You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimripper View Post
Markuvst,excellent job!!

Johnny,it's the the Q version.
I know, I can't find the kv, and Runnikee does not know.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:34 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusvt View Post
Yup, 194mph on the level, (with the wind), 215mph in a good dive, not a monster dive. More props coming for testing, will try for 200 in the level. Handles very, very nice, no issues. Not too many have I seen go this fast, (no matter how they got there). Just under 3.4 pounds, (54.3 ounces)

very nice going,,,, , that shows the HK motor is up to the task of high amps on 6s lipo without getting to warm... even if it is just a few dives att full speed.

but how you could gain 22mph with an half inch bigger propps and same pitch, compared to the graupner 6x6 beats me ,, .. in these speeds it is difficult to gain 3-4mph extra, especially for a funjet I would think..

Maybee you found that golden prop

that 215mph is crazy,,, must have been good wind ?

Could you do a doppler run, fly full throttle before and full throtlle at least 2 seconds after the pass, dont cut the throttle direct after you passed, impossible to doppler , ive tried to doppler your passes, no succes... you cut throttle to soon..

Would be interesting to know how fast it really is in doppler, you can dive before, no problem, as long as you dont cut the throttle after the pass for 2 seconds..
I dont believe these GPS units the french guy have(hade one self, was totally missleading, hehe), and it is proven that speedguns shows instant highest speed for a very short moment,, doppler will thell the truth, we really need a perfect doppler run, to really get the speed of this setup , once and for all,

Sebbe
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Aug 01, 2012, 12:04 PM
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,177 Posts
215mph is 315 ft/sec, so 5 seconds level is covering 1576 feet. Add in the pre and post times and you are covering a lot of ground, not sure I dare to hold her WOT for that long, but I will see.

Small changes in prop's can make a big difference sometimes, I have seen this many times. This was meant to be a short duration, WOT set-up for speed runs, and I do plan to push it at least one more time.

On this setup, with a 6.5x6.5, Mr Dauch says 216mph, not sure diving or no, but I will try soon.

http://www.dauch.fr/

IMHO, for most, the stock 125mph Multiplex Funjet Ultra power package, (or very similar) on a 3300 3S is about perfect, WOT is no issue, and everything lasts.

markusvt is offline Find More Posts by markusvt
Last edited by markusvt; Aug 01, 2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:33 PM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,439 Posts
Well my 16/25/f5d2e is ready to go,Im going to run some 4s and 5s passes,see what this little bad boy will do...
rimripper is offline Find More Posts by rimripper
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:39 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
I know, I can't find the kv, and Runnikee does not know.
I'm presuming the Q doesn't make a difference to kv, it's just where the wires exit?

Mega lists the 16/25/2E as 2300kv, as said, mine (F5D) comes in at 2356kv
feefo is online now Find More Posts by feefo
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:42 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimripper View Post
Well my 16/25/f5d2e is ready to go,Im going to run some 4s and 5s passes,see what this little bad boy will do...
4s first please

Lookin' forward to your reports.
feefo is online now Find More Posts by feefo
Old Aug 01, 2012, 02:31 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Billy,
Do you remeber cell count and prop size related to each motor when they burned ?
I shore don't...heck..I can't even remember what i had for supper lastnight..

Sorry......Just know I was disappointed...Mainly in myself for not havin a watt meter at that time of Fryin motors.....Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Aug 01, 2012, 02:33 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,474 Posts
Go Git em Rim!!!..Headin to Truman Lake in the mornin.....Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Aug 01, 2012, 03:22 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,762 Posts
Quote:
215mph is 315 ft/sec, so 5 seconds level is covering 1576 feet. Add in the pre and post times and you are covering a lot of ground, not sure I dare to hold her WOT for that long, but I will see.

Small changes in prop's can make a big difference sometimes, I have seen this many times. This was meant to be a short duration, WOT set-up for speed runs, and I do plan to push it at least one more time.

On this setup, with a 6.5x6.5, Mr Dauch says 216mph, not sure diving or no, but I will try soon.

http://www.dauch.fr/

IMHO, for most, the stock 125mph Multiplex Funjet Ultra power package, (or very similar) on a 3300 3S is about perfect, WOT is no issue, and everything lasts.
Would be interesting to see what doppler says.... if you can manage one speedrun and hold throttle 2 seconds after you pass the camera, then we have a go for doppler

what the french guy says we can take it with a bit of fun, hehe

Look at my picture, same gps unit, pretty ok speed for a 3s pylon with 600 watts ,, its totally off sometimes, more and less,, I would not thrust that gps for 1 second.....
Old Aug 01, 2012, 03:26 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,762 Posts
Dont get me wrong, Im sure this setup is fast, I have the same that I am building right now.... but we need to get numbers right here... Not saying your speedgun showing wrong, but would be very interesting to see what doppler says....... if you could make that speedrun the way I said..

doppler is showing speed over 4-5 seconds..

Sebbe
Old Aug 01, 2012, 06:19 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Sep 2004
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
but how you could gain 22mph with an half inch bigger propps and same pitch, compared to the graupner 6x6 beats me ,, .. in these speeds it is difficult to gain 3-4mph extra, especially for a funjet I would think..

Maybee you found that golden prop

Sebbe
Well, in my opinion while the Graupner Speed 6x5.5 prop is a great prop on the Funjet, the Graupner CAM speed 6x6 was not that good. I did back to back tests with these props and the 6x5.5 was about 8 mph faster than the 6x6 and used less power! This was measured with doppler.

With the 6x6 there was a noticeable air churning sound to it compared to the crisp sound of the 6x5.5.

(yes, I know the above post was about a 6.5x6 prop but I thought I'd highlight my experiences with the Graupner 6x5.5 vs the 6x6).

So to me it's not surprising to see such a jump in speed.
cjbucher is online now Find More Posts by cjbucher
Old Aug 01, 2012, 08:29 PM
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,177 Posts
I am using a $1500 gun, calibrated to get accurate readings on baseball size objects at 300mph, it is having no issues locking on this plane a long way off. I will try to get more data, but at some point, you have to throw in the towel and believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
Dont get me wrong, Im sure this setup is fast, I have the same that I am building right now.... but we need to get numbers right here... Not saying your speedgun showing wrong, but would be very interesting to see what doppler says....... if you could make that speedrun the way I said..

doppler is showing speed over 4-5 seconds..

Sebbe
markusvt is offline Find More Posts by markusvt
Old Aug 01, 2012, 10:18 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,820 Posts
Quote:
I am using a $1500 gun, calibrated to get accurate readings on baseball size objects at 300mph, it is having no issues locking on this plane a long way off. I will try to get more data, but at some point, you have to throw in the towel and believe.

Good thing is that there are 4-5 people with the same setup on this thread.

When everyone shows their correct Doppler passes (no dive, level passes), it will leave little room for discussion or wiggle room by anyone.

Reporting numbers on the conservative side is better than otherwise.
Reputations rest on it versus doubling down on reporting higher and higher speeds that no one else may see.

Anyway, good job on flying your fast plane, and as Mopar said: Thanks for pointing out that they were in a dive and with some wind.

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:58 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,762 Posts
Quote:
I DO believe your speed, just asked for a doppler pass.... But I understand if you dont want to risk your setup..

Thanks..

Sebbe..
Last edited by sebbe; Aug 02, 2012 at 06:04 AM.