HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 26, 2012, 02:27 PM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,446 Posts
100 mph out of a heli???thats crazy!!!

I would love to see one of those in action!!!
rimripper is offline Find More Posts by rimripper
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2012, 02:58 PM
Boycot Crappy CC Controllers
United States, MI, Port Huron
Joined Jun 2006
1,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimripper View Post
100 mph out of a heli???thats crazy!!!

I would love to see one of those in action!!!
Its not as unusual as you may think. SAB Goblin has been clocked over 130 mph, its all in how you set it up. Ill see if I can find the youtube link
snoshoe62 is offline Find More Posts by snoshoe62
Old May 26, 2012, 07:50 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoshoe62 View Post
I used to have the 600 esp, the 600 pro on 12s is a whole new game, they really dont compare especially if the esp is 6s like mine was. I can probably get 100mph out of my 600 pro.
Mine is still 6 cells, but I am running a Scorpion HK4026 motor. It has great power (not wicked great, but snappy with set RPM @ 2100hs).

Its way better than the stock motor.
One day I will get the other Scorpion and run 12 cells, but I still have some FJU's and Strykers to finish building first !!!
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old May 27, 2012, 08:10 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,551 Posts
Last Touch Up..

Lil Combo here..Few DogFighter decals...and a Squall nose cone for some extra aerodynamics....Now just wait for the New Mega 16/45 to arrive....and she should be my Fastest Bird......Billy

Oh..the two lil white specs on the wings are the servo horns....I'm runnin the controls on the top instead of under the wings..
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old May 27, 2012, 09:04 AM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,446 Posts
Hot Dam Billy,that's very crafty!!!

How did you align the cone?LAR?
rimripper is offline Find More Posts by rimripper
Old May 27, 2012, 09:41 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,756 Posts
Funjet Ultra is $89 at Hobby People this weekend.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old May 27, 2012, 10:04 PM
I've got gas
United States, PA, Quakertown
Joined Aug 2011
365 Posts
An idea I came up with to enhance the tow hook on the FJU.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1660108
BrightCap232 is online now Find More Posts by BrightCap232
Old May 28, 2012, 08:03 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimripper View Post
Hot Dam Billy,that's very crafty!!!

How did you align the cone?LAR?
By Eye.........hehehe....Its not Glued....Gonna try a few speed runs before i glue it.....Whats LAR mean...I'm still learnin these abbrevs.....hehehe.......Billy
Old May 28, 2012, 09:55 AM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBillyFly View Post
Whats LAR mean...I'm still learnin these abbrevs.....hehehe.......Billy
Looks
About
Right

LAR
Old May 28, 2012, 01:02 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Looks
About
Right

LAR
Ah Crap...Nims....(Now it makes sense)......As you can figure...I don't do texting....I told my daughters as well as Mother...Don't text me...I don't know how...if ya wanna talk..call me.......Thanks Mopar..You young Bucks gotta keep us ole guys in touch.....Billy
Old May 29, 2012, 06:56 AM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
1,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
after almost totaling my multiplex i decided to remake her a funjet ultra with landing gear
i havent maiden her yet , im running her on a turnigy 2836 2399 kv motor for now to see how she flies , later on i might upgrade the motor depending on how well she flies with that set up . im not looking for any top speed honors with this bird i just want to see her fly again

[IMG][/IMG]
Well did it fly ?
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old May 29, 2012, 10:36 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2 Posts
I am using the mini jetapult with my stock funjet and I haven't had any problems at all. The short bungee works just fine. you don't need a long bungee unless your launching a glider. For edf launching all your power comes from the initial burst of launch, hence a longer bungee is just wasted material. If you needed higher risers your tow hook may be too far forward. I put my hooks 2/3 of the way between the nose and cg of the plane. This helps the jets climb off of the launcher. I don't use a fish scale, I walk about 10 paces out so there is good tight tension on the bungee. I hope this helps your launching, I love mine.
munchal1 is offline Find More Posts by munchal1
Old May 29, 2012, 12:20 PM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBillyFly View Post
Ah Crap...Nims....(Now it makes sense)......As you can figure...I don't do texting....I told my daughters as well as Mother...Don't text me...I don't know how...if ya wanna talk..call me.......Thanks Mopar..You young Bucks gotta keep us ole guys in touch.....Billy
Trust me Billy, I aint that young anymore !!
Old May 29, 2012, 02:16 PM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
1,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchal1 View Post
I am using the mini jetapult with my stock funjet and I haven't had any problems at all. The short bungee works just fine. you don't need a long bungee unless your launching a glider. For edf launching all your power comes from the initial burst of launch, hence a longer bungee is just wasted material. If you needed higher risers your tow hook may be too far forward. I put my hooks 2/3 of the way between the nose and cg of the plane. This helps the jets climb off of the launcher. I don't use a fish scale, I walk about 10 paces out so there is good tight tension on the bungee. I hope this helps your launching, I love mine.
Your launching the Funjet not the Funjet Ultra. You mention EDF, The Funjet is not an EDF. You cannot throttle up with the Funjet or FJU until it has left the rails and released from the hook.

I have done lots of test launches and trust me the stock Jetapult will not launch the FJU without modification. The condition of my FJU is proof, its got more GG on it than whats in a bottle. I just about have the launcher modded and perfected and will buy another FJU. The only good thing about the Jetapult is the launch pedal but it aint worth 50 bucks...........
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old May 29, 2012, 07:45 PM
Joined Jan 2006
2,376 Posts
Put a keychain cam in the nose. Amazing little cameras aren't they.

FJU, 6s 5x5 2W-30

Used a bungee as its rather heavy though not as heavy as the one with the big engine..
My Movie (3 min 19 sec)
stanordave is offline Find More Posts by stanordave