IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD

for sure
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:51 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
LMAO....pretty cool. NOW just stay away from the Moca and doughnuts, you'll have 'er whipped!
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:41 AM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Hello Mr.Rick,

I applaud you for taking care of yourself! Some guys just sit and rot in an easy chair............ but Pilot and Capt. Ricky cares and it Proactive. So I say "Good on You"! You just kick Father Times butt out of your house!!!!!!!!!

JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:22 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
Caro signore pedretti

encouraging words ARE MUCH APPRECIATED

I sincerely tell you I was SINKING way down with the spine problem and the TOTAL LACK of exercise.
EVERYBODY was on the subject.
There`s no way I can go OUT and do it so when I FINALLY was able to find through a co-worker this treadmill for $ 150..00 delivered and installed I just went for it and it is the very best thing I`ve done for myself.
the IMPROVEMENT is tremendous in only two days of use. The difference is that being available I just use it in 6 to 10minutes runs maybe 2 or 4 times each day.
I feel much MUCH improvement.
It will get better.
I have stayed with the mcP helis and doing very well. One of the two snapped off the white cable from the connector so I need to take it in to be fixed.
running batteries UP to stay alive
BEST REGARDS and thanks very much for the kind words.
RICK
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:01 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Hope Jim is OK out there in Pennsylvania.......
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:56 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
Congrats Rick...............well done Buddy :O)
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old Oct 30, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Barry....were your ears burning? I was on the phone with BARRICK tonight. Wondered where you been hiding.

Dave....tail issue was rudder pushrod, it MIGHT be about 1/4" to short. I discovered the travel of the tail rotor blades were being impeded, checked closer and the push rod was just short of full travel.....I'm on it. Still early, I may get it fixed tonight.

Rick...my wife has a different type of ratwheel. Exercise bike for her legs and the thing measures speed, distance, adjustable resistance, reads blood pressure, and heart rate. For a bicycle that doesnt go anywhere, it cost a small fortune.

JPEE....nice to see you jump in!!!
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:14 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
Hahahahaha...............yeah, more than my ear Buddy. LOL No Sir, just been real busy going here and there.
Now finally got to get back to my little 206
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
Hahahahaha...............yeah, more than my ear Buddy. LOL No Sir, just been real busy going here and there.
Now finally got to get back to my little 206
You can't blame me for that "more than my ear" one....I swim on the correct side of the pond (joking around of course).

I got the 500 out of the fuse AGAIN, I was right, I have to re-position the rudder servo arm and it'll all be good. Once I get this little problem corrected, I need to work on blade balance a little more and I should have it.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:21 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
LOL.........probably the super hot salsa......LOL. Well Sir.....if anybody can do it......you can Amigo.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:25 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
LOL.........probably the super hot salsa......LOL. Well Sir.....if anybody can do it......you can Amigo.
Running into that torque thing Dave mentioned. The 4 blade head and tail run fine on a stock helicopter, but not with this MD500E fuse. I've got a few more settings I have to try but I think I know what's going on here. Once I had it working kinda OK but when the headspeed dropped with the loss of battery power, I also lost tail authority. I got the rudder set pretty good, but the problem is still there, I got head speed at a moderate pace, not real high. My next logical step is to max out the head speed, and check tail authority. What will happen even if it works is, I'll probibily go back to a two blade head and tail because it really wont be worth the getting 4 minuets of flight just to have a 4 blade head and tail. If this fuse was 100G lighter, it might have worked out.

I stay away from HOT salsa for that very reason. Last time I had it and it was REALLY hot, I had to use a snow cone to wipe.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:30 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
Yeah, I do believe that 4 blade needs alot more torque....but its' sure sweet.

LOLOL.............man, I didn't know it was that hot but I was hungry and ate it anyway......never again....got no snow cones here.....just cats......LOL
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:48 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, I do believe that 4 blade needs alot more torque....but its' sure sweet.

LOLOL.............man, I didn't know it was that hot but I was hungry and ate it anyway......never again....got no snow cones here.....just cats......LOL
Cats will work in a pinch I guess....LMAO.

Just hovered the MD500E with the 4 blade head....NO PROBLEMS. I just re-set the head speed up from "almost crazy" to "hidious", that took care of it.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:15 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,640 Posts
right tasty with some BBQ sauce and a lot better than possum.......lol

Yeah, I bet that lil darlin' is screaming.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:52 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Right now, I'm mulling over the 4 blade head system. When I install it on a stock heli, it really flys almost as good as a two blade. You add the weight of the MD500E fuse, it's in the toilet. Maybe it would be a lot better on an A-109 fuse, which is NOT out of the question. This would possibly be a mid winter project after the bike has a new paint job and clean. I know I got a blade out of balance, but tracking is there. I also know that either way, the MD500 MUST have the 3000/30c battery to fly correctly. I remember THIS is why I did the KDS 206, it's WAY more forgiving and LIGHTER. The 206 just flys AWSOME, and is capable of inverted flight. Here we go.....experimentation.