HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:32 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I was right on the heater. I cleaned it and vaccumed it out and it's back in service and the back up is back on the shelf.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 07:15 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
United States, MO, Howell
Joined May 2010
1,646 Posts
Vic........won't be long and we'll need that heat. :O)

Jay......bless ya Bro.......hang in there.
CopterKid77 is offline Find More Posts by CopterKid77
Old Sep 15, 2012, 06:40 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I understand Jay is busy taking names and kicking butt on some drywall....

Ended up with an absolutely PERFECT helicopter evening. Temp was about 65deg, sun out, little to zero wind. Put the Deep Woods Off on (a very good move) and flew the SNOT out of this heli. No inverted/back flips/or rolls, but I had it zipping across the field back and forth and doing steep stall turns and doing low altitude high speed passes. Went through two batteries, and called it good enough for today....I had fun. I had mosquitos all around me, but not one had the GUTS to land on me. Just my luck....my camera person was at home this time.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:50 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,646 Posts
Awesome Bud.............sounds like a good time was had my friend. We're going in the morning to fly IF the rain has stopped.......been on us for two days.....needed for sure, but dang.

LOL
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:50 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I wasn't really happy with the way this new heli hovered. Seems like it was all over the place and I'm used to "hands off hover" if there's no wind. I pulled a good metal head out of the parts bin and switched it over, only minimal adjustments were needed. Tomorrow I'm hoping for some hands off hover stability when I test it. If it goes well, I may fly all batteries out.

Hope you have a great time tomorrow flying. I hope my grand daughter will be here to do some camera work or if the weather is right, she can fly her cub, and I'll record her flying. Deep Woods Off is still a must right now though.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:14 AM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,646 Posts
Excellent.......yeah, I like hands off hover too my friend.
Cool.....maybe you can rig a spray system on her Cub to help kill the bugs...lol
We're zero vis via fog this am.......hope it stays dry for a bit so we can go.......just never know about this weather up here..
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:40 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Daughter isn't scheduled to work tonight, all the kids went home. I knew she would pack them up and leave after she got sleep so earlier, I broke out the min-bike so they could ride it before the weekend was over. Still hoping for a evening like yesterday's to test the head switch over and right now it's a tad windy. I wont really know until 6:00pm what the wind will do. Supposed to rain tomorrow though.

Update: They changed the rain to Tues. This evening was a CARBON COPY of last evening....perfect. I do see a little difference in stability with the new metal head I installed. Again, I flew it like I stole it and I did put it inverted once. When I pull inverted, I need to do it EARLIER in the flight though. She lacked punch because the battery was almost done. Two really good flights with lots of speed and steep stall turns and really fast low altitude fly by's. Oh....no crashes either...that's always a plus.
Last edited by metalbenderusn; Sep 16, 2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:56 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,646 Posts
Alright...........keep dat mini bike smokin'.....lol

Kudos on the no crashes.....lol.......sounds like ya got 'er lined out Bud.....good going. I asked Santa for an ERAZOR 450 ......and I might just get one earlier.... :O) I so want back into my helis.....love my Grauppy, but to hover is divine...!!
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:16 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Barry...are you sure about the E-Razor? I haven't read a lot of good about them and being forewarned is being forearmed. The one I'm flying right now isn't that great, but I knew it going into it and I can work amazing feats with garbage anyway. It's kind'a like what I told my son " a GOOD guitar player can make even a junk guitar sound good ", and they can...that's how they sell the junk. PM or E-mail me if you need some assistance or advice.

No flying tonight...the last big push on the basement room. Now I'm ready to put a TV and chairs in there for the two girls. We already put a desk and a school desk in there for them.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:24 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,646 Posts
My friend here is flying one....and had a second coming.....I hovered it and it seems real solid Vic....but he's letting me take the new one in the box and give it a go......so I can't really say no...lol
I will certainly bug ya my friend when I get it.
Most huge on the basement........I know they'll be tickled.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:13 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
OK guy....we'll take it as it goes. I'm sure it's no worse than what I'm flying right now. I've had worse, but not by much....LOL. As you know from messing with gassers....setup is everything. After that, it's just getting used to it.

I got the stuff moved into the basement room.....we just gained a second livingroom....one for KIDS.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:18 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,646 Posts
Thanks Bro...........yes Sir........set up is the biggie...and I'm sure I'll be shoutin'.

Awesome, now you two can have the show you want to see on tv.....LOL.

Enjoy Amigo
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
The added BONUS is, the upstairs is QUIET now because they have their own living room and lots of sound proof barrier. I LIKE IT!

Now I have that room cleaned out, I've got a lot to do for cleanup for the main area of the basement. I just went through $20 worth of garbage bags and I'm sure I didn't make my trash guy happy.

The front is pushing through, it's pulling 60's today and plenty windy. I'm sort'a happy about it because the humidity was pretty bad yesterday even though it wasn't hot and that made it uncomfortable.

I was thinking about buying another helicopter this payday, still might. It seems MY dog has developed a bladder infection of sorts, she's going to the Vet to get her back on track, and she is a priority over anything else.

No R/C gonna happen today for sure.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:39 PM
"To Hover is Divine"
Joined May 2010
1,646 Posts
It's so much nicer when the Munchkins have their own space....LOL Yeah, the puppy comes first I understand. Gettin' pretty excited about this one coming Fri. Now if the wind will get down under 70 I'll be ok...lol
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
I'll take clear skys, mid 60's, and less than 5mph winds please....make it to go. No...I dont need fries with that order.