HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:23 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Yep.....I had 22deg, periods of snow, and wind about 12-15mph. Nothing flys here when it's like this.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:53 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
One more for the record !

Mr. VIC up there in freeze land !
CAME BACK TO ADD

that I saw the "original" T-REX the one YOU assembled and set up so long ago just sitting there and I investigated it.
Turns out the a/b battery had 12V and the DX-7 took it up into a perfect 8 minute flight. AFTER ALL THIS TIME !!! IT`S still a WINNER, and such a good looker canopy you painted fo me.
Then : a BAD
the little neighbor boy came around and I offered him the LADYBUG to fly a bit . for the first battery he was doing remarkably well.
On he second battery he got cocky flew out over the middle of the street and dropped it. A car rushed by and run a wheel over the poor thing DESTROYING IT TOTALLY.
I feel sorry for the child because he burst out CRYING HIS HEART OUT he felt so bad.
so thusly ended this day on a sour note

such is LIFE !

VIC : It would help me a great deal IF you can remind me how to adjust the 500T GYRO - turns out the tail on the TREX450 bumps around quite a bit and I think the GYRO needs to be DE-sensitized ????
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Last edited by BARRRICK; Feb 03, 2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:32 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRRICK View Post
Mr. VIC up there in freeze land !
CAME BACK TO ADD

that I saw the "original" T-REX the one YOU assembled and set up so long ago just sitting there and I investigated it.
Turns out the a/b battery had 12V and the DX-7 took it up into a perfect 8 minute flight. AFTER ALL THIS TIME !!! IT`S still a WINNER, and such a good looker canopy you painted fo me.
Then : a BAD
the little neighbor boy came around and I offered him the LADYBUG to fly a bit . for the first battery he was doing remarkably well.
On he second battery he got cocky flew out over the middle of the street and dropped it. A car rushed by and run a wheel over the poor thing DESTROYING IT TOTALLY.
I feel sorry for the child because he burst out CRYING HIS HEART OUT he felt so bad.
so thusly ended this day on a sour note

such is LIFE !

VIC : It would help me a great deal IF you can remind me how to adjust the 500T GYRO - turns out the tail on the TREX450 bumps around quite a bit and I think the GYRO needs to be DE-sensitized ????
Rick....I remember NOTHING about the DX7. Go to the page in the TX programming and find the settings for the gyro that should be listed as:

EXAMPLE:

position 1 20
position 2 30
position 3 35

Lower those numbers by about 2, and test.

HOWEVER....(check this first) on the G500T as your battery gets lower during flight almost at the end, it develops a tail wag or bump. I use that indicator to know when to land and it's completely NORMAL. Both of my G500T's act this way on a low battery.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:09 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Rick- Very nice video you posted. Hershey sure is attached to you. And it's good to see you back into flying even with your hobby shop helper gone.

We are in the same cold stretch Vic. Temps in teens and 20's with snow squalls at any time.

Not much going on here, Waiting for a few of my ebay auctions to end so I can get an R/C truck to dtive with my boys. Maybe by the end of the week.
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:44 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Jim...70% chance of snow today, maybe some actual accumulation. Been pretty light on the snowfall this winter so far. I expect we'll get hit either this month, or early March....maybe once or twice in both months. The forecast I got in October was a lot of cold, not much snow so to speak. The forecaster has been dead on so far, I'll give him that.

Zero R/C, haven't even touched a helicopter in WEEKS. Just hit the simulator a couple times a week.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:28 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
programming the 500T

Hello VIC

early morning posting . Yesterday did another 9 hour day. Today is a rainy day and have to retrieve a little one from the Vet. from bath + clip
I have tried several times to MODIFY the reading on the GYRO chapter. Got it close BUT it still swings about.
How many degrees or steps ? do you thing it is wise to modify the percentages?

I've gone up and down by FIVES some made it worse, now I am close at th is setting

RATE :
0 40%
1 35%

with F. MODE set at ZERO for NORM, STNT and HOLD

I am hoping that seeing these settings it JOGS YOUR MEMORY
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:57 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRRICK View Post
Hello VIC

early morning posting . Yesterday did another 9 hour day. Today is a rainy day and have to retrieve a little one from the Vet. from bath + clip
I have tried several times to MODIFY the reading on the GYRO chapter. Got it close BUT it still swings about.
How many degrees or steps ? do you thing it is wise to modify the percentages?

