SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: What type of Warbird do you prefer to Fly?
Large Gas powered 0 0%
Nitro powered 1 20.00%
Electric Powered 2 40.00%
Parkflyer electric powered 2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 14, 2010, 08:29 AM
RadioBirdman
Atlanta, GA
Joined Nov 2008
13 Posts
Discussion
Warbirds over Atlanta 2010

Warbirds over Atlata 2010 is happening on September 3 and 4 at the Georgia Model Aviators (GMA) field. Located north of Atlanta, Warbirds over Atlanta is a premier warbirds event. Last year we had over 75 pilots and 3000-5000 spectators. Fun was had by all! Come fly with us and show off your Military Aircraft. Only requirement is functioning landing gear. For more info, go to http://www.gmarc.com/Warbirds2010/.
RadioBirdman is offline Find More Posts by RadioBirdman
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2010, 09:49 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,741 Posts
I am very excited about this event; I cant be the only one!
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Boom Smoke!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 07:09 AM
Powder Springs, GA
Joined Oct 2008
341 Posts
It could be interesting. I have never been over to GMA as it is a significant drive over there.
I Marauderer is online now Find More Posts by I Marauderer
Old Apr 30, 2010, 07:45 AM
RadioBirdman
Atlanta, GA
Joined Nov 2008
13 Posts
Drive from Powder springs

Hey guys, not a significant drive to GMA, maybe 1-11/2 hrs, depending upon ATL traffic (maybee 3 for that matter), Look forward to having you guys come. Preregistration is open, GMARC.COM/Warbirds 2010
Old May 14, 2010, 02:56 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,741 Posts
I would love to say I will definately be there; however I said that for the last 2 major events and had to back out (SEFF & Joe Nall).

I am going to do my best to be there with at least my F-35 tv jet. Unfortunately, I have destroyed or sold all my other WWI and WWII planes

Lets see if we can recap some of the losses:

Sopwith Camel
P-38 Lightning (two of them) lost to crashing
P-47 D lost to crashing, i did not check direction of elevator
T-28 sold
F6F Hellcat sold
F-22 lost to dumb pilot, i did not check direction of elevator I cant believe I did that again!
p-51 (two of them, different sizes) sold and sold

ouch... there were a few more... I better get building...

What is everyone planning on bringing? I am very excited to see some quality giant scale warbirds

BB
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 01, 2010, 03:16 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2008
3,789 Posts
What do you mean by Functioning landing gear? Retracts ? or just that it has to have landing gear.
bigmoebbq is online now Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old Sep 02, 2010, 06:09 AM
RadioBirdman
Atlanta, GA
Joined Nov 2008
13 Posts
Just functioning landing gear, retracts are great if you have them, but not necessary.
Old Sep 02, 2010, 03:28 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,741 Posts
Hey Radio,

Someone made a comment in the Atlanta RC section and I just wanted to clarify:

This event will be open to all military aircraft, from all theaters of war, from every generation, correct? I expect to see some big WWI bipes, some WWII heavy metal, and some modern jets! I just wanted to clarify before I bring up my F-16 (with LG!)... Thanks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 03, 2010, 05:20 AM
RadioBirdman
Atlanta, GA
Joined Nov 2008
13 Posts
You are correct sir! Shoot, a parkzone p-51 is great for this event! We have some turbine jets coming (Craig Gotxxzxangs (never can get it right) A-10, twin turbine), I personally fly EDF's, F-104, F-4, F-86, F-16, XB-70. These are warbirds to the kids today. Actually, these are the planes that grandpa flew in Vietnam (that makes me feel old!). Today's warbirds are F-16's, F-15's, F-22"s, F-35's, and I had a 14 year old tell me "What about the predator?". Bring your F-16, We are going to have great fun!
Old Sep 03, 2010, 11:30 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,741 Posts
I thought I would be in good company... but must admit, I am a bit traditional when I think of military aviation and the term "warbirds" does give me the imagry of WWII heavy metal birds.

Very excited! I am going to try to maiden it tonight or tomorrow morning at the local field before I come up... If you see it in one piece, it was successful or I did not fly it! Look for the HL Super Scale F-16 in the Tiger Falcon scheme
RCG Plus Member