HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2012, 03:18 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineflyer1 View Post
Billy,
I have seen this on some planes. Start from the rear and work your way forward over the entire wing? Sealing the hing gaps I assume.
J
Yes Sir!!..If ya do it..you will not fly another foamie without it...I also tape the fuse as well...when your done..you'll REALLY be surprised......I do any Foam Plane I Buy......I'm going to do my Ultra as well.....I've looked mine over ..it seems pretty stout...but i may do it anyways..Its just added insurance...as well as keeps the planes from showing scuffs.......I have 3 funjets this way...also the Multiplex Dog fighter...A friend flew a Foamie this morning...snapped the wing right into......I gotta feeling after today..he'll tape his ...The wind was only blowing close to 30mph...hehe...landing was tough...there are two types of Packing tape...heavy/Light..and this i use is very Light.....Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 04:45 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,990 Posts
FBF,
Hows about posting up some pictures of your taped up planes ??
All of your FJ's for sure !!!
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old May 01, 2012, 04:55 PM
Team HeliProz
Saint Clair, MI
Joined Jan 2004
1,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoshoe62 View Post
Nice video!
RCFEVER is offline Find More Posts by RCFEVER
Old May 01, 2012, 04:59 PM
Boycot Crappy CC Controllers
United States, MI, Port Huron
Joined Jun 2006
1,955 Posts
Thanks RC, I new you would like it
snoshoe62 is offline Find More Posts by snoshoe62
Last edited by snoshoe62; May 01, 2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old May 01, 2012, 05:46 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
ready2fly.com
OK, think I've found what you're refering to, it's the vid at the top left, yes?

If it is, it's called the Ultra Z Astro. http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

A few pics, soz for wandering off topic.....

But to get us back on topic, CC Bec installed , and I only suffered 1 burn from accidently touching the 100w soldering iron. AND the weather forecast is picking up, I might get a flight in soon .

p.s. WTH does 'More than High' mean?
feefo is online now Find More Posts by feefo
Old May 01, 2012, 06:12 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,778 Posts
HET Spec sheet

Here is a spec sheet I photographed for a friend. I thought some of you might want to save it for reference.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old May 01, 2012, 06:34 PM
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,646 Posts
thats it feefo. looks like it can take 1 64mm and 2 50mm's. more power than you would ever need. one could do a lot of things with that plane. thanks for the link
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Old May 01, 2012, 08:56 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
FBF,
Hows about posting up some pictures of your taped up planes ??
All of your FJ's for sure !!!
I am truly sorry for my reply...was very tired lastnight...and i reckon i read it wrong..after a pot of Coffee this mornin....i'll git around to the pictures ..Billy
Last edited by FlyBillyFly; May 02, 2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old May 02, 2012, 07:58 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchrisgo34 View Post
thats it feefo. looks like it can take 1 64mm and 2 50mm's. more power than you would ever need. one could do a lot of things with that plane. thanks for the link
One would need some external fuel tanks for the batts to run all 3 motors.

Looks like they took away all of the room for batts
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Old May 02, 2012, 09:27 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBillyFly View Post
I am truly sorry for my reply...was very tired lastnight...and i reckon i read it wrong..after a pot of Coffee this mornin....i'll git around to the pictures ..Billy
Sorry for not gittin a few down for closeups..but Pardner..I'm Busy...just not enough hrs in the day for me ..hehe....and its kinda stressful for me to remove these from my Guide wires...I have 55 Birds hangin from 3 guide wires..did try to show my Dog Fighter...the green Camo one...it came out very sound after the tape...I allpy decals first..then apply Tape........Now headin to the well house and tearin off the roof for a re-deck..and shingles......Billy..
Old May 02, 2012, 09:52 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Sep 2004
2,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBillyFly View Post
Sorry for not gittin a few down for closeups..but Pardner..I'm Busy...just not enough hrs in the day for me ..hehe....and its kinda stressful for me to remove these from my Guide wires...I have 55 Birds hangin from 3 guide wires..did try to show my Dog Fighter...the green Camo one...it came out very sound after the tape...I allpy decals first..then apply Tape........Now headin to the well house and tearin off the roof for a re-deck..and shingles......Billy..
Looks like someone was out fishin and caught himself a whole mess of planes!

Nice fleet!
cjbucher is online now Find More Posts by cjbucher
Old May 02, 2012, 01:19 PM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,465 Posts
Very nice fleet Billy!!!
rimripper is offline Find More Posts by rimripper
Old May 02, 2012, 01:30 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,636 Posts
Thanks ...I'm not much for show and tell..was always Bashful...so i'll say awe Shucks.......I couldn't take time to give Moparmyway closeups...Mother is on me to get the honeydos all done....A happy wife is a happy life....Billy
Old May 02, 2012, 01:56 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,833 Posts
Billy,

No rush there buddy. All good.

Whenever you get around to taking a pic will be fine.

I remember for first pictures of my planes I was bashful as hell. I was thinking you can see scratches etc etc.
As they say: Don't sweat the small stuff.

More scratches the merrier......Sort of.

_____

Nice fleet by the way.

Does the wind cause a problem with the way they are hanging? If not, my brother is running out of room too. I could tell him to copy you.

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old May 02, 2012, 02:50 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,560 Posts
I had another flight today on the APC 6.5 x 6.5. Was nervous about the launch and how much it'd torque roll, but it was fine, maybe a 30 degree tilt, or something close anyway (rh wing went from 3 to 2 if you imagine a clock....), but other than that it went straight out. I'm hoping the launch on the Graupner last week was a combination of errors, mainly a bad throw and too much throttle.

The APC pulled more amps than the Graupner in flight, closer to about 78a, RPM was a bit over 21000. Motor seemed cool after landing, just under 35c/95f acording to the infrared thermometer, batteries were a little cooler by about 1 degree c or so. So I'm guessing that's good.

I need a bigger field though, this thing gobbles up sky faster than anything I've had before . Climb rate still impress me too (yes...I know I'm still using a 4s prop ). I can't get a long enough run in this field, speed runs are from 1 side only heading towards trees, the same tree's that confiscated my last FJ and then gave it to someone else, so I tend to pull up early and get away from them. Morpar suggested a 6s run to get a good reading, I'm strugglig to get 3s ATM. There is a gap in the trees in which you can go around them and come through from the back, but I haven't got the bottle....yet. I used to do it with my old FJ so I just need to get back into doing it. I'll film it someday and you'll get the idea.

Which leads me on to cams. Somewhere I've got a 808 key fob cam, but I can't find it, so I'm thinking of replacing it. Has anybody tried the sunglasses cam, I figure I'll look less of a twonk wearing them over a keyfob taped to a baseball cap. I'm thinking they'd be better as the baseball cap way is a bit hit or miss putting the cap on correctly to capture the plane in flight. So anybody tried the sunglasses cam?
feefo is online now Find More Posts by feefo