SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:36 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,645 Posts
I agree Rick.....he's not to shabby for a NAVY guy.......LOLOLOL Great work Vic.
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:03 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Been doing drywall today. The WIFE had a bunch of pool stuff in there and I put it in a bag and took it to the basement. I now have the back wall left. I boxed in the roll up door and all today. Pretty hard to move around in there with a bunch of stuff but it's good now. I have one complete sheet of 4ftx8ft drywall left, it'll be used tomorrow. I figured 15 sheets initially, looks like I was right by the time the overhead gets done.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:21 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,645 Posts
Dont' work too hard Amigo........I know it'll be worth it in the end.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:58 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
LOL....I just finished watching a drywall taping instructional video. I know how, but it's been a while so I took a quick refresher course on You-Tube.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:35 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,645 Posts
LOL............nothing wrong with that Bud.........I used to sub contract tile work.......went to do some here and had that deer in a headlight look that Tee picked right up on...LOL
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
LOL............nothing wrong with that Bud.........I used to sub contract tile work.......went to do some here and had that deer in a headlight look that Tee picked right up on...LOL

Yeah....I hate it when I get busted by the wife like that. The most annoying words I could possibly hear are "I told you so".
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:46 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,645 Posts
LOL..........I just used my safety valve... ".........Yes Ma'am, your right......." LOLOL
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:05 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
LOL..........I just used my safety valve... ".........Yes Ma'am, your right......." LOLOL

LMAO....you coward
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:19 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,645 Posts
LOLOLOL.......................yeah, but a live one........LOLOLOL
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Dont worry, anyone with a half a brain does the same......I do. I think it was John Wayne that said "any man without fear is a fool" John Wayne also said..."life is hard, life is harder if you're stupid". I think he's covered this subject well.

Opening day of firearm deer season here. I think I got up at 11:00am, I didn't buy a license because I can no longer tolerate the cold. Besides that, if I have a rifle in my hand, I'll never see one deer. If I have a steering wheel in my hand and I'm going 55mph with my lights on, I see thousands of deer. If I want to shoot, I go to the range and shoot paper.

Went out and fired up the heat in the shed, more drywall today. I have to heat the shed up because the Harley just doesn't want to start if the engine block is 30-40deg. If I warm up the bike in the shed, no problems and I can start it right up and park it outside.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:26 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,645 Posts
LOLOL..............so true. We had deer season open for guns last weekend....I'm rural and it's been sounding like a small war around here.....LOL. And we've got a few loose cannons around here that will "drive by deer hunting"....LOL

Yeah, air cooled bikes like a bit of heat in the cold
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:35 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Took my 206 out back for a shakedown flight. Yep, I shook it down alright. I had tail wag from hell and a vibration in the head. I suspect blades causing the head shake, and I think the tail wag will go away once I pin-point the head vibe. I got 5 new sets of blades inbound, maybe tomorrow. These blades I have now are the ones that come with the "Keep 450 Pro" and possibily the WORST I've ever seen in person. I wont work on the 206 till the new blades get here.

I'm READY to put drywall on the ceiling of the shed now. Need to pick up 2 more sheets of drywall, and 2 more 2x4x8 studs. Once the ceiling is in place and all the joints are taped and mudded, the heat retention should improve 100%. Later on, the flooring needs addressed. I'll use 3/4 flooring ply, and throw some "lay flat" light colored lenoleum down, it'll be good to go.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:43 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,645 Posts
Sounds good to me Bro. I finally got the last coat of primer on......now waiting for some heat I hope.
Thought I'd do a toddy...and close the door for this evening.........start tomorrw all over again,.

later Bud
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:40 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Even tho I had tail wag, I put this heli thru it's paces with high angle stall turns and high speed runs across the field. I wasn't happy with it at all and it still needs tuning.

I made it to the lumber yard and picked up the rest of what I needed. Man....having a 5x8 util trailer is great. My truck is a short box Ranger 4x4, so hauling something 8ft long isn't gonna happen in the bed of that truck. I'll be suprised if I can get that 1/4 scale bipe in there after it's finally built.

I switched the blades on the 206 with one of the other heli's, BOTH have no vibration, so it was a good move. The gyro situation is getting on my nerves. I may put my Detrum and my other G500T on these heli's. Yep....that's what I'll do.
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Nov 15, 2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:50 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,645 Posts
Hopefully in a year or so, I'll have some spare stuff.....nothing more fun than making something work outta the parts box. Well done Amigo