Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRRICK View Post

P U R L , Dave

Pearl is an OYSTER indigestion

Ha! It's kind of like when I said "doe" for money

Vic,
I pray the best to you in these test! I know you've been running all over the place and also getting the run around.
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:24 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Ha! It's kind of like when I said "doe" for money

Vic,
I pray the best to you in these test! I know you've been running all over the place and also getting the run around.
Part of the game, ain't no thang......
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Mar 18, 2010, 05:43 AM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
Jay...yer a nut....
Kyle...got my 3rd C&P exam tomorrow, 4th on monday....running my butt off. Get that heli right, you'll be fine with that.

Rick....everybody cares....and don't you forget it...
Vic
Good hope all goes well and you get the proof you need.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Mar 18, 2010, 05:44 AM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Radioflyer View Post
Man,
I really can't read I swear I looked at Vic's name plenty of times and "saw" MentalB"L"enderUSN. Sometimes I need to tell my brain to slow down and take a look around I think I just got my mind bent Just a little though

Blessings,

Jay
Could be metalblender also as much as he stuffs it into the ground
Old Mar 18, 2010, 07:07 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
Could be metalblender also as much as he stuffs it into the ground
As long as the metalbenderusn, doesn't "SREW" up, he'll do fine.
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Mar 18, 2010, 07:18 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
As long as the metalbenderusn, doesn't "SREW" up, he'll do fine.
Oh DANG... Dave just called me out on that one again

I've perfected srewing everything up It's a talent
Old Mar 18, 2010, 07:18 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Bob's,

Had a good day today, I got the Trex 600 up on two successfully flights. Whew!!!! The sound and head speed still is kind of intimidating. I was more nervous today, than on the maiden flight. I'm thinking it's because of the new Futaba 7C and it's setting. I have to play around with those a lot more. But all and all, I'm happier than a pig in poo with it.

I do need to get a couple more 5,000 mAh's for it, currently I only have the original battery. The charger I have is a good one and only takes and hour to put back 3,000 mAh's.

I fly early in the morning, less wind. Around 10:30 am, this time of year the wind starts kicking up until later in the evening.

The 450 pro is still on the bench, I should have the new Align main gears for it tomorrow.

Liz only had me work around the yard for 2 hours today.

Dave
Old Mar 18, 2010, 07:48 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
My day well not so much. I had the Vision out again after I adjusted the gyro, had a little trouble starting today but finally it started, as I increased the throttle and got it light on its skids I noticed the forward cyclic was reversed, so shutdown correct the cyclic, again even harder to start this time so got it goin and hopped up in a small hover 6inches or so the throttle went crazy so I put it down. When it touched down scraped the tail blades on the driveway. Kill the engine and go to see what the problem is. 1st tail blades are trashed from what I thought was a minor scrap, 2nd I guess my low end point on throttle servo was not right I ripped the carb right off the engine pulled the threads out of the case. But oh well I learned something the hard way now I got a repair kit on its way. Gives me time to get the 450's flight ready
Old Mar 18, 2010, 07:48 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Sounds like you are still grinning Dave! Just don't srew it up or Jay won't let you forget it!
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Mar 18, 2010, 07:51 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Ouch, Kyle sounds like that hurt. Don't be too disappointed, it's all part of the hobby. You'll get it worked out soon enough. Do you think the carb issue happened before today and that's why you had trouble starting it?
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Mar 18, 2010, 08:08 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
My day well not so much. I had the Vision out again after I adjusted the gyro, had a little trouble starting today but finally it started, as I increased the throttle and got it light on its skids I noticed the forward cyclic was reversed, so shutdown correct the cyclic, again even harder to start this time so got it goin and hopped up in a small hover 6inches or so the throttle went crazy so I put it down. When it touched down scraped the tail blades on the driveway. Kill the engine and go to see what the problem is. 1st tail blades are trashed from what I thought was a minor scrap, 2nd I guess my low end point on throttle servo was not right I ripped the carb right off the engine pulled the threads out of the case. But oh well I learned something the hard way now I got a repair kit on its way. Gives me time to get the 450's flight ready
Kyle,

Super Bummer.. I'll chew you out here for one second, the forward cyclic being reversed should never had happened, that's part of the build and set-up. End of chewing.

End points is another deal, and you wouldn't know that until a maiden flight.
I'm just awed that you ripped the carb off the engine. I can't help you on the hard engine starting problem, it's been a lot of years since I had a nitro / fueled engine. Just guessing to rich or to lean. And everyday it has to be readjusted with temperature differences and barometric pressure.. YIKES!

You're taking it well it seems, anymore I do to. Smash it in the ground, smile, pick it up. And life goes one. I love this Popcorn Guy, reminds me of me. Although, I do love the "Cheese Balls".

Dave
Old Mar 18, 2010, 08:19 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
Yeah I think I had been putting stress on it before today as I've tightened it up once already and thought my end points were right this time so all the hard starting could have been my carb about to come off and with all the engine vibes today it went. Like I said the tap/re-thread kit is on the way.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 08:46 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Man that's a bummer Kyle. Pretty soon you'll have it where it needs to be. Your gaining a lot of info stored away on what you've learned for future projects. I hope the rebuild goes well and you get back on track for your maiden.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 09:16 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Kyle....it went as expected today, I have Dr. Hadji
Your engine hard starting, I'll tell you right now you got dirt or pieces of grass in that carb. I had the same prob of hard starting, I took it apart and cleaned it...no problems after that. You need to get that fixed....seriously.

Jay...the pictured machine was my best friend back in the day....along with shrinkers, stretches, throatless shears.....metal bend'in
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:46 AM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
Kyle....it went as expected today, I have Dr. Hadji
Your engine hard starting, I'll tell you right now you got dirt or pieces of grass in that carb. I had the same prob of hard starting, I took it apart and cleaned it...no problems after that. You need to get that fixed....seriously.

Jay...the pictured machine was my best friend back in the day....along with shrinkers, stretches, throatless shears.....metal bend'in
Hey Vic,
That green thing is not a break, it's envy!

Kyle,
My blessings, sorry for the bad day. Saying it happens to all of us "don't make it better" but at least we can all understand your feelings of get sed!
Good Luck.............JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee