HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2010, 08:39 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1 Posts
Discussion
Sky Surfer

I just got my skysurfer a few days ago. I put it together but have a problem. I can't get ther transmitter to "bind" (i guess) to the reciever. I turn the transmitter on, then plug the battery into the plane and instead of three or 4 normal beeps, it makes one weird one and the Alerions go crazy! Any Ideas from anyone? Got it from BH. Thanks!!
nickwayne11c is offline Find More Posts by nickwayne11c
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:51 AM
WARNING: May contain spam
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
20,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwayne11c View Post
Got it from BH.
My guess is junk radio/receiver combo..
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Mar 27, 2010, 11:49 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jun 2009
270 Posts
Bind Instructions

Did you get any bind instructions with the kit? There should be a small plug that you use to short out one channel of the reciever while the bind button on the TX is pressed in. I will try to find mine here and post for you.

sd
scottd9990 is offline Find More Posts by scottd9990
Old Apr 05, 2010, 11:54 PM
Joined May 2004
23 Posts
Look and see if there is a button on the receiver. Its kind of small.
Turn on the transmitter first.
Connect wire from ESC to receiver.
Connect Battery to ESC
Press small button on top of the receiver and wait for it to bind.
Takes about 30 secs.

Warren Lee

Quote:
I just got my skysurfer a few days ago. I put it together but have a problem. I can't get ther transmitter to "bind" (i guess) to the reciever. I turn the transmitter on, then plug the battery into the plane and instead of three or 4 normal beeps, it makes one weird one and the Alerions go crazy! Any Ideas from anyone? Got it from BH. Thanks!!
offgridman is offline Find More Posts by offgridman
Old May 08, 2010, 01:05 PM
Parma, Ohio
Joined May 2010
285 Posts
Quote:
Sounds like the ESC might need programming. Make sure your throttle is all the way down also. But would definitely post this to BH support forum to get definite answer
Ron RC is offline Find More Posts by Ron RC
Old Sep 11, 2010, 04:46 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3 Posts
when i conrct the batry a beep continue all the time a beep, beep, beep........ no other action what i have to do?
Germanjr is offline Find More Posts by Germanjr
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:41 AM
Joined Dec 2010
1 Posts
Germanjr, I'm having the exact same issue. Not sure why they don't include any Trouble shooting hints with the Sky Surfer model. When I connect the batter after turning on the Transmitter all I get is beeps. Some of the servos move but just beeps and no reaction to anything from the TX. I wish someone from BH would post on this. I'm calling their tech support shortly and will let you know how that goes.
bfrock is offline Find More Posts by bfrock
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:09 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2 Posts
I have exact same problem/issue.---what did u learn---help
GMAN44 is offline Find More Posts by GMAN44
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:21 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2 Posts
Exact same problem bfrock--did u find solution ??
GMAN44 is offline Find More Posts by GMAN44
Old Jan 28, 2011, 07:45 PM
Fly'em Low & Slow
Joined Jan 2011
1 Posts
This YouTube video shows the proper way to bind your BH Tx and Rx. It worked for me!
SkySport MC6DF Final DVD (6 min 41 sec)
BIRDDOG44 is offline Find More Posts by BIRDDOG44
Old Mar 25, 2011, 09:10 AM
Germany, BW, B÷blingen
Joined Mar 2011
21 Posts
Beep, Beep, Beep

Make sure your ESC and servos are connected properly to the RCVR. The number sticker should point down for all of them.
ScottyDz is offline Find More Posts by ScottyDz
Old Aug 01, 2011, 06:22 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,601 Posts
Continuous Beeping

I also had the issue with continuous beeping after I had bound my transmitter to the receiver. I did not realize that both my throttle and the trim control where not fully in the off position. Once made sure they were I had full control of all the servos and motor.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Aug 14, 2011, 06:14 PM
Joined Aug 2011
3 Posts
sky surfer cuts out

I just flew my sky surfer the other day (1st time),,,,,motor keeps cutting out and resulted in a crash..This happened on the bench the other day also. No help from Banana Hobby. has the Bixler had these problems? looks like Bixler, Surfer,and Hawk sky etc... comes from the same mfg. company and is re branded.

looks like surfer is only good for parts or converting to brushless

doug
godtar is offline Find More Posts by godtar
Old Sep 14, 2011, 09:45 AM
United States, HI, Maui
Joined Aug 2011
184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
I also had the issue with continuous beeping after I had bound my transmitter to the receiver. I did not realize that both my throttle and the trim control where not fully in the off position. Once made sure they were I had full control of all the servos and motor.
The continuous beep may indicate that you are in programming mode for the ESC. If you can identify the brand, see if you can download the instructions that will tell you how to program the ESC. Also make sure that your transmitter is communicating by ensuring that the ESC is plugged into the Throttle pins on the receiver, otherwise you can't progress with the programming.

As far as problems with the motor cutting out, never had a problem with my Bixler, aka SS. Using stock motor, Supertiger 30A esc, 2200 mah lipo battery, orange receiver.
Mokulele808 is offline Find More Posts by Mokulele808
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:54 AM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,516 Posts
Check out this thread.... 10,000+ posts on the SS/Bix

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1231310
jrjr is offline Find More Posts by jrjr