Old May 25, 2012, 11:25 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoshoe62 View Post
Heres a few more pics
After getting some medical help for my eyes, the shine burned my irisis in both eyes, I noticed some T-Rex heli-choppers in the back-ground. I have 5 myself. Which size is your fav chopper ?
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2012, 11:26 PM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphonrcu View Post
not bad for 16/x.
28-70-xxxx :d

mopar,

....you already know it is done/built.

Gryphon
:d
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:d
Old May 25, 2012, 11:37 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
snoshoe62,

I'm a day late and a Dollar short...more like 2 Dollars short.

I absolutely love the paint and its shine.....abnormally AWESOME!!!!
......is that even a phrase? (abnormally awesome)

Billy,

Don't think I didn't notice your edit on post # 5871.

Now you will really know what a MEGA howl is like.
max can be 7S/8S , not sure of 8S prop yet, but 7S and below are safe bet for great prop size....with throttle control, couple heat sinks etc.
8S max for FJ/FJU : Maybe too high voltage...To be determined/proven.

Even just 6S should get you about 170 MPH with 7" prop if everything is perfect A-Z.
Not bad for 16/X.
28-70-XXXX

Mopar,

....you already know it is done/built.

Gryphon
Howdy Gryph!!!....I'm just tickled Pink!!!!...gonna play with 6 cells for a while...then Grow up like Rim and Mopar!!!!......I'll definitely tinker with some larger cells later....Wanna get use to this puppy first for a while...

Man that red FJ is just off the Hook!!!!.....Reds and Greens are my Favorite colors...Mixed with black is just a great contrast....Its gittin so dry round here ....a hot landing may start a fire.........Billy

BY the way...I'm gonna sell a few planes so i can build up a Mega powered Fleet!!!!!!...I'm going Mega only from now on!!!!!
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Last edited by FlyBillyFly; May 25, 2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Mega will be my Choice of motors from now on!!!!!.....
Old May 25, 2012, 11:43 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
After getting some medical help for my eyes, the shine burned my irisis in both eyes, I noticed some T-Rex heli-choppers in the back-ground. I have 5 myself. Which size is your fav chopper ?
My wife is in the Eye glass industry.....Take care of your eyes Pardner.....She's always preachin to me bout them....Hope ya get fixed up fine!!!!...As fast as you fly....you need good eyes!!!!....Billy
Old May 26, 2012, 06:16 AM
Boycot Crappy CC Controllers
United States, MI, Port Huron
Joined Jun 2006
1,955 Posts
Quote:
Those helis are Trex 600 Pro and the Trex 700, The 700 is a beast for sure, but I like the 600 pro better....better power to weight ratio and being a speed freak , that thing is a rocket, and with the DFC heads seems to make the 600 unbeleivably nimble
snoshoe62 is offline Find More Posts by snoshoe62
Old May 26, 2012, 07:32 AM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,476 Posts
Billy,your going to have 1 fast FJU,I hope that being able to run more cells than 6 makes you happy!!!!!
rimripper is offline Find More Posts by rimripper
Old May 26, 2012, 09:26 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2007
250 Posts
Quote:
Heres a few more pics
Did you use just regular spray paint before coating it?
JBuck is offline Find More Posts by JBuck
Old May 26, 2012, 10:16 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBuck View Post
Did you use just regular spray paint before coating it?
I have used a few different kinds and so far everything has worked. The paint in the pic is Florescent orange rustoleum. It may orange peel on some paint, but disappears with a second coat. The turtle deck is cheap black enamal and it had a mirror finish after one coat
Old May 26, 2012, 10:18 AM
Joined Apr 2007
250 Posts
Quote:
I have used a few different kinds and so far everything has worked. The paint in the pic is Florescent orange rustoleum. It may orange peel on some paint, but disappears with a second coat. The turtle deck is cheap black enamal and it had a mirror finish after one coat
Just so you know. Imitation is the largest form if flattery.
Old May 26, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,955 Posts
and it u wanna spend alot of time to make it perfect it is easily sandable prior to recoat. I didnt do it cause the FJU life expectency isnt all that long and really ruin ur day if you crash and have all that work into it
Old May 26, 2012, 10:25 AM
Joined Apr 2007
250 Posts
Quote:
and it u wanna spend alot of time to make it perfect it is easily sandable prior to recoat. I didnt do it cause the FJU life expectency isnt all that long and really ruin ur day if you crash and have all that work into it
Great.
Thank you!
Old May 26, 2012, 10:34 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBuck View Post
Great.
Thank you!
Not a problem, glad to help
Old May 26, 2012, 12:32 PM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Those helis are Trex 600 Pro and the Trex 700, The 700 is a beast for sure, but I like the 600 pro better....better power to weight ratio and being a speed freak , that thing is a rocket, and with the DFC heads seems to make the 600 unbeleivably nimble
My 600 ESP is my favorite also !!!!
They didnt have the Pro when I got mine, or I would have gotten that. My 450 Pro is a close second, but thats just due to the simple 3s2200 or 3s2650 battery. Much easier to play all day with that than to charge the biggies
Old May 26, 2012, 01:24 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimripper View Post
Billy,your going to have 1 fast FJU,I hope that being able to run more cells than 6 makes you happy!!!!!
Thanks Rim!!!..I am one happy camper my Friend!!!...I wanted to go back to 28mm Motors....It was always fun back in the day to see my 283 and 327 give those big blocks a run for the money...I will move up in Batteries later this year i imagine....Right now i'm really happy with the 2600 and 2650 6 cells......I may keep the Scorpion HK on one..and replace the Turnegies all together....I've burnt up too many of them.....over the last 4 years....Ya'll have just Impressed me SOOOoooo much with those Megas....I know a good thing when i see it!!!!!!!...Shore glad i met most of ya'll...this is truly a very informative thread....I just can't say enough bout the help and guidance here.....Happy Memorial Day weekend to all...Billy
Old May 26, 2012, 02:46 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,955 Posts
Quote:
My 600 ESP is my favorite also !!!!
They didnt have the Pro when I got mine, or I would have gotten that. My 450 Pro is a close second, but thats just due to the simple 3s2200 or 3s2650 battery. Much easier to play all day with that than to charge the biggies
I used to have the 600 esp, the 600 pro on 12s is a whole new game, they really dont compare especially if the esp is 6s like mine was. I can probably get 100mph out of my 600 pro.