HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2012, 02:44 PM
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,176 Posts
When folks run 300W-600W motors at 2x-4x the power, I hope they do understand the potential outcome ..................... Temperature helps, airflow helps, throttle control helps, high end motors help, but.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
nope, I got that 100%....

I agree, Im also done

peace out..
markusvt is offline Find More Posts by markusvt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 03:10 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusvt View Post
When folks run 300W-600W motors at 2x-4x the power, I hope they do understand the potential outcome ..................... Temperature helps, airflow helps, throttle control helps, high end motors help, but.........
you are right, and thats the price to pay, maybee 1 in 10 of your motors will burn, but thats wjhat is the cost for making better speedruns,

PEACE!!!
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Last edited by sebbe; Jul 24, 2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 03:40 PM
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
2,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D Wing View Post
Some interesting decals and a carbon skid for the Ultra here: http://modellbau-guru.eshop.t-online.de/ Type ''Funjet'' into the web sites search bar.
Be aware though that they don't ship to the UK or USA.
I managed to obtain some of the modellbau-guru decals whilst over in Germany recently and I've included a couple of pictures to show the similarity with the Ultra decals. There are a few subtle differences and I wonder if this is deliberate to get around any copyrights MPX may have? The new decals are extremely well produced and are much lighter in weight and more glossy than the originals.
Ben D Wing is online now Find More Posts by Ben D Wing
Old Jul 24, 2012, 05:59 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2011
294 Posts
Turnigy SK3 Fandrive - 3659-1900kv - 6cell - 6.5x6.5 prop

here I did a short video, I didnt have a camera man
Turnigy SK3 Fandrive - 3659-1900kv
2700mAh 65-130C 6cell
6.5x6.5 Graupner prop
anyhow, I know I mentioned in the video 70% throttle but it was actually 78% throttle to be very accurate, I was pulling 147amp and 3305 watts
(at 100% throttle should be pulling approximately 188amp if you do the math)
efficient or not I get about 3 minute on this battery so thats good enough for me
wattmeter is only rated at 130amp, but I just did a 2 second burst
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhtTc6AO-84&feature=plcp
kayvannouri is offline Find More Posts by kayvannouri
Last edited by kayvannouri; Jul 24, 2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:15 PM
Sverige
Joined Oct 2007
82 Posts
Just back home from the The Dark Night Rises premiere, and it has been alot talking about my doppler video.

Rimripper, I can assure you that there is no tailwind, reason for landing in the opposite direction is that the wind was in an angle over the runway, and we flew at same angle over the runway. Easier to describe with a picture but it doesn´t matter. Just for fun I will fly in both directions next time I do a doppler pass.

Question is, do I need to turn the camera around so it´s always facing the direction I fly from? Maybe the sound level gets different if I don´t?

I always do static test before trying a new prop, and after I decide if I wan´t to take the risk (if it shows high amps) or not.

Have fun and fly low
matjon is online now Find More Posts by matjon
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:35 PM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,439 Posts
Well you can run it down the throat of the camera,into it one way and out of it the other,when you run both ways then you can have the average worked out,then you have a nice true number of what your running.

Do you know what your inflight unloaded amps are?
Those are the important numbers,like I stated before,I've started at 132 amps and unloaded to 108,I stress when pulling these kinda numbers your playing with a lit match book,it's all in how you handle it(throttle control,cool down glide before another high speed pass)
I was never doubting your knowledge a bit,but I have heard and know of members who did,running a 7x5 and seeing the could go a bit more,but didn't have a 7x6 on hand,but did have 7x7......they burnt their motor.
Not good.

I'm looking forward to seeing some more video!!!

