HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:24 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
Dad_Roman's Avatar
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway View Post
Yeah, I guessed at 45 Deg F since I havent the foggiest idea where Canberra really is.
Aussieland bro....summertime there right now
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:26 PM
Boycot Crappy CC Controllers
snoshoe62's Avatar
United States, MI, Port Huron
Joined Jun 2006
1,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnikee View Post
Alright, have question: I went to fly my FJU today and upon powering it up, the power-up beeps were extremely quiet, almost inaudible. Elevons work just fine, but when I went to power up the motor, it just twitched a bit and I couldn't get it to do even a single rotation. The motor and esc work fine as I have several flights on this, so I'm wondering if I just forgot a step since I havent flown in awhile, or maybe a connection is loose somewhere. What do you guys think?
I didnt catch what motor it is, but it does sound like one of the motor wires, not necessarily a connector, but if the wires are anything like HET wires they are only good for about one flex then they start to break, Id check the wires, and see if there is any part of a wire that seems weak, it does not have to be a clean break, a couple remaining strands will not be adequet to power the motor... I wish a motor wire problem was the problem with mine....see attached photo
snoshoe62 is offline Find More Posts by snoshoe62
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:09 PM
Registered User
FlyBillyFly's Avatar
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,720 Posts
Thats just not right.....Bummer Bro...Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:09 PM
Registered User
Canberra
Joined Nov 2003
59 Posts
snoshoe62
That really sux hope your up and flying again soon.

Moparmyway and Sebbe thankyou very much for that info.

Temperature yesterday was 24 deg c.
You probably know this already, Canberra is the capital of Australia. It's roughly 260km from Sydney.

Your information is correct that I turned after I passed the camera as there are trees to the right. Flight from the left was straight and level.
Will move further down the field
Will be interesting today as battery may let out the magic smoke.
Thanks again.

Battery:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._6S1P_45C.html
LOONY BOY is offline Find More Posts by LOONY BOY
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:53 PM
Boycot Crappy CC Controllers
snoshoe62's Avatar
United States, MI, Port Huron
Joined Jun 2006
1,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBillyFly View Post
Thats just not right.....Bummer Bro...Billy
Ya know the ole sayings...
Fly it like you stole it!!!
If you aint crashin you aint flying!!!!
No such thing as to fast!!!!

Its all part of the game
snoshoe62 is offline Find More Posts by snoshoe62
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:23 PM
Registered User
GryphonRCU's Avatar
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,848 Posts
snoshoe62,

Sorry to read about your crash.

I hope you will be back up in the air soon.


Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:46 PM
Registered User
gchrisgo34's Avatar
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,656 Posts
getting ready to start assembling my funjet, i guess you have to carve the decals out with a hobby knife yourself?
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:50 PM
Boycot Crappy CC Controllers
snoshoe62's Avatar
United States, MI, Port Huron
Joined Jun 2006
1,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU View Post
snoshoe62,

Sorry to read about your crash.

I hope you will be back up in the air soon.


Gryphon
Well as surprising as it was, the electronics came through unharmed other then the servo ends being ripped off when the branches stopped the wing, but didnt slow down the fuse, but I loved it, Ill be back in a month or two, count on it. Just have 2 other projects I need to finish first
snoshoe62 is offline Find More Posts by snoshoe62
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 09:33 PM
Registered User
gchrisgo34's Avatar
United States, GA, Jonesboro
Joined Nov 2010
1,656 Posts
do you have to carve out the decals with a knife? getting ready to start building mine.
gchrisgo34 is offline Find More Posts by gchrisgo34
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 09:56 PM
Registered User
FlyBillyFly's Avatar
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoshoe62 View Post
Ya know the ole sayings...
Fly it like you stole it!!!
If you aint crashin you aint flying!!!!
No such thing as to fast!!!!

Its all part of the game
Like I say to the Fellas at our field...One good thing bout these Crashes... We get to walk away and go home unscathed.......But still a Bummer......Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 03:47 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
moparmyway's Avatar
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnikee View Post
Alright, have question: I went to fly my FJU today and upon powering it up, the power-up beeps were extremely quiet, almost inaudible. Elevons work just fine, but when I went to power up the motor, it just twitched a bit and I couldn't get it to do even a single rotation. The motor and esc work fine as I have several flights on this, so I'm wondering if I just forgot a step since I havent flown in awhile, or maybe a connection is loose somewhere. What do you guys think?
What kind of motor is it Runn ?
What ESC ?
Do you have a link for eithor/both ?
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:15 AM
"The Judge"
sebbe's Avatar
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOONY BOY View Post
snoshoe62
That really sux hope your up and flying again soon.

Moparmyway and Sebbe thankyou very much for that info.

Temperature yesterday was 24 deg c.
You probably know this already, Canberra is the capital of Australia. It's roughly 260km from Sydney.

Your information is correct that I turned after I passed the camera as there are trees to the right. Flight from the left was straight and level.
Will move further down the field
Will be interesting today as battery may let out the magic smoke.
Thanks again.

Battery:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._6S1P_45C.html
Hehe, my prediction about your turn was right after the pass, I have good hearings ..

OK, if its straight and level, and temp 24 degrees celclius, then you have a clean 190-191 mph run....

Great !!

Good luck with the other prop, dont burn the lipos


EDIT: Change those lipo, and maybee you will see 200mph....
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:19 AM
"The Judge"
sebbe's Avatar
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,813 Posts
By the way. is there any chance someone can measure the actual KV of the SK 1900 motor ? There was some talking it was slight higher then 1900kv, I would like to know..
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:37 AM
Registered User
Canberra
Joined Nov 2003
59 Posts
Todays flights were great the cut down Aeronaut 7x7 to 6.5x7 really did unload and looked a deal faster than the 6.5x6.5. Also sounds great.

I fly in a park, surprised no one has complained about the noise.
Guess 1min flight times are too short for any body to care.

Have video but quality is terrible, Sorry.
Will do it again next weekend.

Anyone know the ins and outs of video cams, is it possible to get something around the $300 dollar mark that works.
LOONY BOY is offline Find More Posts by LOONY BOY
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:42 AM
"The Judge"
sebbe's Avatar
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOONY BOY View Post
Todays flights were great the cut down Aeronaut 7x7 to 6.5x7 really did unload and looked a deal faster than the 6.5x6.5. Also sounds great.

I fly in a park, surprised no one has complained about the noise.
Guess 1min flight times are too short for any body to care.

Have video but quality is terrible, Sorry.
Will do it again next weekend.

Anyone know the ins and outs of video cams, is it possible to get something around the $300 dollar mark that works.
Ok, sounds nice to hear it looks faster ...

Is the cutdown prop this one:http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=2136

Any picture of the cutdown prop?


I found an interesting test: http://aerotrash.over-blog.com/artic...-96302052.html
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Funjet Ultra, more fast more fun.... tbmg1 FPV Talk 34 Jul 28, 2010 08:36 AM
Discussion Muliplex EasyStar WBFlyer FPV Talk 9 Mar 10, 2010 03:09 PM
Sold muliplex ASW 27 NIB bushpilotx1 Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 7 Aug 31, 2009 05:41 PM
Question Muliplex Alpha Junior Radio Instalation Allan Glover Sailplane Talk 3 Apr 09, 2004 01:37 AM
Muliplex MultiCharger 4010DC - is mine faulty ? borgs Batteries and Chargers 0 Jul 12, 2003 07:01 AM