HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:45 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
We're still getting 30 plus gusts.....no helis today...lol

Glad the gyro is workin for ya Bud. Yep, I agree, the big stuff was a lot easier in all arenas..! But when these little darlin's are on.....they're ton of fun.
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:55 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
We're still getting 30 plus gusts.....no helis today...lol

Glad the gyro is workin for ya Bud. Yep, I agree, the big stuff was a lot easier in all arenas..! But when these little darlin's are on.....they're ton of fun.
Got everything dialed in, including idleup. Now all I need is a day to get it out to the field. Every battery I have (5 good ones) for it is now being charged. I burn a LOT of juice dialing these suckers in.

You're right...nothing flying today for sure. We just had a decient rumble of thunder and the sun was bright and for the most part, no clouds in my immediate area.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:01 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
Super Bud.....yeah, they do suck the juice. !! ......now if the weather will give ya a break.

I'm hoping by 6:30 or so, the wind will stop.......if not , tomorrow looks calm so far.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:33 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Barry....no hurry, we still got good days before it turns to crap. Here's a couple pics....not the tail stinger to keep those blades OFF the ground. Very important with a torque tube driven tail:
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:52 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
Sweet good lookin' bird................oh yeah........tubes just don't give much in a strike...!

Hopefully tomorrow......the forecast looks back to normal.!
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:31 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
Sweet good lookin' bird................oh yeah........tubes just don't give much in a strike...!

Hopefully tomorrow......the forecast looks back to normal.!
I sent an email to the vendor to inquire about the "limited quanity" to find out if they'll be getting more. I found a few things I didn't like about it BUT I've got so many spare parts, I can rob any of many EXI crashed birds to replace parts I think need upgraded. I still want to order 2 more on Nov 1st and build them up to RX ready and have them sitting on the shelf.

Ready to winterize the shed properly this year so it will retain 70deg if it's 15deg outside......I'll start that this week.

Haven't checked the weather for tomorrow, but I will....later guy.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:41 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
Sounds like a plan to me Bro..............you have a large evening...
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:43 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,194 Posts
Vic and Barry keepin the thread alive!

I've been busy as usual, just had our yearly shop cookout/party last nite. Pitched shoes till midnight

Still have not maidened my FBL 450 pro. We have had crazy weather all year here.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:35 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
Good to hear from ya Bud.................yeah, Vic keeps it goin' good. :O)
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Kyle...I wanna hear about the FBL experience for sure.

Barry.....next 5 days here calling for high 50's, and boat loads of WIND....time to work on the shed....cant fly nuth'in.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:53 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,631 Posts
Just checked the weather here for next 5 days.......mid to high 70's....low winds...maybe...lol

Get that ol shed done .
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Lucky dog.....good weather. If I'm LUCKY, I'll be able to get the scooter out for a spin this week though. Wind sucks on the bike, but it's tolerable if it's above 50deg.

Did ANYONE watch the guy jump out of the balloon capsule at 24miles up? I did, it was amazing. I think that guy needs the heavy duty wheel borrow for his....that was a DANGEROUS feat. The pressure suit, oxygen tanks, all that stuff needed for a high altitude bail out makes it dangerous. The data he collected between himself and the capsule is priceless information that may someday save lives and be incorporated in space flight.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:16 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,094 Posts
I've been reading, But I have not done much for the 450. I did get promoted at work. Which includes more responsibility.
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:18 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERNDALE AIR FOR View Post
I've been reading, But I have not done much for the 450. I did get promoted at work. Which includes more responsibility.

You're working and got promoted....nuth'in wrong with that.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:09 AM
TIME is so things last longer!
California
Joined Sep 2008
696 Posts
Hello Guys,

Of late I have been snooping with nothing new to report. But now I do have a contribution, so here goes.

Yesterday I took and spent 45 minutes engineering a way to mount the GoPro camera facing down to earth. I wanted to see what it would be like to do a satellite "like" fly over so to speak. The CG was so far off I had to hang the dual packs off the back of the quad to get CG, and it was good too. So I set up the camera to shoot every 5 seconds. I took off over the house and went up slowly getting photos from different heights. My problem was, I was a bit scared to fly so high over the house and neighbors but I pushed on anyway. What I was worried about was getting to high that the would look to small to see any detail. NOT the case at all. But you do see the fisheye effect big time. Problem two, was trying to keep the quad square with the house. That did not happen so all of the pics are tilted in the frame a bit. Jason free rotated one for me and as you will see and it stands out, she is a square as my head lol. Here are a few photos 24 MB's worth.
Then I tried video but it came out fluttery. The mount was stuck out so far it was it was a victim to vibration. Over all the think the videoing a bit downward is the best for fly overs.

We are back to the high 90s again but today looks like a Montana Blue sky day......... a real 10 and we have tried be outside all day. Two nights ago we did a night fly and it was still cold and cloudy from the rain, but we were men and toughed it out LOL. I sure love my Honda 2000. Now when someone says, lets go fly I just pack the gear and charge when I get there and with 1000 watt 30 amp iCharger I am good to go in a short time. I hate pre charging and then come with full packs I could not fly and have to discharge them.

Getting ready to head to AZ for a month and meet up again with mrfastphil who I met here last year here on this forum. We'll fly, shoot, and take our Polaris Razors out again on the old gold mine trails. Heck in AZ that is all there is.................. rocky dirt trails lol.

Vic, good to see the new 450 heli coming along for you.

Fern, CONGRATULATIONS!

Barry, sorry to see your socked in with bad weather

Oracus, what fun pitching shoes. I just put mine in storage over the weekend. I bring them when we BBQ and friends over. Then I bring out rubber tipped lawn dates, hula hoops (which are great for drunk adults to make fools of themselves) with.

Keep your powder dry.
JPEE
JPee is offline Find More Posts by JPee