HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:58 PM View Post
etm10001
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread). Show it to me anyway.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:03 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Hi Curtis ,

I appreciate you follow up message , and dont blame you for not caving in to the "i'll flame you all over the internet" crap . I sure well know that people can get awfull indignant when they think they are right , or are trying to bluster their way out of the financial loss of crashing a plane that they were probablly in over their heads with anyway . Your three posts to me have displayed an honesty that Im really happy to see , it sure does seem like you "call em as you see em" , and ive gained a newfound respect for you and your company .

Thank You for your patient answers to me
init4fun is offline Find More Posts by init4fun
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:09 PM View Post
etm10001
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread). Show it to me anyway.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
For Sure !!! Us who live in the Northeast are always seen as "Fast talkin yankees" by a majority of the other people , , and so maybe we ARE a bit "high intensity" at times , , , But your call em like you see em mentality IS welcome here with me .

Really , Thank You again for putting another side to the "bash ET" threads that are printed here , , and It makes me wish you wernt banned , so you could address each of these complaints personally . Ive always beleived it aint fair to down someone who cant reply , and your replys tonight have certainly opened my eyes to "The Rest of the Story"

Have a great night , and Happy Flying
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:44 PM View Post
etm10001
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Obnoxious behavior). Show it to me anyway.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Hello one and all ,

Well , I'm only gonna bump this thread this one more time , because I'd like to Thank Curtis for taking his time to come here , to RCG , which , we all know does not welcome him , to clear up things being said negativly about him by people who , by all accounts , have never even bought product from him !

I'll freely admit , I WAS drawn in by the tale of DW Crash and the jet , and had just taken the only side I read and had access to as correct . Curtis' patience with not attacking ME for asking , but instead attacking the SITUATION i was asking him about , is what won me over in about a post and a half . I've NEVER asked for clarification on matters of other retailers without myself being branded an "LTUP troll gone walkabout" or other such nonsense , and to have Curtis present his side in the proffesional manner he did was beyond great to me .

I now see the "Rest of The Story" with regards to Curtis , and i'm happy to know he's just like the rest of us , in that he'll strongly defend his name against unwarrented slams . I see his posts have been deleted from this thread , which is too bad , because they show the guy to be reasonable when approached in a reasonable manner . He owed me no explainatios , and yet provided a most adaquate one , without slamming me in the process . This man OWNS a business worth defending , hes not just some fan of the business on a crusade to crush every negative word spoken about it , and so I dont blame him for tryin to set the record straight .

I hope everyone thinks about this before they throw the next rock at the next store window ....... the shopowner MAY just be Human , , , , and may just have a valid side as well .

Thank You and Happy Flying
Old Jul 19, 2011, 03:08 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,281 Posts
deleted
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Last edited by mike2663; Jul 29, 2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 03:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
He thinks you are an alter ego (the cute litte phrase is "sock puppet," which makes me gag.)
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:34 AM
Avoid The Ground!
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Sep 2008
1,058 Posts
Drama.... Makes this hobby soo ugly.
Flexserve is offline Find More Posts by Flexserve
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:59 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,281 Posts
My Posts from this thread have been deleted by me due to personal reasons.
Mike
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:19 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teha99 View Post
Ya nitroplanes has great cheap planes and definitely have good customer service.
Hear Hear!

Nitro has a very good selection, inexpensive planes, and has a REAL warehouse in the Los Angeles California area. Never had an issue with them and over the years, I would estimate $3,000.00 - $5,000.00 in purchases from them without an issue.

Gambler
RCGambler is offline Find More Posts by RCGambler
Old Dec 22, 2011, 10:28 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
266 Posts
I notice the easytiger site still up and taking orders. Some other guy reported that he paid $13,000.00 for planes and only received broken parts.

Easytiger *SEEMS* to have some very nice offerings ... to good to be true at the price! I was looking at their large scale Spitfire but now...

So what is the deal? Who are they getting their planes from in China? Maybe deal with the source instead?

Gambler
RCGambler is offline Find More Posts by RCGambler
Old Dec 23, 2011, 04:22 AM
BillyG master daehrekcep
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,906 Posts
ETM is no different from any other online vendor selling imported stuff. I don't think ETM will be doing anything other than being up and running. It's an established online shop and like them all they will have regular customers that love them and others that don't. Are any of them good? If it works for you then great, if it doesn't It's endless, circular and always will be.

I suspect ETM gets their stuff direct from the manufacturers just like all the other established online stores. I suspect the owner visits these Manufacturers just like all the main players do. I suspect he does his best to read between the lines of what the manufacturers say and he probably does business in good faith with the best intentions.

There is always a customer that will have a problem with a vendor they use eventually, To think otherwaise is probably naive. Sometimes we will hear the whole story and sometimes we will hear the abreviated version thrown out to favour a particular side of the argument.

Just because Curtis the owner was banned from here doesn't make his store any different or any less likely to suffer from the same occasional "glitch". Just as him constantly coming back under new accounts probably doesn't reflect on how well or poorly his store performs. I suspect most of the time the glitches are out of the stores and store owners control. Promises from Manufacturers that fall short etc.

If any established vendor has something that gets the "ohhh shiney" bug going then all I can say is go for it having taken most of what is said on forums about vendors with a grain of salt.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Dec 26, 2011, 07:09 PM
Cowboy of the skys
United States, Mt, Whitefish
Joined Oct 2010
1,111 Posts
Curtis if your listening to this thred. you owe me a a1 skyraider ......i pre ordered it from you and said i would have it in 7 to 10 days. and ive talked with you 4 times over the summer and look no airplane and this is 7months ago
warbird_cowboy is offline Find More Posts by warbird_cowboy
Old Dec 26, 2011, 09:18 PM
United States, MS
Joined Jul 2010
260 Posts
I took a gamble with ETM also recently and will not ever use them again. I don't like being lied to.
Downsouth is offline Find More Posts by Downsouth
Closed Thread