I'm finially getting all my gear back tomorow,I probobly won't sleep tonight.....
rimripper is offline Find More Posts by rimripper
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:48 PM
Crash and burn, huh Mav?
USA, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Aug 2010
995 Posts
Alright, last try at selling this stuff. I'm dropping the price to $200, shipped to the lower 48. Everything you see pictured and listed. This is a good setup for someone that is running 4S but may want to move up to a 5S batt in the future. I've run this setup 4 times, so it's basically new. I also have an AR7000 that I can negotiate on if interested. Shoot me a PM if interested. Happy flying!

-MEGA 16/25/2 CEQ
-Sotog motor mount
-Castle Phoenix Ice Lite 100 ESC
-Castle 10A BEC
-Heat sink
-Prop Adapter
-2 APC Sport props
-Hyperion EX G3 Lipo 4S 3300 mAh Battery
Runnikee is offline Find More Posts by Runnikee
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:14 PM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,439 Posts
That's a sweet deal!!!
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:14 PM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
Good deal Runnikee!

Kayvannouri, that's a sick amount of power! Was that a melted spot on the tail cone?!
setxws6 is offline Find More Posts by setxws6
Old Jul 25, 2012, 04:14 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,761 Posts
matjon, no problems, run in both directions and let the camera be, it will pick up the sound good enough to doppler, it will not matter... for me and for you its ok to only make one run crosswind , but lets do this for the public also..

kayvannouri , im still confused how you can get so much more amps then others with same setup ?? makes me wunder if your motor is a higher kv one ? different windings from strange batch ?

You should not get more then 130-140 amps on 100% throttle..
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:52 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,500 Posts
A quick flight last night in cooler conditions, amps dropped a little (due to cooler air temp?), motor was just under 42C (107F I think). Going to stick with the 6.5x5 until the battery is cycled but I'm wondering if I can prop up? I guess the next step would be the 6.5x5.5 APC, which I haven't got, only the 6.5x6 which I guess is a bit of a big step. I've got a Graupner 6x5.5 but comments on the Graup's distorting at higher RPM has put me off trying it.

Any advice welcome as I'm not sure how hot my Mega can take (F5D high temp windings).
feefo is online now Find More Posts by feefo
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:02 AM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,439 Posts
Nice mod Feefo,added security.
Have you looked at your ice file to see what your amps are unloaded?if you can check and see that would be great!!!!

Kayvannouri,you can always no load kv test your motor to see actual KV.

I've never been called "the public" before.......

Maybe the "public" will post up a new FJU video today.....
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:15 AM
Sverige
Joined Oct 2007
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimripper View Post
Do you know what your inflight unloaded amps are?
Those are the important numbers,like I stated before,I've started at 132 amps and unloaded to 108,I stress when pulling these kinda numbers your playing with a lit match book,it's all in how you handle it(throttle control,cool down glide before another high speed pass)
Inflight with the 6.5x5.5 I see a peak of 105-110A and then it falls down to low 90A during the WOT passes.

Without testing it feels like I can step up to 6.5x6 without a problem. Maybe I´ll buy a few more props later and test. But I´m happy with the Funjet as it is.
matjon is online now Find More Posts by matjon
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:18 AM
Crash and burn, huh Mav?
USA, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Aug 2010
995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimripper View Post
That's a sweet deal!!!
Yeah, probably too good of a deal but I figured someone else would get more enjoyment out of it than I would having it sit in my basement. I don't think that price can be beaten for that amount of stuff, but I guess I could be wrong.
Runnikee is offline Find More Posts by Runnikee
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:05 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D Wing View Post
I managed to obtain some of the modellbau-guru decals whilst over in Germany recently and I've included a couple of pictures to show the similarity with the Ultra decals. There are a few subtle differences and I wonder if this is deliberate to get around any copyrights MPX may have? The new decals are extremely well produced and are much lighter in weight and more glossy than the originals.
Modellbau-Guru offers a wide range of decals for Multiplex models:

http://modellbau-guru.eshop.t-online...20Flugzeuge%22

They also market MPX models with their own decals - in agreement with MPX.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: InterModellBau 2014