SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:51 PM
United States, OK, Catoosa
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
The thing is, he would threaten guys with giving them negative feedback, if they give him negative feedback. I'm guilty of this as an ex ebayer, giving someone positive feedback when they should have been given a negative, because I did not want negative feedback. Why do you think he got KICKED off ebay? Because sleazy tiger is a fraud!
Sites is offline Find More Posts by Sites
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:56 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying View Post
Never ordered anything from the site but this... along with the insane amount of other bad reviews pretty much sums up why I wont buy from there...
One of the common responses from him and his friends is that it's somehow inappropriate to say anything about him unless you've made a purchase. I would disagree.

I did recently see his RCU feedback and there were over 100 transactions I believe, and only 4 were negative. I'll be honest, I was surprised at his response to the negs. In once case he said the mistake was on his part, and in the others the response was calm, professional, and what you would expect from a reasonable person. And those were from mid 2011 or even late, I'd have to go back and check.

If that was the way it was always done I think there would be a different perception about him, from anyone, customer or not.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:00 PM
Keep calm and don't blink
Hamilton, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2005
2,020 Posts
Yes, I read those too and thought Curtis must have been taking his happy pills.
Here's his report on the Neat fair - perhaps he has turned over a new leaf?

"We had a BLAST. Nice people, nice weather, tons of flying, and we sold out
pretty much everything we brought, and it was a big truck, too!

Here are some videos, of people who are better pilots than me, flying our
planes:

The Fokker DVIII
MONSTER SCALE FOKKER D8 AT NEAT, FLIGHT NUMBER 1 (2 min 39 sec)

The Macchi 205
EASYTIGER MODELS MACCHI 205 AT NEAT FAIR 2012 FLIGHT 1 (5 min 33 sec)

Everybody thinks that plane has a sound system, but it's just the mighty
roar of the Tiger Power 100!

And the Ultra Corsair

EASYTIGER MODELS ULTRA CORSAIR AT NEAT FAIR 2012 (6 min 7 sec)

The Ultra Corsair and Stearman were a smash hit...we sold out every one we
brought, and sold about 20 more of each for mail order besides...everybody
loves them...they are foamies that are really NICE quality, everything works
really well right out of the box, and they really FLY well....

Anyway...check out www.easytigermodels.com and we will post more videos
later..."
KiwiKid is online now Find More Posts by KiwiKid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ModelAero Polaris Ultra
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:18 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
One of the common responses from him and his friends is that it's somehow inappropriate to say anything about him unless you've made a purchase. I would disagree.
Let's just say if someone wanted to buy and asked me for my opinion, I would tell them to pls do a google search first.

Quite honestly, these days, there's no excuse for not searching for a company before doing business with them.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:56 PM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post

I did recently see his RCU feedback and there were over 100 transactions I believe, and only 4 were negative. I'll be honest, I was surprised at his response to the negs. In once case he said the mistake was on his part, and in the others the response was calm, professional, and what you would expect from a reasonable person. And those were from mid 2011 or even late, I'd have to go back and check.

