1,084 Posts
he will not return phone calls ether
warbird_cowboy is offline Find More Posts by warbird_cowboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:27 AM
United States, IN, Grabill
Joined May 2004
1,521 Posts
I posted on another thread about this same guy Curtis, doing business as Easy Tiger Models

Is ETM in the uSA?
If so,in what state?
If so, what city?
Is there a shipping address?
Is there a phone number?

Okay guys, if he is in the USA in one of the 50 states, find out if that state ahs a State Attorney General's office aor consumer fraud office
Contact them and file a complaint with as much documentation as possible

Indiana ( where I live) has an online complaint form you can file with the Indiana State Attorney Generals office.

A state attorney general can investigate such businesses and file criminal and fraud charges
You may ort may not get your money back
Also using the US mail service to commit fraud is a crime

This is my suggestion.
ErcoupeEd is offline Find More Posts by ErcoupeEd
Old Dec 30, 2011, 07:39 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
Yes he is in the US, I think he is in New York. He can be contacted on 2 forums he setup, The other as well as his own ETM forum (both simple machines forums on the same proxy I believe), has had multiple sock accounts on many forums, including this one. When he doesn't get his way he threatens legal action which is kinda funny. I suspect "esteemed fellow" syndrome. Be carefull though, I wouldn't trust him with any personal details required to join either site. He has a habbit of using it against people and making it public knowledge if things don't go his way. A stunt that is going to bring him undone very shortly I suspect. Infact If you have money with him, I would consider pulling the pin as I think there is going to be a long que knocking at his door with the latest developments in how he treats others on the internet. Could be wrong as Most will simply let it roll.

Curtis is Curtis and he will probably never change, but again I think you will find his business model is no different to many with the exception he can be a bad mouth (not as Curtis but as his socks), bad temper, appears he will target family and friends of those he disagrees with (under the guise of sock accounts and probably all in the name of the truth needing to be out there or some rubbish).

In hindsight, as an edit, people who have been associated with him shouldn't be blamed. Looks like he has no problems lying to them either.

Best of luck with it.

Cheers. Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; Jan 17, 2012 at 10:47 PM. Reason: hindsight.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:14 AM View Post
et_rctruth_owner
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread). Show it to me anyway.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 05:23 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,909 Posts
.................................................. ...............................
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:15 PM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
I guess if Curtis Mattikow put as much effort into sorting out the problems listed here as he did into making bogus websites and fake accounts to advertise his wares (for free) then threads like this probably wouldn't be here, or at least the issues would get fixed a lot quicker.

Strange how both his frequented sites are now in damage control "my site got hacked", and any posts talking about Curtis having multiple forums are now being hidden? ohhh let's start with 1 rule (there is no rule, nothing will be hidden or censored), hang on there are 3 written rules and suddenly a bunch of people you cant talk about?

racie34, I saw some of the things they wrote about you and others. As in I saw them actually go up on the site. Disgusting behaviour. I'm not talking about the saved versions kicking around either. I was actually online (guest) and saw the whole thing unfold and confirm that the screenshots kicking around are infact genuine. I see they are hiding a bunch of posts in an area where guests can't see them!

Edit:

Well since posting 2 extracts about his forums and computer being hacked and the info above, my IP has now been banned from even viewing the forum. LOL. Here is an interesting fact. I was on both sites as a guest so I could cut and paste his comments about the hacking of his sites, lets say for the benefit of his patrons. Easytiger was the only other member online. Within minutes I get booted from his site, IP blocked permenantly. If Curtis isn't the Admin of both sites then how/why did I get blocked? Why would I get blocked for simply cutting and pasting what he has said word for word about someone hacking into his PC? He is banned from here, surely he would want people to know their info may have been compromised? I get this message:

Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
This ban is not set to expire.

Awesome I got banned and I wasn't even a member. LOL. To think he was the one that wanted me to work for him! "I sure wish KCV6 was working for me" appeared in may posts discussing me. Think about it Curtis. You are a business man and you alone subject your business to this kind of bad press by choosing to be involved.

Anyway back to the topic "problem with easy tiger models". I'm sure the models are actually just fine and he like many relies on the manufacturers keeping up the supply and making good on the promises they make to him. Just a shame he has to be so abrasive and feel the need to bag out everyone else.

Mark
Last edited by KCV6; Jan 02, 2012 at 01:57 AM. Reason: LOL, I am now IP blocked on ETM's forum. What a class act
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:06 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Hello one and all ,

Well , I'm only gonna bump this thread this one more time , because I'd like to Thank Curtis for taking his time to come here , to RCG , which , we all know does not welcome him , to clear up things being said negativly about him by people who , by all accounts , have never even bought product from him !

I'll freely admit , I WAS drawn in by the tale of DW Crash and the jet , and had just taken the only side I read and had access to as correct . Curtis' patience with not attacking ME for asking , but instead attacking the SITUATION i was asking him about , is what won me over in about a post and a half . I've NEVER asked for clarification on matters of other retailers without myself being branded an "LTUP troll gone walkabout" or other such nonsense , and to have Curtis present his side in the proffesional manner he did was beyond great to me .

