USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
Ha ha ha

DAVE K

AS USUAL your finds are PRICELESS !

having read every word of that posting I FIND THE ANSWER IS PROVIDED
DIRECLTY IN answer # 7

VIC - CRASH CRASH - why are you bothering with MULTI BLADES //// ????

K eep
I T
S imple
S ir

SUGGESTION # 7 recommends it
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:06 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,639 Posts
Dave's got a handle on things.... :O)
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:22 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Dave...the 4 blade on my stock heli I notice diminished performance quick, and the battery gets pretty warm, then you loose the tail. That tells me that the available ESC's, motors, etc, cant handle the load that the 4 blade is putting on the gear. I'll check the link, maybe they can steer me to the correct configuration to run a 4 blade head. As it stands now, I won't put the 4 blade head on the MD500 until I resolve the issues. One issue may be running a UBEC to keep the voltage constant to the rudder servo and gyro. I'm not ruling out the 4 blade head, but I'm not gonna use it right now.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRRICK View Post
DAVE K

AS USUAL your finds are PRICELESS !

having read every word of that posting I FIND THE ANSWER IS PROVIDED
DIRECLTY IN answer # 7

VIC - CRASH CRASH - why are you bothering with MULTI BLADES //// ????

K eep
I T
S imple
S ir

SUGGESTION # 7 recommends it

LOL...Rick!!! I wouldn't be offended if you stated that in it's CORRECT wording.
Actually....you wouldn't believe how SIMPLE a 4 blade head is. There are a LOT less parts on a 4 blade head than a two blade with flybar. Why do I bother? DETERMINATION/CHALLENGE/FUN. Hey...if it were EASY, everyone would be doing it.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:41 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Dave...I just read the linked posting, I'm impressed. That guy NAILED it for sure and all it means is changing pinion, motor, and ESC as well as going with a UBEC. I liked what he said about using a stabilizer gyro on the head to improve handling. I'm running much skinnier blades than the stock two blade blades, they're Copter X scale blades for the 450 sized heli. When the battery is fresh, it flys great but after 4 minuets, things start to degrade FAST. Apparently what I've learned up to now, I've been dead on. Thanks for the input....always appreciated.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:30 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
quoting to make YOU FEEL BETTER ! :-)

When the helicopter is flying nobody can tell how many blades it has and in all seriousness most people don`t really care. RC helicopters are neat and cool regardless of how many blades they turn

signed by an Oldde Phartte who is core lazy, SO you may disregard this piece of self-serving bolderdash (as you`ve done before) ha ha

STILL : YOU are the FOREMOST EXPERT registered in11585 posts.....noone takes THAT away from you
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:46 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRRICK View Post

When the helicopter is flying nobody can tell how many blades it has and in all seriousness most people don`t really care. RC helicopters are neat and cool regardless of how many blades they turn

signed by an Oldde Phartte who is core lazy, SO you may disregard this piece of self-serving bolderdash (as you`ve done before) ha ha

STILL : YOU are the FOREMOST EXPERT registered in11585 posts.....noone takes THAT away from you
Rick...my first try with 4 blade was a total bust, I barely made it fly. Now I've got it where it's nearly as stable as a 2 blade with flybar. I KNOW I need the correct battery, that'll happen next week and I also have 60A ESC's with UBEC's. That leaves the motor and pinion. I probibily need a 4200KV or 4800KV motor and 11T pinion to get things working right. I think that combo will ensure the proper amount of power needed for a 4 blade head. For right now, the MD500E stays as a 2 blade...it's fine. I hovered it in the basement for 11 minuets, no vibration or shakes at all....smooth as glass. The biggest thing I wanna know is....."can I make this work, and work correctly?". I think I can be successful where others are ney sayers. Gotta try.

Here's two in work:
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Oct 24, 2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:25 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Pretty darned close to being done......
Also is a pic of my 4 blade experimentation platform....
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Oct 25, 2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:01 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,639 Posts
Looking good Vic.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:23 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
Thank you

CONGRATULATIONS FOR A SUPER MAGNIFICENT JOB AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING MY WHOLE DAY/WEEK/MONTH !!!!! also amazing for the speed with which you completed the work.......WELL DONE, FANTASTIC !!!!!

Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:28 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
check

can`t help but NOTICE that both the BARRY and the BARR are "early risers" visitors to the thread.....a sign of "older folks still going strong !!!!! ain`t that right ???????

up n`adam before the sun rises !!!!!!

good job on that helicopter !
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:11 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Barry...thanks.
Rick...I've never been a morning person and worked night shift almost my entire life.

Waiting for the correct batteries to come for the MD500E. The last one I had doesn't work anymore (one cell gone?). I'll do a video when the batteries get here.

Rick....did you note the registration number???

I got bored....did some painting
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Oct 26, 2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:09 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,262 Posts
OH MY Goodness

OH MY GOODNESS - FOR SURE MY INITIALS: R ichard F rederick B arr but is " 127 " supposed to be MY AGE ?????

thanks for THE HONOR I am truly blessed .... next : can I drive UP to St.Louis Michigan and FLY IT????

Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:44 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I thought the registration number was befitting. The 127.....dunno....sounded good NOT your age.

I wouldn't recommend DRIVING....it's like 18-22hrs (my brother lives in Dallas). I'd suggest commercial airline to MBS, yes, I'd let you fly it....NOBODY ELSE THOUGH...

Trying to use my AC6 to bring that 3000/30C battery back to life. I figure I got a 50/50 chance on it.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:15 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,639 Posts
Your welcome Bro