I've gone up and down by FIVES some made it worse, now I am close at th is setting

RATE :
0 40%
1 35%

with F. MODE set at ZERO for NORM, STNT and HOLD

I am hoping that seeing these settings it JOGS YOUR MEMORY
Rick...you may have to drop it to:

0 26%
1 30%

I've seen them so sensitive, I had to back them down to 19%. The determining factor is HEADSPEED, and this heli you're woking on has plenty of HEADSPEED. Just make sure you have PLENTY of tail control authority after dropping the percentages.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:07 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Hey Guys,

Ain't nothing doing in old California. Freaking cold, gray, and getting ready to rain in a day or so.

I tell ya, I thought I was watching a reality show when Rick posted the video of himself in the back yard. Anything and everything that could go wrong did. The heli wouldn't fly right and go down and he'd have to fetch it, over and over. I had tears coming out of my eyes when that "danged loving dog" just had to be right in the middle of Rick trying to fly. The harder he pushed the closer the dog got! But Rick being the ace RCer he is, he got that little quad flying smooth as glass and then could relax and fly and enjoy the day. That shows there is more skill and talent in those hands than he gives himself credit for! Rick has "spunk" a "gedder done" or else attitude! Rick is a winner in my book everytime!
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:33 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
BIG SMILE AT 6am

Thank you JPEE

Even as I write this I still feel the pain of the 11 year old neighbor boy who came around the next day asking to fly the Quad LadyBug. On the second battery he let it go over the pavement and dropped it. In a split second a car came past and run the right wheels right over it.
The poor child retrieved it and you should have seen the crying and the expression of grief in his face. It was very touching.
I am mostly pleased with this camcorder I found in EBay. It included a WIDE ANGLE lens which is used in the video. The SOUND in it is a big improvement over the previous models SAMSUNG cams.
I have also been blessed with two "foundling" dogs. They turned out to be almost incredibly good in all senses.....they were both roaming around this neighborhood, abandoned totally. well, thanks again, at six am I have to get ready for work. I leave the house at 7:30am It seems that Texas is getting better weather than California.
RICK
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:51 AM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Hello Rick,

I know your off to work God Bless you. As I said in my last post, you are a winner accross the board. Here you are financially strapped and yet you take time with a peewee child to let him fly your copter. Then you adopt two more dogs that could have been hit or gone hungry roaming the streets. That's speaks volumes to who Mr. Ricky really is. We all know your a credit to hobby, but your credit to the planet too.
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:45 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
ACTUAL R/C to report!!!

It's 26deg, sunny, a little wind (5-7mph). So I got off my duff and took a 450 heli out front and flew it around. One close call on a tipover, blades did touch the snow, but I reacted fast enough for the save. Overall...a little rusty, but it went well.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:10 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
Too cold ! Poor heli

VICTOR FIRMAN, MICHIGANDER,
FORCED HIS HELI NOT TO WANDER*
EVEN THOUGH THE POOR MACHINE
KINDA THOUGHT "THIS MAN IS MEAN
FORCING ME TO PROVE MY METTLE
FLY AROUND AND NEVER SETTLE"
WHAT A CRUEL THING TO DO !!!
HELI DEAR : "WE FEEL FOR YOU"
TELL HIM QUICKLY THAT HE MUST
SERIOUSLY ENFORCE HIS TRUST
GRAB THE HARLEY, MAKE THE SWITCH
FREEZE THE BIKE ( THAT NASTY BITCH ! )
LEAVE THIS HELI NICE AND WARM
AND WAIT FOR SPRING TO COME ALONG
Hope you enjoy some poetry !

RICK
Last edited by BARRRICK; Feb 06, 2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:37 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
Good words cherished !

Dear JPEE, out CALI way
You`ll NEVER hear me say:

" The things you write are not quite true"
(since all the time I`m feeling blue)

But, since you write
I must EXPRESS :
your
w
o
r
d
s , remove

the """"" S T R E S S """""

[[[[[[[[[NICELY DONE, AND SURELY APPRECIATED]]]]]]]]]]

RICK
Last edited by BARRRICK; Feb 06, 2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:14 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Rick......

Fly a model heli like you stole it, push it for all you can. This in it's self you'll be a BETTER man (or pilot).

Ahhhh...the Harley. It's in the middle of a cosmetic overhaul, stripped right down. It's the ONLY vehicle in this yard that doesn't have monthly payments. Even though it's used and 12 years old, it is my pride and joy. When it goes back on the road this spring, it'll look bike show clean. The engine purrs, the tranny doesn't miss a lick, the clutch is smooth, and it runs like a top. It's a super nice little scooter for quick store runs or just heading out on a back country road for an hour or two.
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:40 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I put gas in my truck for plowing. So far, I'm NOT impressed with this so called "super storm". We're getting snow, but nothing like I seen as a kid (about 1ft per hr).