Old Dec 04, 2012, 04:43 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Kyle,

Snoopin' around eh? Lmao

Vic,

The shed looks awesome. You need a lounging chair and a TV out there, right next to a small refrig. for some liquid gold "beer".

Jim,

My voice on the video, I was a bit nervous making it, I usually don't stutter or trip over my words like that. Lmao... Funny though, how you imagine how people sound or look when just yakking on a forum for years.

I bought two ARF multicopters in the last several months, a quad and a hex. The H-copter I showed on the video, I saw a few guys posting pictures and videos in the Multicopter forum here on RCG. The one I'm building is much bigger though. Just for fun and an experiment. If it works out well, I may start some aerial photography / video and FPV flying next summer.

The movie industry is using multirotor platforms for recording now, pretty neat stuff. Here's a short clip / demo with a Red Epic camera mounted on a multirotor. This camera runs between 20 and 50k. YIKES! You'll notice that it's a hex copter, but has 12 motors. Two on each arm, they do that for redundancy in case of a motor failure. Cheap insurance when hauling around expensive equipment like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=JUjFpNjDElw
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 05:04 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Leslie's Deer

@ Jim and Whitehedr/RWW

I'm not sure what she used to shoot the deer or the location. I emailed her a little bit ago, and I'll post what gun and where, when she gets back to me. Usually within a day, she's pretty good in responding. She's got a muzzle loader too, so she's going back out when that season opens, not sure when.

Jim,

Yes, it was a portable tree stand she was in. Funny thing is, about 3 years ago, they shot 2 deer in their back yard. Not 20 yards from their back door. Yikes!

Pictures:
Some of the neighbor kids just horsing around. And Leslie doing some RC Car action.. Note... No traffic. LMAO.. We've been out there many times over the years, and there's days we've been there for 8 hours or so and never saw a car go by. Nice to say the least.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:10 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Leslie's Hunting Place:

@ Jim and Whitehedr/RWW

Email from Leslie......(That's in Lafayette, Indiana)

Hi Dad,

I was on private property that we hunt in Lafayette off of 231. I used a 12 gauge shotgun. I shot him a little left of where I needed to, but it turned out to be a great shot. The slug went through his right lung and through the left shoulder, except the slug never exited. Instead, the shoulder bone stopped it, so, I got to keep the slug, too...though it looks nothing like a slug now...lol. I shot him from about 45 yards, and he took off about 200 yards before he dropped...and because he was bleeding internally with no exit wound, there was no blood trail.

Love you!
Leslie

Then she sent another one with this information:

The shotgun is a Remington 870 SuperSlugger, 12 gauge
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:36 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Dave...Rem or Winchester, both good shot guns.

Had to put a barrier up on the rollup door because it was allowing a LOT of air in. I used a 8x10 light tarp, went to work with 1" drywall screws. It looks good and the function is correct. It was 70deg in the shed, and 36deg out side, and the heater did cycle on and off with good pause time between runs instead of continous running. Stays REALLY warm in there now....like being in the house. I kind'a dont like the NO window thing and maybe I can correct that next spring.

I drained all the fluids (primary drive and engine lube oils) and opened the left side of the Harley engine casing. I inspected the clutch basket and throw out bearing and they are GOOD to go, just gotta get a gasket set and put it back together. I also need a new oil filter and a new chain adjuster bolt, that'll be it for the engine part. Tomorrow, I start removing items going to paint. The tires/rims, etc are all getting cleaned as well as the frame. It's officially WINTER in my book, time to work on the bike. Do a little something each day, it'll get done eventually.
I bought a 6x8 tarp to place under the bike to keep oil and stuff off the new carpet....good thing I did that.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:11 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Well....30deg, no wind and the sun was out, I actually got to fly a helicopter today.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:25 PM
Luvin' Life
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Apr 2007
2,867 Posts
Hey All,
Nothing to report RC but I've been reading

Y'all have a great holiday season
Jay
1Radioflyer is offline Find More Posts by 1Radioflyer
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Any turkey or deer hunting? Weather hasen't been exactly stellar for either up here.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:46 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Flew helicopter today, pretty decient although chilly outside.

And I flew the micro T-28......
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Dec 07, 2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Woke up to 3"+ of snow on the ground. Used my "Hitch-N-Plow" and did 2 drive ways in about 45 minuets. I like sitting in a heated truck moving snow instead of running a snow blower or riding on a farm tractor out in the cold.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:28 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Send the cold my way Vic. The kids want the ice rink up but the weather is just not cold enough here yet.
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Last edited by Wnuk; Dec 09, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:39 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,206 Posts
Twins!

Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Kyle....congrats....LMAO!!!
Jim....getting a snow storm right now, but I doubt it'll amount to anything. Temps running between 31 to 34deg, not enough to produce good ice for sure.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:53 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
WOW Congrats Kyle! Hope everything goes well for the Mrs.

Yeah Vic, same story here. Temps in the low 40's with rain. Still watching long term temp forecasts to get an idea of when I should get it setup.
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:30 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Hello Guys,

See I told you I was still alive!

Kyle, well done and congratulations! God's speed and good health for your wife and babies.

We have been in Quartzite AZ for all of November a full 30 days ah flying, shooting, and roaming the hills exploring old Gold Mines with the help of FastPhil and the treasures they hold. There is a lot of history there that one would not expect. For one, we were driving across the desert and there were these pesky berms of sand we had to keep climbing and crossing, about 6-8 feet high. Phil explained this is where General Patton trained his Tank Corps preparing to fight in Africa and face Rommel! We found a spent 50 cal casing and its belt clip from the machine gun laying there rusting away since 1940's. We were shown prehistoric (don't know how old) bare foot prints in the rock, petrified. You can see "clearly" each toe and the rest of the print. So so much to see and 30 days did not make a dent. We camped next to FastPhil. AS you see the pic, his house is "my Friend" and Red arrow is us. Pic taken from my 450 QuadCopter.

Last: When we came back a few days ago I stumbled on to a what I thought was a great film (movie) called the Majestic with Jim Carry and Martin Landau. Anyway it majorly was shot in Ferndale Ca.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fern have to seen it???

Glad to be back............. JPEE

PS: We had CRAP WiFi there so I was restricted to using my iPhone only. Then the last week before we we left we got a HOTSPOT on the wife's phone so that really started to help, "stupid me" should it from the get go.....DUH
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
JPEE....nuth'in wrong with making some memories. Funny, seen a lot of things and places doing 20yrs in the Navy, but there's so much I haven't seen as well.

Jim...they forgot how to drive up here. Theres been a LOT of accidents today and a car went nose into a ditch about 200yds up the road from my house. Here's a clue. If you're getting a nice snow fall and it suddenly turns to rain, odds are the roads are gonna get slippery when the rain hits the frozen snow pac on the roads. I drove to Wal-Mart with no problems but I can assure you, I was moving at the posted speed or LESS when conditions required it.