HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2010, 09:48 PM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT View Post
Noooooooo!! Tower now states that the estimated date of arrival for the funjet is "late October".

Is there any of website that sells it, even if it's not in the U.S.?
Yes Jurgen has posted some links before about where to buy the funjet Ultra overseas. I was going to a few months back, but have had too many projects going on. Tower keeps pushing the date back and back. Its gonna be pushed back so far, that it will be WINTER TIME! SOON! and i'll be freezing my a** off once again in chicago. No point buying it now.

casey
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:28 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
4,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeWingRC View Post
Yes Jurgen has posted some links before about where to buy the funjet Ultra overseas. I was going to a few months back, but have had too many projects going on. Tower keeps pushing the date back and back. Its gonna be pushed back so far, that it will be WINTER TIME! SOON! and i'll be freezing my a** off once again in chicago. No point buying it now.

casey
Okay, thanks. I'll try lookin for the threads your speaking of. I know how you feel with time. My time to fly is getting smaller because I'm becoming more busy. I'd like to build this jet in the next two weeks.
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Old Sep 14, 2010, 05:36 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,673 Posts
Ultra

Just got pushed back to the end of October.

I believe I called Late November, we shall see.
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Sep 14, 2010, 09:42 PM
Joined Oct 2007
2,370 Posts
ok for those of you that want the FUNJET ULTRA now! And don't want to wait for the U.S. shipment.

Ive found they ship to everywhere and its not bad on shipping. Check it out. 84.96 euros = 110.00 us dollars shipped! with the fastest shipping.
!
I think this is one of the links Jurgen posted a long time ago.

http://www.modelspot.com/funjet-ultr...gain-739-p.asp
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:19 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,619 Posts
Excellent, I'm all over it! Thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2010, 11:35 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,619 Posts
Hmm...it actually looks like the cost is 130 USD because it's in GBP not Euros.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 09:50 PM
Joined Oct 2007
2,370 Posts
130? i clicked checkout and it gave me 110.00 hmmm....well anywho its 110.00 on my computer and thats not more than what towerhobbies will charge.

casey
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:22 AM
Joined Aug 2008
4,619 Posts
Haha. You going to get it?!!
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:28 AM
Joined Oct 2007
2,370 Posts
I might but im going on vacation to Las Vegas for my birthday for a week so money right now is tight. If i buy it now..fall is coming so i would only have a few weeks before the temps drop to cold. I hate flying in the cold.

casey
Old Sep 17, 2010, 11:21 AM
Joined Aug 2008
4,619 Posts
Yeah, I could only imagine flying in freezing temps. I don't have to deal with that and I can't stand flying when my hands are cold haha. I give people a lot of credit who live in harsh winter weather states.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 02:59 PM
Long-Time Member
Cologne, Germany
Joined Dec 1996
2,394 Posts
As seen at Jet Power 2010, I kind of like what Lambert Microturbines has done to modify the FunJet—and, of course, the FunJet Ultra.
James Frolik is offline Find More Posts by James Frolik
Last edited by James Frolik; Sep 19, 2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 03:19 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
If you buy straight from China, you will most likely find cheaper components, but I have not given them much thought - except buying a 2900kV outrunner and an 85A ESC from Turnigy (which i have not tested yet).

The efficiency of the recommended drive set is approx. 65% at 900W and the Graupner Speed 6x5.5" suits the FJ very well with that drive.

For comparison, I will most likely use a 4S Mega 16/15/2 setup with a CC 75 ICE ESC. This will not be cheaper, but actually more expensive than the recommended drive set.

Jürgen
Hi Jürgen, So is the Mega 16/15/2, CC75 ICE ESC, and Graupner Speed 6x5.5 the ultimate setup for the FJ Ultra?

I saw the FJ Ultra fly this weekend at the NEAT Fair (USA) and can't wait to get one. Just trying to select the best electronics and prop for it. I can't say I'm looking the max speed possible, but a good balance.
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Sep 19, 2010, 03:42 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,818 Posts
James Frolik,

What are those small round objects on left and right side of the turbine (at the trailing edge) ?

Thank you in advance.

PeteB,

Ultimate setup depends on how much power you want and how much battery weight you like to carry.

A high power electric can fly just as fast as the turbine you see in the pic above....some people would say even a good deal faster (but would require a lot of battery weight).

MEGA makes up to 16/40/X and they are flown in the 2000W-3000W range.

Several other manufacturers also have good motors.

So figure out how fast you want to fly, your budget etc...then figure out or ask what the ultimate setup would be.

One person's ultimate setup is not going to be next person's ultimate setup.

130, 150, 170, 200, 200+ MPH ??? ( I did see your comment that you do not want max speed )

Have fun,

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Sep 19, 2010, 04:16 PM
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
2,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Frolik View Post
As seen at Jet Power 2010, I kind of like what Lambert Microturbines has done to modify the FunJet—and, or course, the FunJet Ultra.
Have you any pictures or specifications of the Lambert powered Funjet Ultra please?
Ben D Wing is offline Find More Posts by Ben D Wing
Old Sep 19, 2010, 05:01 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,673 Posts
Does anyone know yet how much speed the Stock Ultra airframe can take without structural mods?

I found the original Funjet to be good up to 115mph without modifications. Probably faster with a setup closer to recommended weight?

I plan on using a 4S 3300mah 40C at most.
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123