SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:52 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
LMAO...Beatles doo??? Barry...would you care to comment?

He turned 13 today, I turned 57 today....there's a spread for ya.

Raining cats and dogs here tonight. It's 10:47pm and it's still above 50deg, that's SCARY for this neck of the woods.

Rick? Been getting WARM there in Houston the past few days eh?

Zero R/C going on here....just been way to busy with the wifes recovery, daughters college, watching her kids. Being a real Mr. Mom, and it's kicking my tail.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:13 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Yikes! I'm almost 10 years older than you Vic. I hit 67 in August.

I shouldn't rag on the kid for having long hair. Back in the 70's I did too. Lmao!

I'm just haven't been in the mood for RC with the weather we've been having. Suppose to get some really high winds and buckets of rain about 1:30 am or so.

I think I mentioned, the last big winds we had about 3 or 4 weeks ago, one section of our privacy fence ended up in the neighbors yard. The fence is about 25 years old, so this summer we'll probably just have the whole thing replaced. $$$$$$$$ Not looking forward to that.
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:33 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
LMAO...my grandson has a haircut that would make a Marine envy. That's the way he needs it though. Between possibility of lice from school and his sisters, long hair is not an option for his own safety. I cant believe they haven't erraticated human lice by now, or fleas/mosquitos for that matter. It's not like we dont have the technology and knowlege by now.

I got the front wheel/tire back on the bike. I turned the heat on to warm it up in there so later, I can pick up tools and get things cleaned up in there. Gotta run a vaccume on the carpet too. This week I send bike parts out to paint, Hoping he'll have it done by 3rd week in March so I can get everything put back together, and get the oils back in.

MAYBE, I can mess with the helicopters after I get the basement cleaned up a little pretty soon.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:41 AM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Just lurking,

No flying here, the weather in here in Sunny Cal just ain't happening. Between the rains and wind and extream cold (for us) I have only flown once since Dec 1st.

Still messing with quads and just ordered a 550 which will carry my extended landing gear and a camera gimbal that the 450 was strugging with. With two extra motors that should take care of the weight issue. My new Bixler for night flying still lays in the box, I just can't get motivated in this weather, maybe later when she warms up a bit.

Vic, cool news on the HD, the progress is chugging right along. Hope the wife is coming along as expected too, no surprises. As a Mr. Mom I see your trudging your way through and doing a mighty fine job it appears.

Dave, sorry your waiting on parts, I hope they come soon for your H Quad.

Take care one and all
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:48 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
"So much time, so little to do. Oh wait, strike that. Reverse it." Pretty much discribes my activities right now.

Got the shed looking good again, all the tools put away and the floor vaccumed. Next couple days are gonna go QUICK, I'll be busy.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:25 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,264 Posts
Weather s close to perfect !

EVERYTHING ELSE IS GONE TO THE DOGS !

First BAD : Hobby Shop sold, the new owner FIRED the Heli Technician and won`t mess around with helis bigger than coAxials, and reduced scale on that even. Consequently I have LOST the capacity to do helis since I was never able to learn how to assemble and fix them.

Secod BAD : Truck starter went bad ; $ 400.00 replacement and it went bad again the very same day....broke down when I was 2 miles from the house.

Third BAD : For helping my bro. in a foreign country with $$ I now owe the Gov. $ 5000.00 in taxes..........

Anybody want to buy something ? { I got until 4/15 to pay }

OH WELL ! at least the WEATHER and the HEALTH are in good shape

so: whatever happened to JAY the RADIO MAN ?
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:47 AM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
Hang in there Rick! Look at this as it CANT get any worse only better.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:52 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Rick...a little rain must fall in peoples lives BUT it looks like you're having a MONSOON.

I got clobbered this payday by "pop-up" bills to pay off BUT, the bike parts are still going to Dallas this comming week come heck or high water.....I dont care.
The bike will be completed by NLT April 30th no matter what. There's ALWAYS someone or something trying to stand in my way on this project.

