HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:08 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Hear that Vic. The storm you are getting is supposed to drop but an inch on us. The costal storm however could give us up to 8 inches. We are right on the border of heavy or light, depending on if it pushes a bit more westward or not.

RC to report here too! We had a new Stampede 4X4 VXL follow me home today. The kids said I could keep it, the wife said to sleep with it in the dog house! LMAO! Used the ebay money from some stuff to fund it, no harm there!

Decided to NEVER again SELL on ebay- their fees, along with paypals have just gotten outrageous. Great for buying, not good at all for selling. UPS rates went through the roof too, holy cow batman!

Anyway, I'm left with my mcpX to play with for a heli along with my Decathlon that I'll try to sell locally here in the spring. That's it for aircraft for me for now.

When I was at the LHS today, the owner was showing me some incredible deals that eflite and Parkzone are offering right now. A balde 450 that you just drop your radio into for $199-normally a $300 price tag. Parkzone has a small GeeBee that was a BNF for just $70. I told him he was killing me since I only took so much cash in there today! Great deals though if anyone is in the market.
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:49 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Jim.....that's cool getting a 4x4. Remember when the first 4x4's hit the market, looking at minimal of $1000.00, up to $1800.00 back then.

Been snowing about 6 hours here now, we MIGHT have 4-5" so I'm still NOT impressed, but it's supposed to snow all night through noon tomorrow. They did cancel school, so I get to sleep in. I'm absolutely dying to go play with my snow plow right now, but I'll wait til tomorrow. I may have to go out and make a couple passes before bed....just to get it out of my system....I think I will.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:26 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
A growing family

Christmas saw the first birth, mid January seen the second, and yesterday seen the most current

Ben got the red XL5 for Christmas (2WD brushed). Bg brother Nick liked it so much he got a duplicate of it in silver. Daddy got the 4X4 VXL brushless because he needs all the help he can get keeping up with the kids!
Last edited by Wnuk; Feb 08, 2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:30 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
I do remember Vic. Things have come a long way since then.You can pickup an E-Maxx dual motor brushed version for about $400. That's a heck of a long way.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:13 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Hey Y'all
Just sayin hi. New plane in the stable is a 1400mm or roughly 55's FMS T-28 Trojan. This plane is amazing for $250 shipped to my door.
FMS T-28 Trojan gear cycle (0 min 28 sec)
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Last edited by 1Radioflyer; Feb 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: edit video link
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:28 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Jay!!!!! Good to see ya checking in. Will check your vid out tomorrow. Too much going on right now and Gold Rush is on at 9!
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:51 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Jay...ditto...glad to see ya.

Had a ROUGH day with the truck. We ended up with about 9-12" depending where you were in the yard (drifting, etc). I was plowing and everything was going fine, then I got stuck right on the frame. A guy with a full sized 4x4 yanked me out and BENT my Hitch-N-Plow unit. Still useable, I finished the driveway without getting stuck. I got stuck in the EXACT place I got the tractor stuck a couple years ago. Later, I was doing final cleanup, and I clipped the top of my waterwell and broke it. So now, I gotta contact my home insurance and get it fixed. My water is still running because I didn't break wires and the well pump is submersable. The plow handled the snow well BUT, when I had to run through the previous deposited and my truck sank in it...hence getting stuck. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

I did get my bike parts on the way to Dallas Tx though...at least that went right.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:25 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
GOOD MORNING VIC

FIrst I hope the Mrs. is well along the recovery. Good thing that she did it in the weather that you have now. Everbody stays INSIDE and she has company.

I want to continue on the successful solution you provided for the tail
GYRO SETTINGS.

AUTO
RATE
:
0 40%
1 35%

with F. MODE set at ZERO for NORM, STNT and HOLD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I here repeat what I said before and then show you RATE what Ihave NOW:
Just now I took off with ""these settings"" : (your recomendation)

0: 26%
1: 30% PS : I DON'T KNOW WHAT THESE SETTINGS ACTUALLY ARE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I get now is a MUCH IMPROVED STABLE HELI but still with very small "BUMPING" OF THE TAIL in both directions.
I could easily run a short video so you see this bumping happening...

WHAT CHANGES WILL I MAKE TO THESE LAST SETTINGS TO STOP
THE BUMPING ?
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:34 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
More info

AFTER POSTING THE PREVIOUS
I changed the settings down a bit to:

0: 25%
1: 25%

now the heli took off great, in about 3 seconds the bumping resumed and 2 seconds after that the heli went into a FULL AND NONSTOP PIRO to he left
so at that point I put it on the ground, and came to file my consultation with
my expert ( I lost my reliable tech. in the LHS and I find it hard to cope with THAT !)

RICK
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:33 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Rick...only got a quick minuet here....busy. I seriously think you need to change out the gyro and/or the tail servo. I REALLY think it sounds like the gyro has lost it's mind, but I dont know why.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:56 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
Just got back from this years E-fest Very disappointed this year, especially with the event limiting Heli's to 130 or smaller I did make a purchase that I am very happy with a new quad! Eye One by Rc Logger $69

Here is a link to a RCG review

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1778207
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Feb 10, 2013, 05:25 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Kyle...it seems the 450/500's are going by the wayside due to these quad copters. I checked X-Heli for EXI, pretty much non-existant. Seems the only regular electric helicopters are the higher end units like T-Rex and others that are pricy. I haven't bought a helicopter or parts for a LONG time. I've got three 450's flyable and complete. As long as I dont crash, I guess I'm good. Seems like the 450 sized helicopter is waining on the market. No problem, I got LOTS of other stuff keeping me busy.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:03 AM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Hey guys!!
I blew up the nCPX swash but I got this windsurfing flight out of the beastie.

Glad to see you are happily soldiering on Rick

Beastie 10 Feb 13 (4 min 0 sec)
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:24 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
My new quad in my living room!

New Quad.mp4 (7 min 56 sec)
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:58 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Now yer gonna get ole Rick missing his. I still think it sounds like a bunch of angry bees though.