I now see the "Rest of The Story" with regards to Curtis , and i'm happy to know he's just like the rest of us , in that he'll strongly defend his name against unwarrented slams . I see his posts have been deleted from this thread , which is too bad , because they show the guy to be reasonable when approached in a reasonable manner . He owed me no explainatios , and yet provided a most adaquate one , without slamming me in the process . This man OWNS a business worth defending , hes not just some fan of the business on a crusade to crush every negative word spoken about it , and so I dont blame him for tryin to set the record straight .

I hope everyone thinks about this before they throw the next rock at the next store window ....... the shopowner MAY just be Human , , , , and may just have a valid side as well .

Thank You and Happy Flying
lots of dots .................................................. ............................

Interesting I have never purchased from him, I have until a couple of days ago never said anything bad or good about him. Didn't stop him bad mouthing me? I'm still a bit unsure how that works.

Mark
Last edited by KCV6; Jan 01, 2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Chrissy is telling me I need to edit this post...... So I did.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:16 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1 Posts
was ripped of by easytiger also

hi all,
I ordered a diamond da42 twin with engines, esc and some spares around mid-december 2011 , for 678 dollars.
Initially good and friendly response with prompt email replies ,
so I made the payment with visa,
noticed later that the money was immediately withdrawn,
and now , two months after ordering/payment and several email enquiries:
no plane, no shipping number, two calls where I was promised a
prompt reply mail with shipping number and copy of the purchase bill:
easytiger did not reply anymore.
I mailed a fraud charge with Visa who will reimburse the full amount, and
hopefully retract their payment from easytiger.

This guy is a real disgrace, I have, over the years, done lots of purchases from several US companies, small and large , for varying amounts
and I never experienced something like this.

Just be aware that this fraudulent business is still active.

Greetings to all,
Hendrik Fornhoff
Belgium
hendrik180359 is offline Find More Posts by hendrik180359
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:58 PM
Avoid The Ground!
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Sep 2008
1,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrik180359 View Post
hi all,
I ordered a diamond da42 twin with engines, esc and some spares around mid-december 2011 , for 678 dollars.
Initially good and friendly response with prompt email replies ,
so I made the payment with visa,
noticed later that the money was immediately withdrawn,
and now , two months after ordering/payment and several email enquiries:
no plane, no shipping number, two calls where I was promised a
prompt reply mail with shipping number and copy of the purchase bill:
easytiger did not reply anymore.
I mailed a fraud charge with Visa who will reimburse the full amount, and
hopefully retract their payment from easytiger.

This guy is a real disgrace, I have, over the years, done lots of purchases from several US companies, small and large , for varying amounts
and I never experienced something like this.

Just be aware that this fraudulent business is still active.

Greetings to all,
Hendrik Fornhoff
Belgium
Report to BBB and file a law suit unless resolved. Notify your card as a fraudulant charge if you don't hear from him soon. Simple measure to protect yourself and cause an unlimited amout of legal pain for him.
Flexserve is offline Find More Posts by Flexserve
Old Feb 13, 2012, 06:34 AM
Joined Apr 2008
35 Posts
RCU Thread about same issue

There is an RCU thread about the same guy...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10747168/tm.htm

I think that he has been banned from advertising there, but I am not sure.
WJKahl is offline Find More Posts by WJKahl
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:28 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2008
7 Posts
easytiger

I ordered two giant cessna 310"s and a 80inch piper cub so I was charged 3500.00 to my card and nothing but lies for 6 months .then out of the blue after I contacted the postmaster and my credit card who I had cancel the charges on one of the two 310's a piper cub arrives ,I was not home so my neighbor signed for it .I found out that it had arrived when a nice guy who said he was a commercial pilot from washington state called my cell phone because he searched out my neighbors after they signed for the package.they gave him my number and he said that I had his airplane and it had been shipped to my address so I went home and looked in the box and it was a piper cub,so this was a game of mr.matigows.so the pilot and I talked about our experience with curtis and we stayed in touch til I called the credit card company and canceled the second c310 then I got a bunch of calls from easytiger curtis because I called the credit card company and then he showed his final card and told me to enjoy my banana which was the cub because he sent one with a twisted fuse .what a guy curtis really a swell guy
mike wiese is offline Find More Posts by mike wiese
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:03 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
206 Posts
All I can say is "Wow!" If 1/10th of all this is true, or partly true, "Wow!"
ReddiK is offline Find More Posts by ReddiK
Old Feb 17, 2012, 02:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2011
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexserve View Post
Report to BBB and file a law suit unless resolved. Notify your card as a fraudulant charge if you don't hear from him soon. Simple measure to protect yourself and cause an unlimited amout of legal pain for him.
New York BBB says, "F."
ReddiK is offline Find More Posts by ReddiK
Old Feb 20, 2012, 05:53 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2008
7 Posts
I am really sick of hearing of curtis he screwed me around for six months .he should not be in business .the us postal is watching!look out curtis
mike wiese is offline Find More Posts by mike wiese
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:47 PM
Cowboy of the skys
United States, Mt, Whitefish
Joined Oct 2010
1,084 Posts
curtis is a crook
warbird_cowboy is offline Find More Posts by warbird_cowboy
Closed Thread