I picked up yet ANOTHER possible respiratory infection, gonna be a ROUGH weekend. Hope I can hold out till I can see the doctor next week and get it taken care of. Not real bad right now, I'll TRY to ride it out but I useally need anti-biotics to kick it because of my lung problems.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:13 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Rick,

Sorry to hear about your financial situations, I'm sure it couldn't happen at a worse time.
You should be able to get the starter replaced at no cost, if it's from a repuatable shop. Fingers crossed on that one.

Without Good Health, nothing else matters.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:40 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Hang in there Rick, you need to have a little rain of you want to see a rainbow.

Have you checked with an accountant about the tax issue? Seems a little odd there,
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:56 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Rick,

I forgot to ask, Which government tells you, you owe $5,000? Brazil or the USA?
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:45 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,264 Posts
Thanks to all who boost my morale

doing alright here ! I expect to be able to pay in full before March 2013 ends..Paying for my bro`s cancer oprtn took my income level past the 10% tax exempt for SS up to the 85%..level....CHOP : It is all for Uncle Sam !
Trying to keep busy DECIDED today to get back into activity and so : I had to fix a never used CAMCORDER, test a WIDEANGLE lens (never b4 used) , the refurbished tripod and the little QUAD HELI that had been flown inside quite well.
You will see in the video that the darn thing just wouldn`t respond to the TX input, shot SUDDENLY into the air, then spun around piros fast and fell. After about HALF the video did the little Quad respond well an did indeed fly. Among other things found : that the little props were bent and "unnoticed by me" which caused erratic flight.. Anyway, just had to be outside not to waste the great summer day we got today.
So here`s the video : Meet my two foundlings : Hershey (Barr ! ) the chocolate Lab who cannot unstick herself from me constantly, and the woolly TY who knows enough to get up on the chairs to spend the day Notice the blonde Cocker Spaniel (Beau) who has bad arthritis and is 17 years old, he walks just like me (old men both !)
I AM WELL PLEASED mostly with the yield of the new CamCord and in particular with the WIDE ANGLE lens.
CAMERA/TRIPOD/WIDELENS/QUAD HELI FIRST TRIALS MOVIE (9 min 57 sec)
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:09 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Great video there Rick. I think at the start you may have trouble binding the TX with the quadcopter. That's why you had no stick control. Sometimes it takes a few seconds before it binds.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:16 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Richard....nice flight once she settled out. Another thing. That lab (Hershey) loves you so much. What a LOVELY animal she is, I could feel her love for you from here. My lab is EXACTLY the same way with me. She has to be where I am, and she's very interested in things I'm doing. Sometimes, I have to push my dog back too, she gets her nose right in there. My dog learned about helicopters about 5 years ago, she hides behind when they spool or are in flight because she got nailed by a CP-Pro that was spooling down once, she never forgot that it HURTS to get hit with a blade.

What a great video of you and your family.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:12 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,264 Posts
A good day for heli r/c

IMPOSSILE TO IGNORE a day like today : no clouds/ no WIND AT ALL/ full sunshine and 73F
consequently I decided early in the morning to fly as many helis as would be ready to go :
First BAD : The FUTABA FASST that is used for theAXE400 is so badly SULFATIZED that the box is locked up solid with salty foam hardened...tried extreme measures and with 1 hour of solid work, "miraculously" got the radio, opened, scraped, cleaned, batts.replaced with fresh and MADE IT WORK AGAIN.
The AXE400 still had 78% of the capacity so it started up with no problem and gave a most perfect flight (after so long idle ! )
Same thing exactly with the HUGHES500 (TRex450) - the COBRA MiniTitan and even one of the mcP-X V2.......
Now I am wishing I had used my new CamCord. but I was in front of the house on the driveway and several of the neighbors just stopped their chores to watch the helis so I kind of kept it short.
the 3 "family members" are in the backyard sunning themselves !
So GLAD to confirm that the DX6i and the DX-7 are in good working order and now also the FUTABA as well.
posted pics of helis standing in line for recharging ! A GREAT DAY
Last edited by BARRRICK; Feb 03, 2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: pics