If that was the way it was always done I think there would be a different perception about him, from anyone, customer or not.
Let's be honest, I like to here the truth, too. If sleazy tiger was such a positive experience for the members of RCU, why was he booted from there, too?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:24 PM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
I'm wondering how many positive reviews are actually legit. What I find very funny, this is what his clowns on his site are calling other vendors out on. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1142516
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:05 AM
History Eraser Button?
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Aug 2010
1,038 Posts
I haven't bought anything from ETM so I can't comment on good vs. bad service. However, if anyone is looking to buy one of ETMs giant scale offerings, they can be purchased through TexasRCplanes.com or Austars models (Australia). I haven't purchased anything from TRCP but have bought two models from Austars; both were great experiences. As for prices, Austars (even with shipping) and TRCP have very similar prices (and shipping rates) as ETM. For the ETM foamies, most can be found on Hobbyking.com or GeneralHobby.com for the same or better prices than ETM.... problem solved??
pomroyj is offline Find More Posts by pomroyj
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:46 AM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
I have never purchased anything from general hobby. But your rite, Hobbyking is a much better vendor, then sleazytigermodels. I need to get off this sleazytiger kick. It's hard to sit back and watch a thief take advantage of people, like sleazy tiger does. I suppose, some poor souls need to learn the hard way. Off to Hobbyking I go......
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:18 AM
History Eraser Button?
Joined Aug 2010
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sites View Post
I have never purchased anything from general hobby. But your rite, Hobbyking is a much better vendor, then sleazytigermodels. I need to get off this sleazytiger kick. It's hard to sit back and watch a thief take advantage of people, like sleazy tiger does. I suppose, some poor souls need to learn the hard way. Off to Hobbyking I go......
I have bought the Memphis Belle B-17 from HK. What a great model but it does need a few tweaks. There's a great thread on this plane elsewhere on this site. Not sure of your modelling experience so if your relatively new then go with Parkzone or another quality vendor; it will be worth the few extra dollars to get you a solid airplane. HK stuff does require a bit of 'going over' as you assembly it and often they're engineering on simple things needs fixing. But for the price, the hard stuff is done well and 'the fixes' aren't difficult for experienced modellers. I always look at prices by asking 'How much would it cost to build this model myself (or even if I could at all)?' Anyway, hope this helps
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:55 PM
Joined Sep 2012
5 Posts
The guys at my new club that I'm learning from gave me
some advice on who to buy from online. Easytigermodels
was one that was mentioned to stay away from.
Flanigan is offline Find More Posts by Flanigan
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:06 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanigan View Post
Ouch!
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:11 PM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomroyj View Post
I have bought the Memphis Belle B-17 from HK. What a great model but it does need a few tweaks. There's a great thread on this plane elsewhere on this site. Not sure of your modelling experience so if your relatively new then go with Parkzone or another quality vendor; it will be worth the few extra dollars to get you a solid airplane. HK stuff does require a bit of 'going over' as you assembly it and often they're engineering on simple things needs fixing. But for the price, the hard stuff is done well and 'the fixes' aren't difficult for experienced modellers. I always look at prices by asking 'How much would it cost to build this model myself (or even if I could at all)?' Anyway, hope this helps
Do you have a link to the B-17? I have about 2 years, under my belt. I'm sure I can manage to nose in, yet another model! LOL
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:15 PM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanigan View Post
As long as you keep taking advice from the member at your club, you'll never fail. Well, I'm sure you'll have your share of crashes! LOL
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:01 PM
History Eraser Button?
Joined Aug 2010
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sites View Post
Do you have a link to the B-17? I have about 2 years, under my belt. I'm sure I can manage to nose in, yet another model! LOL
Here's the link. Lots of good advice and upgrades are described.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...yk+memphi+bell

This is not a trainer/first plane. You should feel fully confortable flying a 4 channel aerobatic plane. Experience with a biplane is also good because the drag of this model is comparable to a bipe. If you've got some experienced flyers in your club, take advantage of them in get your Belle checked out.

Before you start putting it together, read the entire thread. The most important change to the stock setup is to replace the props with MAS or FMS props. Read the thread for details. Good luck!!!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:27 PM
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomroyj View Post
Here's the link. Lots of good advice and upgrades are described.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...yk+memphi+bell

This is not a trainer/first plane. You should feel fully confortable flying a 4 channel aerobatic plane. Experience with a biplane is also good because the drag of this model is comparable to a bipe. If you've got some experienced flyers in your club, take advantage of them in get your Belle checked out.

Before you start putting it together, read the entire thread. The most important change to the stock setup is to replace the props with MAS or FMS props. Read the thread for details. Good luck!!!
Thanks, that will keep me busy for a few hours!
Closed Thread