HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:44 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,251 Posts
wHY ???????????

TAKE A LOOK AT THESE 2 PICS and tell me WHY ? is this useless old
man doing servicing for all those helicopters when they NEVER get used ?

All, in one way or another are 98% workable. Unfortunately each one has some
kind of problem : the Yellow Hughes` blades turn but does not get airborne; the 2 big RAPTORS are unknown quantities, they were both flown 2 times and perfectly. Never flown again and it`s probably going on 2 years now.
ETC
last time the AXE400 flew it was great .... now, who knows ?
the BLADE SR does not connect at all .... the MINITITAN COBRA AH-64 scale does not hook up at but everything seems to be working ????
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:36 AM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierson View Post
Hey all. new to this rc stuff, posted a discussion that should have been a question. any reason why When I put my copter bsck together the main rotor will not turn? e razor 250, had to replace tailboom, thanx in advance for any help
Check the pinion and motor contact...may be to tight. Also check the main and tail drive gears for binding or being stripped out.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:48 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Barry...besides a flybarless head that goes on a T-Rex 450, you also need the G3X gyro system for the head ($60 +/-). I'm guessing that the E-Razor is basically a T-Rex sport 450, main shaft should be the same diameter. You ALSO may need a cable to program the G3X (TX specific).....I haven't read that far into it though since I got lucky and have got a pretty good handle on this FBL 4 blade head. For me, the FBL two blade project will come when I do a Huey, but I'm waiting for someone to do a shaft driven elevated tail in the 450 size and I dont think that has happened yet. I'm pretty sour on belt driven tails since I went to torque tube, they're just so much better all round.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:51 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Rick...yes, you have a ton of stuff. I suggest you "thin the heard", and move that stuff on E-Bay (as-is). I looked at it and laughed because it would take me MONTHS to go through them and get them all going. I couldn't begin to guess where to start, it's overwhelming the amount of work that needs to be done in that picture.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:09 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,632 Posts
Thanks Vic..........yeah, I'm looking at the Tarot 3 Axis gyro.......I think it's doable. The four blade is looking good.
CopterKid77 is online now Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:20 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
Thanks Vic..........yeah, I'm looking at the Tarot 3 Axis gyro.......I think it's doable. The four blade is looking good.
I had to choose between that and my 3G when I was building my fbl 450. the Tarot xyz is supposed to be a great system for the price comparable to a Beast FBL.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:23 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,251 Posts
Plus

in addition to the above
I called a man that buys ESTATES
he was here before after Mrs. Barr passed away
took everything away and paid $ 2000.00
NOW I called him again
but he never returned the call
in addition to the mess you see there`s a FULL CLOSET with planes, gliders, servos etc
Will probably stack it all outside, spray with bbq lighter fluid and burn the whole darn lot
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:36 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,632 Posts
Thanks Kyle..............it looks pretty good to me.

Rick, I wish I had the space and money, I'd help ya out Bud.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:03 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,194 Posts
Rick

Like Vic said sell it, Ebay, yardsale, craigslist, just get something for all your hobby stuffs.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:18 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Vic,

You could make your own TT raised tail.

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=408786
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:20 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Rick,

I have to agree with the others, you've got entirely to many helis, gliders, etc.
I've found over the years that having to many models, it gets to be a maintenance and inventory nightmare.

Time to clean house... Keep two or three that run well and you enjoy flying and dumb the rest. It would take months and alot of money to get all of them back in flying order.
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Oct 21, 2012, 01:36 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Dave...I checked the link. More than I want to deal with because you got the servo issue, and speciality short shaft that has to be made by hand. Someone will get one on the market before long. It didn't take long for them to do a belt driven elevated tail when the Huey fuses come out. It's just a matter of time...it'll happen. I can wait it out.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:01 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Rick...the hand made frame mounts are in, the frame is mounted to the fuse. Going quite smoothly, I may test hop this sucker tonight.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:03 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Test hop done with full fuselage......needs some tuning.

Looks like I have a rudder push rod binding problem. Barry...this is where it gets irritating with scalers because every time you have a problem you gotta remove the heli from the fuse. And so I've gotta pull the heli frame out to find out WHAT and WHERE it's binding. I already think I know what's wrong, so that helps.
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Oct 21, 2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:44 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,632 Posts
We need some pics.. :O) sounds good Bud