HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:02 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Another NICE day. I put the G500T gyro in the 206 and replaced the digital tail servo with an analog servo....problem gone. I flew a pack out back in some wind (5-8mph), and it seemed pretty tight. I can install that digital servo and Align gyro in another heli and see if I can work the bugs out, but i doubt it. It's either the gyro, servo, or both, I do know that.

Did some more seam sealing in the shed, I am making noteable progress on heat retention. I think the FLOOR is another major issue of heat loss and just for the winter, I'm gonna throw carpet in there this payday. Once that's done, maintaing 70deg in the shed shouldn't be a problem on a 20deg day without costing a small mint to heat it.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
This is probibily the last flight of the F-16 this year, and possibly it's last flight, to be determined. Thinking about buying the same F-16, hard skinning it and putting on lights and retracts

I flew all 3 helicopters today as well, two of 'em inverted.....

nov19b206 (7 min 1 sec)

nov19f16 (6 min 49 sec)

I see that blue tarp I had come up missing.......
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Nov 19, 2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:16 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
Excellent leaf blower Bud............lol.......glad ya found your tarp too.
thanks for the vids.
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:31 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Glad this flippin day is over, it was a rough one. No R/C, no shed work to speak of. Now our 3 little hobbits have a 4 day weekend.

My #1 grand daughter is learning clarinet, just beginning. We sat together, she played some notes, I played some cords on the guitar, it was pretty cool. I love the sound of a clarinet, so smooth and "woody". She will get better, her and I will do some stuff together and see if we can make a decient sounding run.

Tomorrow may be my LAST good R/C day as far as wind goes for a while. I need to test my inverted settings on the two stock birds.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:53 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
We just too our little Hobbit home....whew.....only 3 more days....lol Glad to see your encouraging her to play.....man, it's the best thing for'em.

Hopefully I'll have a good day to shoot red and maybe fly....still not bad here yet when the wind is down.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:44 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Yeah, she's a smart little girl for 12yo. I would love to see her make a substantial mark in the world with her clarinet. I asked her about scales and notes in detail, I lost her. I guess she isn't that far yet so I had to back off. If she can learn to read music, I'd be pretty puffed up. Heck, if I knew as much about guitar as I do these helicopters, I'd be pretty good at it.

I just finished doing a little more seam filling on the drywall. Kind'a on hold now cause I used every tube of calk I had. Once that's done, then it's onto mudding to get the final finish look. I found some indoor/outdoor carpet at Home Depot that's $4 a square yd, and it'll WORK for this winter. It will provide at least a barrier to help hold heat. I really dont care if I get a little oil on it when I tear the bike apart later on.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:04 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
Kids are so able to fill that little sponge quickly...lol

Yeah, I sure wish I had a place to work.....maybe next spring. I'd love to get a portable building and do like your doing. Had one years ago and it was truly my "man cave"...lol
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:50 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
The basement has been my mainstay for the last 11 years. I wish I would have had the side dug out and installed a concrete ramp and roll up door to be able to bring my bike and mower down here....that would be AWSOME. My brother in law built his house in the side of a hill, he has a walk in basement and he has put his bikes in there to work on them. I could REALLY use a pole building though to keep the bike in and park the car and truck in.

I gotta make a furniture delivery to my son tomorrow, hopefully when I get back the wind will be good for helicopter testing. Nothing keeps your knuckles white like when you put it inverted. Last time out I put the red 450 pro into a PERFECT inverted hover. I'm standing there looking at it hovering inverted and thinking "well stupid, where do you go from here?". I pushed the stick forward all the way and rolled it back upright, and applied full up throttle and then leveled it off. I think I've only been truly inverted 4 or 5 times. Quite a rush.....
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:31 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
A good pole building would work great.!

Yeah, if I got one inverted on purpose, I'd probably just have to throw those drawers away...LOL
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:54 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Yeah, the generation before me (you) or older, strictly SCALE flying and I understand that. I drive my father in law NUTS because I'm a sport flyer (planes or helicopters) by heart but not 3D. Good scale flight looks awsome BUT if I'm gonna do scale flight, it's on a scaler. I have inverted my 206 and held inverted hover, it's just harder with all that weight. I REALLY need to build a scaler with wheels instead of skids, that peaks my interest. I dont believe the 3/4/5 bladed heads and tails are perfected yet, so I'm a little leary of those but experimenting. Elevated tails are another area that aren't perfected yet. I dont like belt driven tails so I'm waiting for the shaft driven elevated tails to start comming out, and they will.

Running calk seams in the shed today, havent delivered the furniture yet, but it'll get done. The wind appears to be picking up speed as the day progresses, so I'm not interested in smashing one of my helicopters today.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:24 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
best wishes

Mr. VIC and friend BARRY

I SO wish that we were neighbors, at least in the same area of the world.
I read about how much the WEATHER restrains you from doing some flying
and I FIND MYSELF WISHING it were possible to exchange your weather for
the one that has been upon us for months.
Every day, temps in the high 60s to the low 80s. blue sky, hardly ever ANY
wind......
you would be galloping away with PRACTICE
With the HUGHES in the shop and the DX7 there with it, I have nothing I can fly. Most of the models are there. The LHS tech commented on how much admiration the Hughes draws from the customers that come around...! they should see it flying around !!!
Also, inevitably, having a RC buddy guy around would also get me out and flying. It is VERY hard to muster the willpower to go to the field or to the Park.
I GUESS ITS TIME TO WISH EVERYBODY A HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
I am hoping the DAIRY QUEEN will be open to get me a 5$ Special////

RICK Was just outside and put 2 neighbor boys on the tiny Quad....you should see how those kids took to flying it really well with hardly any errors at all...aaahhh YOUTH and its gifts
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:34 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Rick...GREAT to see you here. Yup, I had a couple good days but it is quickly comming to a close. Tomorrow, wind but WARM and the day after, looking at possible snow showers. This year, I havent seen many days of zero wind compared to other days. In August, we're supposed to have a LOT of days without wind but this year has been anything but normal. I'll suck it up, it's NOVEMBER and right now we're 13deg above the normal.

Rode the Harley to the bank and back today, that was NICE. Then I delivered the trailer load of furniture to the sons house. Today wasn't a disaster compared to yesterday anyway.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:43 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,203 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving!
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:13 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Hope everyone has had a great Thanksgiving! Wish I had something RC related to contribute but don't as usual.

Keeping up reading and am happy to see this thread still going .
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
Old Nov 22, 2012, 07:36 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
Ditto guys..............hope ya had a ton of turkey........LOL And we have lots to be thankful for.