Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,445 Posts
Hi guys!

What's the latest?

Saw this (
http://easytigermodels.com/index.php...roducts_id=270

); but, remebered this thread -- UGH!

Any other reports of folks being ripped off by this company?

TIA,

Jim
jrb is offline Find More Posts by jrb
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:29 PM
birmingham Al.
Joined Aug 2005
1,187 Posts
dont get thru easytiger ,hobby king has the same plane different color about a hundred dollars less thats where i got mine from and i love mine
killer vtwin is online now Find More Posts by killer vtwin
Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:41 PM
Tampa, FL
Joined Aug 2010
68 Posts
Had one experience with this company last summer and I won't do it again...took almost 2 months to get my product but only after I opened a PayPal complaint...vendor was unresponsive at first but after PayPal complaint was opened, he was finally responsive. Very responsive to ask me to close out the complaint the moment I notified him I got my product!
Whodatbflyin is offline Find More Posts by Whodatbflyin
Old Jun 18, 2011, 09:26 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,970 Posts
The owner Curtis is a controversial character around here... he has a very short temper and can be pretty vindictive with how he interacts with people who aren't happy with his service and/or his competitors...

..that said, I have never gotten the impression that he was dishonest.

Sounds like people have had problems but there are two sides to these stories.

My guess is that it's as much of a gamble as ordering from any non-mainstream vendor (like Hobbby-Lobby, Tower Hobbies, etc.) . I would consider ordering from him at some point.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Jun 18, 2011, 02:46 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1 Posts
easytigermodels

Hello RC Flyers. Just a FYI for you. I ordered a large scale Spitfire from Curtis at easytigermodels on January 8, 2011, and as of today, June 18,2011, have not received anything except that I will be getting it about every week since February, 2011. Had to have my Banks Credit Card fraud division go after my money. Remember, there is 2 sides to every story and I think you just heard both of them. Again, I ordered this plane in January, and have not received anything and it is June. Good luck doing business with this company.
waptheflyer is offline Find More Posts by waptheflyer
Old Jun 18, 2011, 03:31 PM
EDF Addict
Wisconsin
Joined Aug 2005
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb View Post
Hi guys!

What's the latest?

Saw this (

TIA,

Jim
I ordered that exact B-17 on 6/4. I received a USPS Express International tracking number on 6/11 indicating that my B-17 shipped out from China. Mailman was knocking on my door with a BIG box on 6/16.

I had a little shipping damage....I think someone threw the box off a cliff during shipping. The packaging was good but 1 corner of the box was crushed in pretty bad. Had some damage to 1 wing root area and the nose...... luckily the epo foam is forgiving and with a little hot water and reshaping/re-gluing the nose area the damage is not too noticeable. This is definitely not the fault of Easytiger models though...... the packaging should have been adequate.

I think it's a really great looking plane, and everything is there and working good. I have it almost complete, there is minimal assembly...... maiden will be a while though till I find some time to get back into practice with some of my other planes first. I would like to get a better measurement for CG....... the manual says 15"-18" that's quite a large range if you ask me?

I too was leery about ordering from easytiger because of my one and only order a couple of years ago..... I kept getting story after story as to why my order was taking almost 1 month to get from New York to Wisconsin...... it finally did arrive about a month after easytiger gave me the tracking # and told me it was shipped from New York......Anyways, this B-17 made me try again and I was pleasantly surprised.
huggett is offline Find More Posts by huggett
Old Jun 18, 2011, 03:33 PM
EDF Addict
Wisconsin
Joined Aug 2005
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer vtwin View Post
dont get thru easytiger ,hobby king has the same plane different color about a hundred dollars less thats where i got mine from and i love mine
That link shows a 72" wins span b-17.......Hobby King does not have this one
Old Jun 18, 2011, 03:50 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,486 Posts
deleted
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Last edited by Joe 1320; Aug 06, 2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 04:55 PM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,445 Posts
Silver or green huggett?

Is the price inclusive of shipping?

Are you doing a build thread anywhere; can you send me photos?
jrb is offline Find More Posts by jrb
Old Jun 18, 2011, 08:43 PM
EDF Addict
Wisconsin
Joined Aug 2005
649 Posts
Quote:
Silver or green huggett?

Is the price inclusive of shipping?

Are you doing a build thread anywhere; can you send me photos?

I got the silver...... shipping was $36...... No, I didn't do a build thread, it looks just like the photos on his website. It's a bit pricey but I couldn't resist.

FYI...... it's a bit hard to tell from the photos on Easytiger.com but the nose art is Liberty Bell..... the real "Liberty Bell" had an emergency landing in a field just this past week and burned up pretty bad.

I am in no way endorsing easytiger, I am well aware of all the bad press on him. As I stated, my previous one and only order from him was a bit frustrating and I swore I wouldn't order from him again, but this order went well. I only had a bit of shipping damage which is unfortunate but I can live with it.

Here are a couple of higher resolution pics that I found of the 72" B-17
Last edited by huggett; Jun 18, 2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 09:04 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,251 Posts
deleted
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Last edited by mike2663; Jul 29, 2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 12:56 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,004 Posts
Quote:
Hi guys!

What's the latest?

Saw this (

TIA,

Jim
Easy Tiger sell the HC Hobby DH-98 Mosquito. This is the same plane that Hobbyking sell, but Easy claim that their version has upgraded motors and ESC (35amp as opposed to HK's 30amp). But when a RCG member crashed his Easy Tiger Mossie, he examined the ESC and found they were 30amp and not the 35amp that the vendor claimed!

I would say they are to be avoided.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Jun 19, 2011, 04:35 PM
T-28C, Extra 300, Beast UMX
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
529 Posts
Why is this not in the vendor section? These discussions belong there, not here.
GimpyPilot is offline Find More Posts by GimpyPilot
Old Jun 19, 2011, 06:23 PM
birmingham Al.
Joined Aug 2005
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpyPilot View Post
Why is this not in the vendor section? These discussions belong there, not here.
so what if its in here as long as poeple see it ,mybe folks dont like the vendor section who cares
killer vtwin is online now Find More Posts by killer vtwin
Old Jun 19, 2011, 07:17 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpyPilot View Post
deleted
mike2663 is online now Find More Posts by mike2663
Last edited by mike2663; Jul 29, 2011 at 10:41 AM.
Closed Thread