very smooth and motor mount is metal. Also, stiffners put in. HK SK3 1900 KV, 6.5 x 6.5, 6S 2200 40C, HK 190a ecs w 40Vbec. Important, i.e., our field elevation today is 7200 msl. plus.
Both passes (242 and 232) were level and from opposite directions. Entry into the level pass was from a shallow dive where altitude was gained when doing the 180's. Came over my andriod which had RCSpeedo running. RCSpeedo on my android has been confirmed with an Eagle tree system as being very close to each other in speed.
This was the 3rd flight, first 2 were used to get the balance and cg set. Used a bungie for launch.
NOW..please....the disclaimer.....NO RECORDS CLAIMED NOR WANTED, for information purposes only for those wanting to use this setup. Just done for fun!! It does scream and thanks to all the others who have shared their build as it saved me time in doing mine!!!

Regards, Tom.
Pilotnx211 is offline Find More Posts by Pilotnx211
Last edited by Pilotnx211; Aug 07, 2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:08 PM
Static Model Collector LOL
Katy, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotnx211 View Post
Ultra FunJet, with 1 1/2 oz. cloth covering. Wing is very smooth and motor mount is metal. Also, stiffners put in. HK SK3 1900 KV, 6.5 x 6.5, 6S 2200 40C, HK 190a ecs w 40Vbec. Important, i.e., our field elevation today is 7200 msl. plus.
Both passes (242 and 232) were level and from opposite directions. Entry into the level pass was from a shallow dive where altitude was gained when doing the 180's. Came over my andriod which had RCSpeedo running. RCSpeedo on my android has been confirmed with an Eagle tree system as being very close to each other in speed.
This was the 3rd flight, first 2 were used to get the balance and cg set. Used a bungie for launch.
NOW..please....the disclaimer.....NO RECORDS CLAIMED NOR WANTED, for information purposes only for those wanting to use this setup. Just done for fun!! It does scream and thanks to all the others who have shared their build as it saved me time in doing mine!!!

Regards, Tom.
Very Nice Tom, Congrats Ė Iíve been slowly creeping up to the 200 mark, but put my FJ project on hold for a bit.

If you have any video post it up, also since you had eagle tree in the plane, post up some screen shots of the virtual Dashboard would love to see the Max Watts, Amps, RPM, at the 242 mph mark

Iíve been tossing around the idea of installing an Eagle Tree system in my FJ, can you post up some pic of the gear installed, I heard the pitot tube bends easily if you tip over on landings.

Again thanks for sharing, looking forward to video, screen shots, and Pic's

Have Fun,

FCA
FLAME747 is offline Find More Posts by FLAME747
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:09 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Nov 2007
1,249 Posts
--I may have to trade in my 160mph $28 motor for this 240mph $50 one

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19110
G-Forse is offline Find More Posts by G-Forse
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:16 PM
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,176 Posts
On 6S, not sure there is a better option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forse View Post
--I may have to trade in my 160mph $28 motor for this 240mph $50 one

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19110
markusvt is offline Find More Posts by markusvt
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:33 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,820 Posts
Awesome, reduced Battery capacity netted higher speed.

Sebbe, take note of the research effort by others with same Turnigy motor.
If you have not done your maiden flight or high speed runs, then consider the following:

6S-2000 or better yet 6S-1800 may net additional speed.
You know nothing goes on the Internet that is not true.

FJ getting closer to 400 KPH mark......almost 250 MPH !!!

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Aug 08, 2012, 04:26 AM
186mph Funjet Ultra
nieuw vennep, the netherlands
Joined Feb 2010
489 Posts
FJU 240MPH

This is only possible at high density altitudes and high temperatures!
At sea level we are at a huge disadvantage!

Grtz Rene
E-speed buff is offline Find More Posts by E-speed buff
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:28 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,761 Posts
237.4 average speed you say with a HK motor and 2700 watts input ,,, I will not fight this time, just one word = IMPOSSIBLE...

WHY ?

I will explain soon, just have to catch my breath first
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:15 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,761 Posts
Pilotnx211 , first of all, Im not saying you have done something wrong, you cant do more the fly the plane and measure,, fair enough, so dont get this wrong as Markus did, I am only trying to tell you why this aint right..

Ok, this setup draws at least 130 amps, maybee more, a 2200mah hk battery at 40C would get totally beaten up by this, so the wattage in in your case are lower then the 2700 with a bigger powerfull battery.. BUT it really dont matter..

We know for a fact that a Baiojet is much sleeker and faster compared to a ULTRA, thans Henke for the turbines runs for that, and we even know that a modern F5D airframe is faster then the Baiojet, leaving the Ultra way behind, and YES, F5D will NOT explode at +250mph, , just had to say that again

So, we cant compare turbines to electric, but we can compare speedwise an F5D plabe to an ultra, I know the Viper will do over 200mph with 1800 watts input, not much more, I also know a plane like the Turn left Pylon is same speed as a funjet with same efficient motor and prop when the funjet has 4s and the turn left has 3s, THIS proves the funjet is not so fast airframe, so saying a funjet is doing +230mph LEVEL flight NO wind with a KH motor @ 2.5-2.7kw input, is like saying a Alfa models warbird is doing 150mph with 3s @ 300watts

Why this comparasing above, only to show how inefficient the ultra airframe is to the more slicker faster airframes..and to explain in an easy way why this cant be true, before getting into numbers and math..

AND we also know there have been many flying funjets on 6s and over around 2.5kw and above, nothing comes close to +230mph no wind straigh level speed ..

So if there is no magic to this motor or/and prop , then it goes against all laws we know off and all others flying same aiframes with same or more power and better motors..... which of course isnt the case here..

So please, before someone soon says 270mph level fligt with the sk3 motor again, just put a video in here, and we can doppler it, its very easy to avoid totally wicked numbers.. ok..

Sebbe
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:04 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,975 Posts
What I find as interesting is that his actual mph matches what his no load kv would have been @ 3.4 volts per cell

1900 x (3.4 x 6)=38760 rpm
Lets say the 6.5x6.5 prop was on there with 100% efficiency
(38760 x 6.5) / 1056 = 238.58 mph

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats some motor !!!!
And holding 3.4 volts per cell at that power level is an awesome achievement !!
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:10 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-speed buff View Post
FJU 240MPH

This is only possible at high density altitudes and high temperatures!
At sea level we are at a huge disadvantage!

Grtz Rene
Rene,
Where would I go to fly in a higher density altitude, than if I were at sea level ?

Only place I can think of is Death Valley, where its hotter and lower than just about anything around. Is this where I can fly that fast ?
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway