HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:54 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Got the MD500E laying all over the table. I do not think my 3000/30c is bad....it's either the ESC or motor and I'm gonna find out which.
I totally suspect ESC.

Nope....battery is BAD yet it shows all cells good....I dont get it.

NOW I get "connection break" from my AC6 charger from this battery....so it is the battery. SOOOOOOOO.....maybe I can repair it, maybe I cant. Doesn't matter...I'll be getting two new ones next week. But NOW, the MD500 has a KICK BUTT ESC and UBEC in it now.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Oct 26, 2012 at 09:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:42 AM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Get 'em while you can for next year. 48 hour sale.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ce=Emailvision
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:54 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Wow....that's CHEAP.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:05 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,648 Posts
Thanks Dave.............sure wish I had some extra bucks.....I'll buy a few of those......excellent.
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:16 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Been working on both helicopters.....I aint got a charged battery in the place.

The 4 blade heli is dialing in nicely, got some expo on the tail and tightend her up as well as programming in idleup. I actually got a hands off hover with a 4 blade head with no stabilization system. That translates to about a perfect setup.

Still fussing with the MD500E. The ESC has a HARD LVC, that's no good and I gotta re program that, and work on the EXPO on the tail. This bird needs a lot more dialing to get it where I want it.

Flew the 4 blade outside in the wind. Man...it really balloons up in gusts, and the wind pushed it backwards. It was a real white knuckel ordeal, but I learned a LOT from it and it was fun (because I didn't crash). It was pretty difficult to land it with the wind slapping it around as well.
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Oct 27, 2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:16 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Putting a different ESC on the MD500E, a 60A that I used on the 206 and I feel it will work well. I guess I'll know in a couple hours. I put a good 40a ESC on the 4 blade heli, it works OK I guess.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:28 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,264 Posts
RAPTORUNO (7 min 28 sec)

for MONTHS I was frustrated and sad that I had lost the connectivity from my CAMCORDER.... I just KNEW it was something very simple (like VIC always says) but not until a while back ( `bout and hour ago ) did I figure out the ONLY problem was that I was using the WRONG USB CABLE.....the reason was that I was seeing the trademark SONY in the dongle and because the CAM is a SAMSUNG I was assuming they weren`t matched.....for an example this is why I posted the above VIDEO just to prove to `self that all is OK again......RICK

notice the wind was rather high !
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Last edited by BARRRICK; Oct 28, 2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:32 PM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
HOT DANG RICK!
WELL DONE SON!

In the words of Al Bundy, "Peg, it don't get no better than that"

John
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:19 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,264 Posts
What ?

HUMBLE APOLOGIES Signor PEDRETTI

I did not catch the intent of your cheers /

I`ve done nothing meritorious at all.....just confessed to some months of blockheadedness for losing the use of my Video machine.
Just the way my luck runs usually, happens I found an identical
replacement with LOTS of attachments for $ 80.00 (nobody bid ! ) so now
that the original works as it should I wind up with 2 cams.....and - $ 80.00
[MINUS 80} in my very thin bank account

oohh this lovely Old Phartte age .... gets more pitiful each day
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:48 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Rick...be glad you KNOW what you said and what you did 3 minuets ago or not getting lost going to a place you've been 1000's of times. Someone I know close to your age cant remember what he said or did 3 minuets prior and gets lost going to his sisters house less than 8 miles from his house.....it's hard to watch this happen. I'm glad you have your processor in working order, it's just the hard drive glitches a little sometimes.

I switched out the ESC in the MD 500E with a Pentium 60A and I just had the NICEST hover session here in the basement, and no LVC. I still gotta dial in the idleup on it, but for normal, I cant change it much....it's pretty good. After I program the idleup, it'll be ready for a trip to the field on a windless and sunny day.

My 4 blade unit has everything programmed, but I think it still needs tweeking in the program. I'll mess with it both through the week to smooth things out a little better.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:38 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,264 Posts
closing a GOOD DAY !

my new TREADMILL was brought to the house today. Got it from a gal at work and she made her boyfriend bring it in his van. Poor man dragged it inside and set it up. I have run 3 runs of 10 minutes each today and I already think I feel the beneficent effect of EXERSIZE for sure. I can`t believe I have this treadmill for $ 150.00 when the Company site tells me it sold for $ 1600.00...it was setup in front of the TV set so while I use it I can pass the time with something to watch. Great experience and I SURE NEEDED TO HAVE THIS, my spine is seriously in trouble I HOPE this HELPS....... then the boyfriend sat at my piano and SHOT SOME GREAT JAZZ JIVES on it.....boy......SOUNDED GREAT should have made a recording.
Made about 10 or more flights with the one remaining operable mCP-X what a great little machine. Just trying to keep up all those batteries, some were really low but the day was great, a little breezy but the heli goes like craze. If I had more space available I feel I could try to flip it over and try some inverted.....
back to WOIK TOMARRAH (nooyorkeese ! ) and that is also great.
SEE Y`ALL !!!!!!!
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:41 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Nice ratwheel you got there!!! Your house is beautiful as well, very elegant and in good taste.

The 4 blade is dialed in really good. Now onto the MD500E tomorrow.

The gyro that come with the T-Rex pro is an Align GP780. I'm here to tell you I've never seen a gyro that has this much hold and almost ZERO drift. In a hover, I rarely (and I mean almost NEVER) have to touch the rudder stick to correct for drift, I'm so impressed. It makes my G500T by JR look like garbage and it's on my list this comming payday to buy one for my 4 blade heli, as well as the correct batteries for the MD500E.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:24 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Both helicopters are good now. Give me a bit, and I'll screw them up again
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:58 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,264 Posts
What ?

RATWHEEL !

is that what I need to feel like when I use it ???

SERIOUS REQUEST HERE : i enjoy my 2 FBL mcp so much that I would like to hear something about the next series : the MCP-X the one with the Sr3 thingy.....is it a LOT better ? I really wouldn`t mind trying one out, provided y`all think it`s OK

I still haven`t got the spheres necessary to flip one OVER and try inverted.
will that GUTSY MOVE ever happen?
I guess I need to be out in a place like a Park to try
I am also considering NOT renewing my CLUB membership and NOT renewing the AMA license. I haven`t been out there for years.
And the RUDENESS, UNCOUTHNESS, BULLYING I go through with those redneck crackers makes unbearable
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:52 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Rick...the MCPX is VERY forgiving but not indestructable. I got some really cool inverted and flips out of it. It will break, but not as easy as a regular CP heli. Take it to an open spot, put it up, put it inverted. As far as the other heli you're talking about, I haven't been following Blade/Eflite at all so I do not know.

Ratwheel is what I called my daughters treadmill too. Same thing....just not round....LOL.