Closed Thread
Old Jun 27, 2011, 03:58 PM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer vtwin View Post
dont get thru easytiger ,hobby king has the same plane different color about a hundred dollars less thats where i got mine from and i love mine
That thing is a dinky little piece of junk......It's inexpensive for a reason and the reason is not quality.
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2011, 04:23 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpin View Post
The initial post on this thread is dated Mar 2010. That's more than a year ago so how does it wind up here at the top of this section? Is someone playing around?
When someone post a replies it move to the top,
Mike
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Jun 27, 2011, 08:37 PM View Post
williamwalton
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while williamwalton edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 08:43 PM View Post
williamwalton
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while williamwalton edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 08:44 PM View Post
williamwalton
Old Jun 27, 2011, 09:27 PM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,430 Posts
I ordered the B-17 on Sunday the 19th and got it today -- no issues!

No apparent shipping damage; haven't had everything out yet.

For now a happy camper!
jrb is offline Find More Posts by jrb
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:01 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodatbflyin View Post
troybuiltmodels.com also sells the big dauntless...again nothing unique about ETM products. Have never dealt with troybuilt but I'll try them before I will ever consider ETM again...NOT (consider ETM I mean).

There is also a current build thread in the Warbirds forum with recent flight videos.
WOW! Those two planes are not even close! No comparison. What do you do? Just look at pictures and spout off nonsense? Almost 30" in wingspan difference. And as for TroyBuiltModels. They used to be the authorized dealer for the US for the ESM planes but they claim that the ratio from damaged to undamaged planes was almost greater than 1:1. I bought my giant scale T-28 from them. ESM claims that its epoxy resin. Pffft. Not even close. I'm getting hair line cracks just for its own weight being sat on a airplane stand. They talk about fabric as the skin of the wing. Nope. Its just clear monokote that has been painted and then cleared. Nothing wrong with that, but its not what they advertise. I was also missing parts of my ESM T-28 and it took 8 months to get those and I wasn't even able to get them from Troy Built. WHy? Because they were no longer the distributor for the ESM planes. ARF-Pros is now the authorized carrier of those planes. They picked up where TroyBuilt dropped the ball. While they seem like a great price, you truly get what you pay for. They are no true ARF! They took a lot of mods to get it into flying condition.

I have no experience with Easytigers giant scale stuff so I can't comment on its quality.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:24 PM
Tampa, FL
Joined Aug 2010
68 Posts
WOW Skyline! I clearly struck a nerve. I stand corrected on the size of the model but what other nonsense did I spout?
I merely stated they too offer a dauntless nor did I state further opinion about TBM beyond the fact that I have never dealt with them. I have dealt with ETM once and will not again...it was not a question of the quality of whatever they are carrying, it, like the rest of this thread, is about ETM's poor customer service
I do thank you for your candid opinion and knowledge about TBM and the ESM brand...very worthwhile info for the pocket.
Whodatbflyin is offline Find More Posts by Whodatbflyin
Old Jun 30, 2011, 07:16 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,264 Posts
All I'm trying to say is you can't just throw out names of other companies and say that they have the same plane when its clear that its not. Also again, while ESM looks nice, they have major issues with their planes. Just be careful when getting them. Would I get another? Heck yes, but only because I know what to expect from them. As for ETM, his giant scale ARF's might seem priced a little high to those that don't know anything about ARF's but in reality those prices (if one could afford it) are pretty low for what you get. And I've never ever heard or read anything negative about his giant scale planes.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 08:35 PM
Tampa, FL
Joined Aug 2010
68 Posts
And I was trying to say is that there are alternative companies that offer an alternative model...perhaps I should have stated "a big dauntless" vice "the big dauntless" as clearly to be understood by those more passionate...so I make 1 mistake. But going back to the main point, I have not seen any concern, nor do I question the quality of the models ETM carries. Hell, I would have liked to be a return customer had I not had a bad experience with him. After my own experience and reading about others' experience, I avoid ETM. He has good models but am sure there are alternatives to my liking elsewhere. There have just been too many complaints about his business practices and courtesy (or lack thereof).
Old Jun 30, 2011, 08:52 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,264 Posts
I've got nothing against you for how you feel. Heck, I feel that same way with lots of companies. LOL. I was just setting the record that what ETM carries is different than the other companies. If you have a beef with him thats your right.
Last edited by SkylineFlyer; Jun 30, 2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 09:38 PM
Tampa, FL
Joined Aug 2010
68 Posts
I no longer have a beef with ETM. That was resolved when I received my item after a PP complaint and 2 months of waiting...compared to others' stories, I was more lucky than others.

What is interesting to watch is the current A1 Skyraider threads...same plane offered pre-order by ETM, HobbyShopWarehouse, RCWarez, and Banana Hobby. Let's not talk quality of the plane here but instead who will be able to deliver to their customers first? Honestly, aren't you bit anxious to see the outcome
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:03 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodatbflyin View Post
I no longer have a beef with ETM. That was resolved when I received my item after a PP complaint and 2 months of waiting...compared to others' stories, I was more lucky than others.

What is interesting to watch is the current A1 Skyraider threads...same plane offered pre-order by ETM, HobbyShopWarehouse, RCWarez, and Banana Hobby. Let's not talk quality of the plane here but instead who will be able to deliver to their customers first? Honestly, aren't you bit anxious to see the outcome
I am! I never heard of RCWarez until a few weeks ago. It seems like they are taking the nation by storm. I hope HSW falls flat on their face, but I hope that any unsuspecting customers of theirs gets their money back. I hope ETM can provide better customer service than some of these reports have shown. And well, BH, what do you know, once again, they seem to have bought their way into having the first demo flight video, yet their customer service seems to be on par with HSW. I just hope everyone that bought one, regardless of where they bought it either get thier plane or their money back if they are stood up.
Old Jul 01, 2011, 12:39 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamwalton View Post
As I see new members showing up to bash, also. I'm not forum-stupid, I have participated on other boards for other subjects, I know that a good portion of people bashing are paid employees of other companies, or people paid with products or discounts, and I suspect that is a lot of what is going on here.
Don't accuse me of being a "sock puppet", boards can trace where people are from, and I don't appreciate the accusation. You are a stranger to me, you have no right to accuse. And I am guessing you never ordered anything from Easy Tiger Models either, so why are you even speaking here? It's just more gossip.
I have had the bad experience of reading here that "you can get the exact plane from Hobby King for less" and then getting an Art-Tech Mig-15 that was useless junk, it had all garbage Hobby King components in it, it was poorly assembled, too, and it was a waste of money, unlike the one I got from Banana Hobbies, which flew fine. The junk I have bought from Hobby King has been just that, junk, and the customer service is non-existent. So don't go telling me all these planes are the same, they are not.
The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks!
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Jul 01, 2011, 06:21 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,065 Posts
Funny the same Skyraider and all the rest of these planes all being sold by different vendors all claiming it's there design and exclusively available though them.
Mike
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Closed Thread