SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:02 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,648 Posts
Thanks Bro..........make yourself some "you time" Jay........It'll really help. :O) Airevac about did me in....lol
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:12 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
WHOAH.......Hi Jay, Rick, and Barry! Rick....I think I know what that says without interpetation....be nice.

My new 450 pro helicopter arrived today and it's far better than the sport 450 I got from the same vendor. As soon as payday gets here, I may order 2 more just to have on the shelf.

Installed a new toilet, and it's been leaking. I've done 100's of checks and fixes, and I'm NOT real happy. It's a Mansfield, looks great but is useless if it's putting tank water on the floor. I've got it down to a small reoccuring drop. I know I cracked the tank tightning it down because it wouldn't stop leaking. I'm no idiot, I've installed 30+ toilets in my life as a commercial plumber, never had a problem like this.

Jay...our bunnies are snug as a bug in a rug here in the basement. We now have 3, two mini-rex, and a mini-lop eared.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:37 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,648 Posts
Glad ya got the new heli's.....super. Hope ya get that leak cured .... I imagine it's no fun.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:41 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Barry...the leak is only a question of "how many tubes of RTV do I have?", the answer is "PLENTY". Remember the static drops that hung on hydralic cylinders and nuts? That's the size of the leak I have now....just a small drop that hangs for an eternity.

Talked to the wife about the heli I got in today. Told her it's near as good as EXI if not equal. Told her I'd like to get two more this comming pay day....I got the green light. The price is OUTSTANDING for what kind of heli it is, and it's only a stones throw away from Michigan or MO. I'm not gonna announce the vendor but I will tell anyone interested VIA PM or E-Mail. I also gotta order 4 more sets of FRP fiberglass blades.....you can't have enough main blades and I only have two sets left. Been a pretty rough heli year for me. I've smashed 4 or 5 heli's this year, ZERO fixed wing accidents and I've flown more fix wing than heli this season.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:48 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,648 Posts
10-4 on the drops. What a pain Bro. Excellent, let me know what brand, etc. It's really storming here....gotta unplug.....talk at ya later.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:49 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
10-4 on the drops. What a pain Bro. Excellent, let me know what brand, etc. It's really storming here....gotta unplug.....talk at ya later.

Sent you an E-Mail with link to vendor/product.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:59 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,648 Posts
Thanks Vic............most appreciated.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:02 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I'm building the new helicopter now. Bought 4 new servos, and it looks like I wont be using the stock plastic rudder servo holder. I've got plenty of metal rudder servo holders in the parts bin, I'll snag one of those.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:10 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,648 Posts
Good work Buddy..............get some pics when ya can. I just got two birds to build from a friend. Both 206's.......looking forward to it.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:03 AM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I've found the 206 scale build to be the easiest, most stable, and reliable in the R/C heli.....just like the real 206 being a good design. The belt driven tail doesn't work well in a scale fuse because belt tension is an issue all the time. With the torque tube you set the boom with a screw and forget it once you got the rudder servo zeroed. You may wish to consider if doing a 450 sized 206 the torque tube heli over the belt driven. YES....cold DOES affect the belt in ways you wont like. I've had the belt come off being to loose to being tight as a bow string. In either case...you dont have tail control.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:06 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,648 Posts
I agree....206 is nice. Thanks for the advice Amigo
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:06 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I'm back on the build. Was gonna work on the shed but that requires taking everything out. Well, it's 40deg and raining so that's not gonna happen today. I can get the new 450 heli built today though.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:22 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,648 Posts
Super. We just now got some relief from rain and cold....it'll be high 70's and dry.....yea.
Go build that sweet heart.
I'm going to hope to have no wind this evening to fly the two new Erazor's.....hope their dialed in close outta the box. I'm modifying the two fuses for batt access......gonna cut and use magnets for securing. We'll see,....LOL
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:33 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterKid77 View Post
Super. We just now got some relief from rain and cold....it'll be high 70's and dry.....yea.
Go build that sweet heart.
I'm going to hope to have no wind this evening to fly the two new Erazor's.....hope their dialed in close outta the box. I'm modifying the two fuses for batt access......gonna cut and use magnets for securing. We'll see,....LOL
You'll do alright on the fuses. The thing with the belt is that if you must adjust belt tension, you have to pull the frame out of the fuse....OFTEN. That becomes a real PITA. Once I went to torque tube, that was no longer an issue and I seldom had to remove the frame except if it crashed or an electronic component failed. We're both aircraft mechanics......you KNOW I'm right....LMAO.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:15 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,648 Posts
LOL..........Amen Vic.........yeah, I'm going to chop the tail cone off ala Vario so access will be better.